Maejic v HSBC

maejic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I feel it time to ask a little advice!

So far i have sent data protection request letter on the 12/5/06, it took them 3 week to reply; but then only a few days to send out my bank statements. Low and behold the cheeky beggers had only pilfered £2441.50 plus interest, totalling £2579.29 out of my account over the last 6 years and no doubt, a bit more before this time. Well needless to say i sent off my request for repayment with charges breakdown, dated 20/06/06. Well finally today, i got a reply to my request for repayment; from a Mr Colin Langdale, who i might add seems to pop up quite a lot on this forum. In between this time i gave them the standard 14 days to rply, then sent my LBA dated 4/7/06.

Anyways the response from Colin langdale was as follows....

"The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges have been imposed constitute a penalty and are therefore unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our personal banking terms and conditions. In respect of overdrafts, i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. If you authorise a payment that would, if meet by us, lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our pricelist and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with when you opened your account.

Whilst i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, i trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. If you are not satisfied with the banks response you should now refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service, as this represents our final response on this matter."

Now is this a standard letter, some sort of bluffing/time wasting technique on their part, which i should ignore and stick to my guns and fill in my moneyclaim form, or should i be worried???:confused:

Has anyone else received a similar letter? any advise would be gratefully received.

Paul

master of disaster.:lol:

i received exactly the same response, dont worry, its just a standard letter, continue with your timetable

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation