Campaign to the OFT against unfair CRA practices.

finlander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep at people;)

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

Petition Signed

Only 62 Names on the list? We must be able to do better than that, surely???

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

well pass the word on... get everyone you can

• Haha 1

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

I'm on the list - or should be twice, once for Cap1 and once for Mackenzie Hall who are chasing an unknown alleged debt... they sent one of those payslip/pin letters from Patrick Stewart.. I think they must be Star Trek Fans.

Letters going out AGAIN to them tomorrow and to the OFT who their Trading Standards passed me on to..

Good morning all, Mrs Z here :)

We have this morning received a response back from the OFT re the CRA mass complaint, so will be signing the "Permission to Disclose Complaint" and getting it off in the post asap.

The more people that complain and sign the petition, hopefully the OFT will be forced into taking action.

Petition signed.

Letter coming off the printer now - will be posted 1st class this weekend.

Please don't be downhearted, finlander. You ARE doing a great job!

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

Sorry for delay, signed the Petition but have only now got around to sending off the Letter to The Office of Fair Trading...but a few more Letters now on their way, as have circulated the Letter amongst friends and family.

I made a couple of minor changes, mainly adding a final additional paragraph:

My own recommendation is that Default Markers should be time-limited, and should be deleted within a set period after issue if no Court action has been instigated. Furthermore, repeat Default Notices should not be allowed on the same Account, to deter further abuse of their true intention.

Cheers,

BRW

keep it up people.... sounds like the OFT are getting interested......

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

keep it up people.... sounds like the OFT are getting interested......

It's thanks to people like you Finlander (mornin by the way :p) all kinds of changes are going on within the Credit industry. You just need to scroll though some of these stories to see what is happening and it's by no means not least as a result of the collective hammering given by people on here to these companies and organisations...as you say, " keep it up folks " and well done..

Credit Today online

Sarah

ps..what the ** are we up at this hour for on here ? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jo

The letter in post 88 is te one advised to send

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Sent...and auto aknowledged:

"Thank you for your email to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

Unless your email concerns a [problem], we will usually respond to standard enquiries within 10 working days".

lets hope this isn't a [problem] else theres no knowing how long it could take for a response!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

• 3 weeks later...
I also think that as we have no choice but for the CRA's to hold our info, we should not be forced to pay for access to it - their fees should come from the profits they make selling access to it.

This is presumably covered elswehere but why do we have no choice? What gives them any right to hold any of our personal info without our permission unless that info is already in the public domain?

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

This is presumably covered elswehere but why do we have no choice? What gives them any right to hold any of our personal info without our permission unless that info is already in the public domain?

Hi mfpa - this has bugged me for a while. I understand that if you sign an agreement with the section on sharing your data with the CRA's etc - ok, I get that.

What I don't get is where the hell did the CRA's get any permission to then use that data for marketing, profiling, selling and all the other interesting things they use my data for? When I sign up to see my credit file there may very well be a clause in their T&C's stating this (though I cannot find it) - but what about BEFORE i ask to see my file?

They hold a credit file on you - which is all you agree to on your loan or whatever agreement - when is all the rest that they make a fortune from agreed?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I have today received my response!!! which was what I had expected:(

Thank you for your email to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). Your complaint has been logged for our records and will add to our understanding of this UK market.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) cannot usually take action on cases brought to us by individual consumers. Our primary duties include the enforcement of competition law, the regulation of the consumer credit market through a licensing system and the application of consumer protection legislation in respect of matters that adversely affect the collective interests of UK consumers.

The OFT can also investigate markets that do not appear to be working well for consumers and complaints or information received may be forwarded to one of our market investigation teams for their further consideration.

For more information on the work we carry out, please feel free to visit our website at The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

You may wish to contact The Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner enforces and oversees the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The Information Commissioner's Office also handles queries on information held by credit reference agencies. They can be contacted at:

The Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545 745

Fax: 01625 524 510

I hope this information proves helpful to you.

AC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...