CCTV Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was pictured parked where I apparently shouldnt have been in East Ham.

This was around the 24 th june.

My question is, is there a time limit for these tickets to be sent out as mine was not received until the 21st july nearly a month later..

Does it make any difference that is was parked in a no loading area but wasnt actually loading anyway so no contravention occurred :D:D:D Only kidding.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

I am sure I have read on other threads that CCTV tickets should be issued in 14 or 21 days (both of which have passed) but I am sure someone will be along with the facts if you are patient.

Anyone confirm this for me please.

AFAIK its 28 days, unless there are speacial circumstances where the LA cannot obtain your details within the timescale.

Green will know for sure unless hes hiding or doing overtime LOL:D

the presumed date of service is two days after posting (note date of posting not printing or date of going into an out tray in a council office).

se S.I. 2007 No. 3483 section 10 in this instance.

Penalty charge notices — service by post

10.—(1) An enforcement authority may serve a penalty charge notice by post where—

(a) on the basis of a record produced by an approved device, the authority has reason to

believe that a penalty charge is payable with respect to a vehicle which is stationary in a

civil enforcement area;

(b) a civil enforcement officer attempted to serve a penalty charge notice in accordance with

regulation 9 but was prevented from doing so by some person; or

© a civil enforcement officer had begun to prepare a penalty charge notice for service in

accordance with regulation 9, but the vehicle concerned was driven away from the place

in which it was stationary before the civil enforcement officer had finished preparing the

penalty charge notice or had served it in accordance with regulation 9,

and references in these Regulations to a “regulation 10 penalty charge notice” are to a penalty

charge notice served by virtue of this paragraph.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1)©, a civil enforcement officer who observes conduct

which appears to constitute a parking contravention shall not thereby be taken to have begun to

prepare a penalty charge notice.

(3) A regulation 10 penalty charge notice shall be served on the person appearing to the

enforcement authority to be the owner of the vehicle involved in the contravention in consequence

of which the penalty charge is payable.

(4) Subject to paragraph (6), a regulation 10 penalty charge notice may not be served later than

the expiration of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which, according to a record

produced by an approved device, or information given by a civil enforcement officer, the

contravention to which the penalty charge notice relates occurred (in these Regulations called “the

28-day period”).

(5) Paragraph (6) applies where—

(a) within 14 days of the appropriate date the enforcement authority has requested the

Secretary of State to supply the relevant particulars in respect of the vehicle involved in

the contravention and those particulars have not been supplied before the expiration of the

28-day period;

(b) an earlier regulation 10 penalty charge notice relating to the same contravention has been

cancelled under regulation 23(5)©; or

© an earlier regulation 10 penalty charge notice relating to the same contravention has been

cancelled under regulation 5 of the Representations and Appeals Regulations.

(6) Where this paragraph applies, notwithstanding the expiration of the 28-day period, an

enforcement authority shall continue to be entitled to serve a regulation 10 penalty charge

notice—

(a) in a case falling within paragraph (5)(a), for a period of six months beginning with the

appropriate date; or

(b) in a case falling within paragraph (5)(b) or ©, for a period of 4 weeks beginning with the

appropriate date.

(7) In this regulation—

(a) “the appropriate date” means—

(i) in a case falling within paragraph (5)(a), the date referred to in paragraph (4);

(ii) in a case falling within paragraph (5)(b), the date on which the district judge serves

notice in accordance with regulation 23(5)(d); or

(iii) in a case falling within paragraph (5)© the date on which the previous regulation 10

penalty charge notice was cancelled; and

(b) “relevant particulars” means particulars relating to the identity of the keeper of the

vehicle contained in the register of mechanically propelled vehicles maintained by the

Secretary of State under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994.

Nother question, does the 28 days include weekends? as it doesn't say in that lot above :)

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)