TheChancellor and 6 CCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received a reply from HBOS re Credit Card.http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/frank2468/HFX1.jpghttp://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/frank2468/HFX2.jpgMight just be me but my newly found CAG-nose smells a small, brown furry rodent..........."For your signature" (above) features printed answers supposedly given on the application form.There is a mistake on one of the answers & my bank isn't listed - just the sort code, yet I supposedly signed it off without correcting it (I'm very fussy & doesnt sound right).Only signed by myself.Edge of document seems to read "Approved Application signature only required".Anyone had similar?Second pic features front page of a beautiful 8 page CCA AGreement featuring both parties named on the agreement.Pity it is unsigned & features my current address not my original address!Also separate 10 pages of T&C which could be from anywhere.My question is if the one page signed "agreement" above is legally binding why would they need to include the new 8 page version?Over to you God Mother !!

rite ok

Well it looks kinda legit.

It has some of the prescribed terms on it which is good as it needs to have your name and addy on it.

you have said your bank is not listed and this is printed on details.

When u signed this would the details have been printed on like this or would they have been hand written. Also would the name of your bank been on the deocs? I notice u said you were fussy and would not have done that but is there any way that at the time u would have not noticed this and as a result just signed it.

The doc is se threw and as a result i can see there is print on the other side. Now is this print actually there or is it that the copy is that way.

Also i dont see anything like them main prescribed terms as it the credit limt APR etc. but this may have been on the back of the original form the document also reffers to the conditions of use have you got these?

As it stands i think it is unenforcable but i will need to know the answers to the questions before i give my final answer.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks GM - I cant get the page to display properly at the minute.I'll try & re-cap.

Yes, my name & address are correct.

My date of birth is wrong.

My bank's name is missing but the sort code is there & time with bank is there.

The basic form is in light lettering & then they have printed in bold letters each of the required fields (except as above).

They seem to be suggesting that this is a follow-on form after they have got the details from my Application Form & they have added them for me just to sign.

I am very "picky" and everything has to be just right with me.I even get told off for correcting the kids' homework lol so it would be VERY unusual for me just to let it go through.I underline my signature & the one on this form has the "underline" right through my name which again is not normal.

I was either having a very bad day or someone is in to cut & paste.

Might be interesting to see the original application form if one exists - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) perhaps?

There is printing on the back of the form.Well spotted!

It is called "Financial Information" and lists special promotion rate, APR, handling charges for cash, charges - but it has a different document reference (in tiny type on the bottom edge of the form) to the front!

i.e. it could have been photocopied to look as one page.

Think these would be the conditions of use?

I just have a "feeling" about it - such as the fact that it is presumably exactly the same as my application form.If I have already answered all of these questions in my handwriting why would they just copy them down neatly & send in essence the same form out for me to sign again?

And they haven't signed it.

If that one is enforceable why send out the shiny new 8 page contract with detailed T&C which isn't signed & only shows my current address?

I feel like they are trying to flannel me & am tempted at the moment to call their bluff.

would this have been printed or hand written?

It seeems strange that a important piece of info like ur DOB would be incorrect as i am thinking it would be a very important piece of info.

it does seem a kinda strange form i mean it does seem kinda small for a CCA.

now the info on the back does not IMO as i can not see it deem as conditions of use especially with a different ref number to the rest of the form.

u mention the sig is not right due to the line being in the wrong place i think this also make the doc invalid.

i dont think this is legit it just seems kinda wrong i would say they are trying to fob u off but this is IMHO

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

yes there is a link i will post up re what a SAR should contain u can add a few things to that.

'DATA PROTECTION ACT - SUBJECT ACCESS - A GUIDE FOR DATA SUBJECTS - Pamphlet No2')

Sorry i cant find the link but this is what i am on about

• 3 weeks later...

Another apology letter from HFC arrived today.

This is second one apologising for the delay in sorting my complaint (they have failed to produce an enforceable CCA since being asked in July).

They have advised me of my right to complain to the FOS but hope I wont lol.:p

What's the next step (or if I've answered my own question does anyone have a FOS letter)?

FOS complaint may help.

yes they are backlogged but that means they wont be able to pass the acc on as FOS will want to contact them re it.

FOS complaint may help.

yes they are backlogged but that means they wont be able to pass the acc on as FOS will want to contact them re it.

Thanks GM

Do I complain that they have failed to carry out their legal obligation to supply under CCA 1974?

Is that enough?

(I don't want them to keep searching too hard for it lol).:eek:

p.s. just had a thought as I complained to IC that HFC were passing on my data to their DCA without my permission (via a valid CCA).That must be what they are investigating?

DCA have gone quiet as well but never got an acknowledgement from IC.

Edited by TheChancellor
ps added

rite u need to complain about everything.

no cca but chasing money. harrassing phone calls despite being asked to stop.

not dealing with your complaint.

those r just a few that u can complain about but u will get what i mean in the long run.

rite u need to complain about everything.

no cca but chasing money. harrassing phone calls despite being asked to stop.

not dealing with your complaint.

those r just a few that u can complain about but u will get what i mean in the long run.

Thanks GM. Will do.

Come to think of it the missus says I do that already lol.:p

same her the guy who thinks hes the boss says that as well

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chancellor

I've just sent my first letter today to Marbles, I discovered 2 years ago i had been paying PPI for 6 years i've now cancelled it, i was up at my limit at times £10,000 so as you can imagine my payments were really high my balance is now about £3500 but it's taken me years to get it down i've never noticed either but the interest rate is 39.9%!!!!!!!! I've been very silly with this card and probably abit trusting was 19 when i took it out. Do you think i could claim back my PPI???:confused:

Hi Chancellor

I've just sent my first letter today to Marbles, I discovered 2 years ago i had been paying PPI for 6 years i've now cancelled it, i was up at my limit at times £10,000 so as you can imagine my payments were really high my balance is now about £3500 but it's taken me years to get it down i've never noticed either but the interest rate is 39.9%!!!!!!!! I've been very silly with this card and probably abit trusting was 19 when i took it out. Do you think i could claim back my PPI???:confused:

Hi Tracey & welcome to CAGYou have been busy lol but don't go giving Marbles any ideas as I haven't paid them anything this year.Was struggling & getting grief before I discovered CAG & CCA'd them.Been pretty quiet since.I dont know anything about PPI i'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise.Have you sent your CCA request as Marbles (HFC) are notorious for dodgy paperwork?Keep us informed & if you start your own thread people will be able to follow your progress & offer advice.

theres no harm in trying. can you / they prove beyond reasonable doubt that you would have asked for the PPI