offering full and final and cca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ya Maz!

Please start your own thread to avoid any confusion.

There's help info here if you need it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Come back here and post a link to your new thread when you've done it, or at least type up the thread title so we can all find you :)

Best wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hiya Hopeful1

many thanks for your reply and yes i would like to start my own thread and also to help others in the long run.

the guide also wicked thank you

so where best to start my thread under which thread header, ie General Debt Issues or would you recommend something different

will plan now to do later tonight so will see what you say first

thanks have a fun day to all Ciao MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hiya Hopeful1

many thanks for your reply and yes i would like to start my own thread and also to help others in the long run.

the guide also wicked thank you

so where best to start my thread under which thread header, ie General Debt Issues or would you recommend something different

will plan now to do later tonight so will see what you say first

thanks have a fun day to all Ciao MAZ

Hi Maz, i'm glad my last post helped.

I think your suggestion of the general debt forum is a good one for the debts with the original creditor. You could stay in this forum (debt collection industry) for the CL finance one.

If you have lots of different creditors to deal with it may be worth having a thread for each one.

1 piece of advice i would offer now is to deal with the biggest nightmare ones 1st, don't try and do everything at once - it can send you do-lally in the beginning ;):D

hiya just had another letter from Apex (formerly BCW) This was from a cahoot debt I had they wrote back saying I need to contact the client and send them the £1.00 postal order this was for a loan not overdraft so just woundering do i write to cahoot now

Regards

hiya just had another letter from Apex (formerly BCW) This was from a cahoot debt I had they wrote back saying I need to contact the client and send them the £1.00 postal order this was for a loan not overdraft so just woundering do i write to cahoot now

Regards

BCW were collecting a debt from me on behalf of Cahoot. They couldn't provide a credit agreement so i reported them to TS and they stopped harrassing me.

If you are still paying them i would stop as without the agreement they have no legal right to collect on the debt.

Have a look at this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147392-cca-dcas-unfair-commercial.html

Now, previously i would have said there's no need to contact Cahoot. However, i am very wary about how easily creditors / DCAs are issuing court claims. To cover myself i would be inclined to send a CCA request.

I would also write seperately to complain about the bad practice of BCW as Cahoot are ultimately responsible if the debt has not been sold to them.

It's never ending isn't it?! :)

• Haha 1

i thought they would do all the requesting i mean cl finance sent a letter saying they will obtain the info, so dont know if i should write to cahoot or not

That's my point though Morgan. The DCA should be the ones providing the documents but they have told you to contact Cahoot yourself. I am assuming that Cahoot have not actually sold the debt, they are using the DCA to collect on their behalf.

Whether you choose to contact Cahoot is your decision but perhaps if i share my experience it will help you understand my caution.

I sent a CCA request to Weightmans (solicitors collecting on behalf of HFC) in May '07.

They told me to contact HFC. I didn't but continued to write to Weightmans at intermittent periods about their lack of compliance. In Feb. this year i received a county court claim from them and in March the agreement etc turned up - how sick did i feel?!! This is still ongoing.

hello all

hiya hopeful1 - i know what you mean about going do lally ive got there!!!

looking back at my paperwork now that it is in order, in april/may i had tremendous problems with mbna as they were just ignoring me and getting rma and nco chasing me for payment whilst id already sent mbna my initial letter to accept my pro rata payments, so i found my notes id sent them a harrasment letter, also only to contact me via letter no more phonecalls, managed to get them to delete my work number too. However, also now recall that i did send them a request or it may have been to rma and nco for my credit agreement,

Unfortunately, my pc crashed lost all my files and i had stored each letter i have ever done in each folder on the pc, now all gone. ( i know, now have all my letters stored also on a computer stick - lol)

So i chased up mbna last week, as now im on a plan for 12 months no interest or charges and to update them if my circumstances improve, hoping to go back to work in the next month you see.

i requested again the copies of my cca as i had already spoken to 2 different people about them in july when they finally set up my payment plans. She told me last week that copies had already been sent to me twice, never had them.

Today in the post got copies of MY RECENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS, as per my request!!!

NO NO NO this is a nightmare now.

so playing silly beggars i think. Well, as i have now searched my files and have found copies of my original letters requesting copy of the credit agreement.

1 letter to global vantedge and 1 letter to nco for 2 of the mbna cards.

My question is now should i just write to mbna advising them of my original requests as i sent the 1.00 postal order to the appropiate companies i wrote to ie global and nco. Informing them that i require the correct legal paperwork as requested within 7 days, or confirmation that they no longer hold the original copy of the credit agreement.

I know i can report them but my aim like i said is to see about full and final settlement figures -

i will start my own thread on this now too, just wanted to update this thread may help others at this moment in time,

what do you all think my next step is - thanks maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Maz - get your thread set up and then we can post a link here, so others can keep up that way :)

hiya all and Hopeful1

i have created my first thread titled CCA REQUEST TO MBNA my journey by Maz - located under General Debt Issues

hope you can help me there - many thanks and will do the same for my other creditors too later this evening.

Good stuff Maz :D

Here's the link HERE everyone - all support will be appreciated ;)

• Haha 1