Re: Distressing phone call from MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Andrew

That is an interesting point!If i need to point out defects in it i will bring up the fact it is barely legible apart from the fact that there is no proof that my MBNA CCA has overleaf terms and conditions!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're going to let us pull their credibility to shreds like this somehow. They have too many big backers, we are just the man in the street that pays their way, until now.... Don't try and get out of your debt, just try to find a reasonable way, at a reasonable repayment way to pay it back.....:)

Hi AA99 ! Banks and DCAS not normally very reasonable!and not normally prepared to come to reasonable repayment plans ! and dont normally make allowances for their iresponsible lending!

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

just a question to ur reply sarah could any company argue that if a person weres glasses/contacts the writing would have been readable if they were wearing hem.

Also if they do can u then argue that ur glasses were broken so without them u could not read it

What a great excuse to use Godmother! I will have to use that one! LOL:grin:

Hmmmm....the illegeable agreement I have from MBNA.

Complained to both my local and Chester TS and copied the OFT regarding this and the fact that they would not confirm that in fact they cannot send me a CCA that I can read.

Both T/S refused point blank to have anything to do with it and the OFT will 'monitor the situation'. Now the FOS have finally stirred into life after 6 months but can't see a problem either.

So why do MBNA behave as they do.............?

The reality is however I, (according to MBNA) owe them a five figure sum but as I dispute that, I haven't paid them a bean in over a year. It is beyond belief that if they had an enforceable ageement, this situation would exist.

Iv'e come to the conclusion that they really are, quite pathetic.

David

Hi David!

I am in same boat as you owing MBNA a five figure sum!:eek:but am still in a dilema whether to try and bring their CCA to any of the bodies (ie TS OFT or FOS) you mentioned,Going by your experiences though i dont feel very encouraged to go through with it though .So my brain in a bit of whirl wondering what i should do! MBNA have been very crafty with their wording and dont actually say the two pieces of paper they scanned and sent me are connected! Just trying to imply it by sending me two sides scanned onback and front of same piece of paper but i am sure those documents not connected to same agreement! but the only way i could get to see the original and prove it is if i was taken to court or i came to some arrangement to view the original with MBNA:grin:.I see on some threads that people try and arrange to get the original signed one transferred to their local bank so they can loook at it but MBNA is a telephone bank as they love to say! so dont have local branches where you could do this! but any betting if you or me did that ! That MBNA would not agree!i definitly am thinking of doing a compliant on my Crapital one one as that one has certainly got some things on it that raise a few questions! :grin:and thanks for giving your opinion on my crapital one David and Godmother! and reassuring me about it!:-)

I'd write back and ask them to include some binoculars with their next letter.

Fred

Hi Fred!

i think i need binoculars with my MBNA CCA as well! You are an experienced member of MBNA fan club!Do any DCA s phone you on christmas day?My hubby thinks that overseas call centers might do ?as they being a different relegion dont recognise christmas?

Hi Fred!

i think i need binoculars with my MBNA CCA as well! You are an experienced member of MBNA fan club!Do any DCA s phone you on christmas day?My hubby thinks that overseas call centers might do ?as they being a different relegion dont recognise christmas?

Sunflower, I don't get many calls at all nowadays and I've never had one on Christmas day, but then it was only just before Christmas last year that I pulled out of my DMP and the previous 2 I was in it. Before that, I wasn't in any trouble with anyone.

I won't get any this Christmas because I'm going away.

I would think it highly unlikely to be honest.

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Make's you laugh, I just had a call from a dca and it was like a dialek, robot voice " this - is - xyz coll-ections- this- i s, a call - for ( gap) a mrs...xxxx....- please - call ooh, 8, 4, 5, 6, x x x x this - is - ur, ge, nt.....twats :D They call on Christmas day and I'll have some fun with that one :D

Happy Christmas everyone, and remember, for every one bad memory out of all this business in 2008 there will be ten happier things you can think of - it's just digging them out, so don't be depressed over Christmas, lift a glass as I will to you all and recite to yourself " Why am I worried - it's only numbers?"

Have fun....

Make's you laugh, I just had a call from a dca and it was like a dialek, robot voice " this - is - xyz coll-ections- this- i s, a call - for ( gap) a mrs...xxxx....- please - call ooh, 8, 4, 5, 6, x x x x this - is - ur, ge, nt.....twits :D They call on Christmas day and I'll have some fun with that one :D

I'm sure we could have some fun with this, if we play it right - you know, like those Radio shows that phone 2 people at the same time and then connect them to each other! I can just imagine the conversation now! :D

I'm also a big fan of the FoneJacker on e4, BTW... :eek:

"If I can just take your Baaank account number and sort code..." - Priceless!

[post removed as it got duplicated! Did not realise it got transmitted in end!

Edited by sunflower99

Make's you laugh, I just had a call from a dca and it was like a dialek, robot voice " this - is - xyz coll-ections- this- i s, a call - for ( gap) a mrs...xxxx....- please - call ooh, 8, 4, 5, 6, x x x x this - is - ur, ge, nt.....twits :D They call on Christmas day and I'll have some fun with that one :D

Happy Christmas everyone, and remember, for every one bad memory out of all this business in 2008 there will be ten happier things you can think of - it's just digging them out, so don't be depressed over Christmas, lift a glass as I will to you all and recite to yourself " Why am I worried - it's only numbers?"

Have fun....

Hi Sarah! Well said! That post of yours cheered me up and helps me not to look on the oncoming new year with such dread!If i start to get depressed during festive season i will do as you advise and remind myself for every bad memory there will be ten happier memories such as finding this site ! all the times ive now been able to stand up to phone calls of bullying DCAS !and friends ive met on here and know what ever the new year throws at me ive got the advice and moral support of everyone here and will not be alone!Thanks for all your moral support on my MBNA thread Sarah!:)

Edited by sunflower99

Sunflower, I don't get many calls at all nowadays and I've never had one on Christmas day, but then it was only just before Christmas last year that I pulled out of my DMP and the previous 2 I was in it. Before that, I wasn't in any trouble with anyone.

I won't get any this Christmas because I'm going away.

I would think it highly unlikely to be honest.

Regards.

Fred

HI Fred!

Yes i tend to agree with you! but hubby seems convinced i am going to get some DCA calls! LOL but he keeps insisting that he is going to answer the phone and shout swear words down it if it a DCA! but i keep telling him not a good ideas as calls often get recorded! best to stick to a dignified communication in writing please! but he keeps insisting he is going to swear at them!:eek:i

you are lucky you not getting many phone calls as in my case !after having a quiet time the phone is now constantly ringing again ! At the moment i am like sarah being pestered by a robot!Barclay card keep setting a robot on me!:eek:and Barclays is a bank who so far i feel i have been ok with as not put in dispute and not put in a cca or Subject Access Request for! and i have been shelling out a large portion of my wages to them each month though sometimes a bit late but at least they should see from their computer that they are getting regular substantial payments i can barely afford.It seems like the more you pay them the more they pester you!Their machine or DCA even rang me once at work:eek: and told my superviser they were barclays to add to my humiliation at work so they are just as bad as MBNA !

Hi everone!

I just wanted to say big thankyou to everyone who has subscribed to my MBNA thread!Thanks for all your advice moral support and friendship, and helping me cope with my MBNA problems! You folks on this thread have been brilliant and helped keep me sane!and i hope you all have a lovely christmas! :)xxx

Hi everone!

I just wanted to say big thankyou to everyone who has subscribed to my MBNA thread!Thanks for all your advice moral support and friendship, and helping me cope with my MBNA problems! You folks on this thread have been brilliant and helped keep me sane!and i hope you all have a lovely christmas! :)xxx

Hello Sunflower,

I am wishing you a very merry xmas and even more a peaceful, victorous and prosperus new year.:grin:

Oh and a few successful ding, dongs along the way:D What you have to remember is that you do not have a problem with mbna, it is them that have a very big problem with you:lol::lol::lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Hellhasnofury!

I wish you a merry christmas too!and hope we can both carry on giving MBNA a run for their money together in the new year!:DYes you are right! i should not keep referring to my problems with MBNA! and start to refer on this thread about MBNAS problems with me!:DMe and hubby are going to have a quiet christmas and i am looking foward to having a few quality days of work!Thanks again for all your help and friendship on this forum!:)

Hi Hellhasnofury!

I wish you a merry christmas too!and hope we can both carry on giving MBNA a run for their money together in the new year!:DYes you are right! i should not keep referring to my problems with MBNA! and start to refer on this thread about MBNAS problems with me!:DMe and hubby are going to have a quiet christmas and i am looking foward to having a few quality days of work!Thanks again for all your help and friendship on this forum!:)

Hello Sunflower,

This is my thread on MNBA

subscribed.gifRevenge needed against mbna

Read it from post 56 and you will see what good things can happen to mbna disputes:D

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Hellhasnofury!

Thanks for link to your thread! I will be reading it witth great interest,I remember seeing on your thread how awful MBNA were to you even accusing you of using .their card when you dident .They were unbelievable to you.I am still wondering about whether to complain to oft and fos about MBNA and crapital one,It seems going by other peoples experiences a complete waste of time but then it may be worth it as it gives youm more ammunition whehn they sell your debt on and or set other DCAs on you as you can then state even more stongly that the accccount is in dispute! I certainly have got quite a definite things to complain about the CCA MBNA and crapital one have sent me !This is a lovely site but sometimes get confliciting or different advice so sometimes not sure what to do!it will be lovely to read your thread about victories against MBNA!:D At least thanks to this lovely site and you folks i have now got some hope for the future and am able to put up a fight!Hope you have a lovely christmas!It looks like you up early like me on christmas thinking about things! :)

You should complain to your local t/s and OFT,forget FOS they're a joke.

Happy Xmas

David

Hi David

Thanks for your advice!I have heard several people say it is a waste of time complaing to FOS but just heard that t when the original bank sells your debts onto low life pondfeeders DCAs it puts them off a bit if when i write them curly Bens letter saying how astounded i am when or if they pass my debt onto the lowlife debt collecters who buy my debts for peanuts !if i can state that the case has been passed onto Fos for investigation and it will throw even more of a spanner in their works! I suppose complaining to TS and oft has a similar effect though?In crapital ones case though i am considering writing to all of them as if allegations about them are correct what they have done is bordering on fraud!i know there a six month limit after banks final response to complaint about them when it is the FOS but do the same limits apply to TS and OFT?Thanks again for all your advice and moral support and giving me a much needed laugh sometimes!I hope you had a lovely christmas too!:-)I had a nice relaxing christmas at home thanks and managed to put MBNA and crapital one out of my thoughts for a while downing a few glasses of sherry and wine and just chilling out! My best christmas present is being able to have a few days of work!as it feels like i spend most of my life at work at moment!And Fred was right and my husband wrong i have not had any calls from DCAs!not even the oversea call centers or the Barclay card robot one!Merry Xmas Sunflower:-)

Im a little confused by AA99's reply also... if the banks and credit cards are stupid enough to not cover themselves with valid agreements then that makes them unenforceable, same as any court case whereby someone is guilty and a solicitor gets them off on a technicality, same as if you were arrested and the right procedure was not followed you would get off. I have paid 20k of my debt off, I went back to work full time and made life changing changes to my families lives, I still have a significant amount of debt left and I will repay it unless there are not correct ccas in which case great I get my life back 20 years early as thats how long it would take me to pay them off.

• Haha 1

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

By way subscribed to your thread now so you may wish to take a look at mine sometime, althought your a lot further down the line. skeggsy v mbna we all need to read read read and stick together

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

By way subscribed to your thread now so you may wish to take a look at mine sometime, althought your a lot further down the line. skeggsy v mbna we all need to read read read and stick together

Hi Skeggs885

Thanks for subscribing to my thread as you say us MBNA fan club members should stick together! and i willl be takeing a look at your thread too.,This froum is wondeful in that it has given me some hope for the futue and that i dont have to take the bullying threats and drivel these DCAS put through my phone and letterbox.before i joined this forum i used to sit in front of this PC in floods of tears in the early hours of the morning trying to hide my distress reading all the horror stories of people trapped in a world of debt some of them even driven to suicide over it ,wondering if me and my OH would be in the same boat as them a few months down the line,I felt very scared amd alone and was desperatly trying to hide my distress from my OH as he has a heart problems and worried that any further stress would cause him more harm.My OH has been off work for several years now and only gets incapacity benefit though luckily i have a full time job but i am only a shop assistant so dont get a huge wage!we have never been brilliant mangers of money and i realise we should have not been tempted by all the offers of increased credit card limits that seemed to drop through our lettwer box everyday ,We wre both depresssed by my OH s poor health and were tempted to spend more money on our credit card than we should have done to make our rather bleak lives bearable! but of course as the credit card companies kept upping our credit card limits so off course we were tempted to keep using them , After my hubbys heart attack even though his bank could see that only his incapacity benefit was going in our account they nearly doubled his overdraft to couple of grand!So these banks do it to themselves with their irresponsible lending to desperate people!So now like you i dont feel guilty about asking for CCAs and seeing if there is any way of legaally getting out of Debt! These people who moralise about us using these tactics dont know what it is like to be in debt all the time and how tempting it is to use it if you not got much comeing in!I bet if they were in same boat as us a lot of them would be tempted to use any legal loophole to get out of debt for ecomic survival and to stop these dca making their lives a nightmare!A lot of people very smug about people in debt ! but they have not got a clue about what it is like to livem in a life of debt.I had better stop now before this post turns into a book! Sorry i am not a very concise person and tend to ramble a bit!LOL:)

Im a little confused by AA99's reply also... if the banks and credit cards are stupid enough to not cover themselves with valid agreements then that makes them unenforceable, same as any court case whereby someone is guilty and a solicitor gets them off on a technicality, same as if you were arrested and the right procedure was not followed you would get off. I have paid 20k of my debt off, I went back to work full time and made life changing changes to my families lives, I still have a significant amount of debt left and I will repay it unless there are not correct ccas in which case great I get my life back 20 years early as thats how long it would take me to pay them off.

Hi Skeggs885

well said! Like you and Car i was a bit confused by AA99 last post! as this whole thread is about me requesting a CCA and how unreasonable MBNA are!i would not have even thought of joining this forum going down CCA path if MBNA and Crapital one were reasnable banks !Even when i was making my minimum repayments to MBNA which was a huge amount and with their horrific interest rates was barely touching the original sum borrowed! i quickly realised what an unreasonable bank it was as even when i was a few days late making a payment my home and workplace was bombarded with phonecalls once even over a very petty amount of money which i believe was an unintentional underpayment of about 40 pence ! LOL,i was at time afraid to make any contact with MBNA realising what a unreasonable bank it was and was not confident abut what i could offer them at time especiallly as Debtline online budget tool told me i had no money left to pay crediters!:eek: and when i started trawling MBNA threads and saw that in a lot of cases they were turing down payment plans event from people who had tried to come to arrangements with them trough reputable Debt counselling services cush as CAB CCA or debline .So in my case i did not even attempt to make any DMPs and went straight down CCS road as advised by forum as i realised it would be a waste of time trying to set up DMP with MBNA!

Here's the link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/174475-skeggsy-mbna.html

;)

and when i started trawling MBNA threads and saw that in a lot of cases they were turing down payment plans event from people who had tried to come to arrangements with them

A loooooooong time ago I tried to make arrangements with my creditors on a pro-rata basis, supported by an income expenditure breakdown.

They all agreed, except......MBNA. They insisted on a payment of around 3x that amount telling me, (on the phone of course), that it would be illegal for them to accept less and would clear the agreement in ten years.

Within a few months 3 things became apparent.

a) I was struggling making the payments

b) Despite promising not to, they still added interest so the agreement never would clear.

c) They were back on the phone again pushing for an increased payment to clear the agreement earlier. (Oh really?)

Due to a), things were getting desperate but then I found CAG. Within a few months-

a) I learned how to deal with these people, (hmmm...being polite today)

b) Stopped paying the lot of them, including MBNA, with the exeption of a tuppeny h'penny fixed term with another company.

There's always one isn't there.

I can only assume they had a deprived childhood and nobody ever read 'Brothers Grimm' fairy tales to them. Still it's never to late MBNA, (or insert 1st Credit etc), I suggest you search under 'Brothers Grimm, Goose'

David