• Tweets

• Thank you for the reply, yes my intention is not to take them to court, but for them to withdraw such statement, it is signed by the headteacher, but she is currently away, and the deputy is acting on her behalf, I guess, I suspect it was him because of the an argument we had in which I told him that he lacked respect, also because we saw him approaching someone parking illegally the day before but him taking no action, so this is aimed at us.   I never mentioned the deputy explicitly, I am contacting the school directly without blaming anyone in particular.   I will contact the governor as you said, and may be the council, but they might be in it together and they have no interest to side with me. Ombudsman, this is a long way, the damage would have been done, but I might have to consider it ultimately.   There are no win no fee solicitor, do you think this is a good option ? My concerns are if it is not easy to prove my case, that would be like putting salt into the injury and rubbing it, but at the end of the day, the picture speaks for itself, and the article support my claim against them.   I am not sure from where they got the picture ( my wife is telling me it was a neighbour, two days ago ) so I am really fascinated how they can justify their claim ( us blocking the road ) without proper investigation and relying on other people account or pictures.        
    • Howler, I agree with everything dx and Manxman have said. You can do this, please don't let them win.   HB
    • Hi I have received a letter from Tesco stating they will no longer reply to me regards this matter. Even though ICO have raised concerns. Please help with where I should go now. 
    • Howler - don't get pissed off.  Look at it as a game.   If I remember correctly they threatened you with having a charge put on your wife's property - which you and your wife successfully got them to back down on and you got a written apology from the chief officer(?) of the Legal Aid service.   Now they've assessed your income and outgoings and have passed it onto debt collectors without any reference back to you and without giving you an opportunity to challenge their findings.  I'd be complaining to the Legal Aid service again that that is unfair and wrong.   I know you've recently had bad news in that you've been diagnosed with some sort of brain problem (sorry - don't know how else to put it) and your wife is not well, so all this is the last thing you want, but in the overall scheme of things, it is only money.   They say you owe them, what, about £106k?  Can you afford to pay it - NO!  What can they do about it?  Sue you - so what...  nobody dies from being sued.  Get on with your lives and you and your wife enjoy yourselves.   And remember, London1971 and dx100uk reckon you should be claiming back the money you've already paid them   Just don't get depressed or down about it.  It's simply not worth it.  Even if you lose it isn't worth worrying about and making your self (and your wife) more ill.   When (or rather IF) you get an actual court claim - come back.   (It's a bit like that old saying.  You owe the Legal Aid service £1000 - that's your problem.  You owe them £100k and can't pay it - that's their problem!)
    • Hi.   I agree with Dave on which way to go with this. I know you're new to all of it but it's worth more research to see how PPCs behave, if NCP have made any errors and so on.   HB
  • Our picks

Maejic v HSBC

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5253 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I feel it time to ask a little advice!

So far i have sent data protection request letter on the 12/5/06, it took them 3 week to reply; but then only a few days to send out my bank statements. Low and behold the cheeky beggers had only pilfered £2441.50 plus interest, totalling £2579.29 out of my account over the last 6 years and no doubt, a bit more before this time. Well needless to say i sent off my request for repayment with charges breakdown, dated 20/06/06. Well finally today, i got a reply to my request for repayment; from a Mr Colin Langdale, who i might add seems to pop up quite a lot on this forum. In between this time i gave them the standard 14 days to rply, then sent my LBA dated 4/7/06.

Anyways the response from Colin langdale was as follows....

"The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges have been imposed constitute a penalty and are therefore unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our personal banking terms and conditions. In respect of overdrafts, i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. If you authorise a payment that would, if meet by us, lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our pricelist and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with when you opened your account.

Whilst i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, i trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. If you are not satisfied with the banks response you should now refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service, as this represents our final response on this matter."

Now is this a standard letter, some sort of bluffing/time wasting technique on their part, which i should ignore and stick to my guns and fill in my moneyclaim form, or should i be worried???:confused:

Has anyone else received a similar letter? any advise would be gratefully received.

Paul

master of disaster.:lol:

i received exactly the same response, dont worry, its just a standard letter, continue with your timetable

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation