Carphoneware house ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends,

I have been with cpw from last 1 year ... i have upgraded the contract and also insurance policy. Now before 10 days i lost my phone and i had claimed for a new phone. but inbetween i made a mistake that i couldnt call to my service provider within 24 hrs after loosing phone. I called them after 3 days. But they refuse my claim and they r not givng me any replacement even i have an insurance for my phone. I had done apeal against the refusal and the answer is same.

now i m not using any phone or any sim card from cpw. so i dnt need to pay them. So please anyone can guide me what sould i do now. Because i dnt want to pay them for which i m not using.

I did all the efforts to make approval for my claim but they r still refusing to give me replacement.

Should I cancel my direct debit??

Thank You...

Hello and Welcome, Helpmeout.

I'll move your thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

Have come across this one a few times (i'm an ex Carphone Warehouse store manager for my sins!). The wording of CPW Lifeline insurance policies does not state that you have to notify the network within 24 hours of loss/theft - they only state that you need to notify the network within 24 hours of noticing the phone was missing.

If you complied with this, then I would advise speaking/writing to the Lifeline team and asking for the appeal to be reconsidered bearing this in mind as too often this is missed during the initial claim.

If it was longer than 24 hours between you noticing the phone was missing and reporting it then unfortunately, you are not covered. However, I know from experience that this information is taken on trust and almost never double checked with the network. Unless you have already explicitly told them that it was longer than 24 hours from noticing the phone was missing, you may still have a chance ;-)

Hope that helps

Thanks for your information...

But I apealed them twice and both the time the refuse for replacement. And I didnt tell them abt the late notifing. They found out from the service provider. I Called them yesterday (Monday) also and requested them to reconsider my claim but they had the same answer for me.

Now I have only one option to cancel my direct debit because I am not using any phone or service from carphonewarehouse, so why should I pay them furthur... After all these, I will try 2moro and see what they will answer me otherwise I would cancel my direct debit...

What you suggest me...should I cancel direct debit??

appriciated any help...

well, the network should have blocked the sim and imei if you have reported it lost / stolen.

you could ask them to send you a replacement sim, and put it in an old phone.

im afraid i dont think you have grounds to not pay, esp if your contract has just been renewed.

Don't Quote me on that :lol:

I am now a rep hunter :lol:

Have I helped, educated, impressed?

Click my scales

hi

ime on contract with o2 through carphone ware house

last month i lost my phone and even though i had no insurance they sorted it for me.

i went into the local shop and was advised to buy a paygo phone, there and then they gave me a new sim card to put in the phone with same number, etc

the sim only cost me £10

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that they did check with the network - they very often don't! But postgjj is right - you can get a new SIM on the contract for around £10 depending on network and will have to either use an old phone or buy a new Pay As You Go phone (but don't tell them you're going to swap the SIMs or they might refuse to sell it!)

Unfortunately, losing the phone is not grounds to be able to cancel the contract - although it might be worth looking at the thread in this forum about cancelling vodafone contracts from 1st September based on call charge increases.

Also - unless you call CPW Lifeline department to cancel your insurance, you will still be paying insurance on a phone you no longer have - probably around £30 per quarter!

Hope that helps

Thanks for repling...

As I just upgraded my contract before 2 months and I bought O2 XDA Staller which is very constly phone and I paid 50 GBP for the phone also. And now if I can not use that phone, why should I pay them 45 GBP per month because I upgraded my contract because I like that phone.

So I dont feel that I should pay them further.

you have entered into a fixed term contract for access to the mobile phone network. you have purchased / recieved title in goods for use in accessing the mobile phone network. once title in those goods have passed to you, the network has no further liability in regards to the equipment.

for whatever reason, your means of accessing the mobile phone network is no longer available, however, you still have the right to access that network.

The network will supply you with a replacement sim, but new equipment must be purchased by you, either through an insurance policy, or other means.

As you missed out on the insurance deadline, the INSURANCE company do not have to pay out, which leaves you in the situation you are in now.

you could try a local branch of CEX, they normally have a good range of 2nd hand phones available.

Sorry it isn't what you want to hear, but it is my understanding of the situation

Click my scales

Unfortunately Hoose is right - I really feel for you but I can't see any way you can get out of the contract or get a replacement. The network are under no obligation to provide a replacement for a lost phone. Your insurance company would have been, had you notified the network in time. I can understand why they wouldn't cover any calls run up in that time but it seems harsh to refuse a replacement - nevertheless, i've seen it a hundred times before and I can't see them budging on it - sorry.

helpmout,

even if you cancel your direct debit, you will still be liable for the charges.

If you make no effort to pay, then the charges will mount up and then things will start to get bad.

Think objectivley about this, why not get a second hand phone, ask for a replacement sim card so that you CAN use the network and if necessary, ask for a tariff reduction. there are people on this forum being hassled by DCA's etc, oftentimes through no fault of there own, and you want to walk into it voluntarily?????

Click my scales