• Tweets

• Can I just suggest one thing   Ask them how the subframe broke and say you would like them to explain how changing a cv joint affects the sub frame   I'm not an expert but I've changed cv joints in the past and never needed to touch the subframe on a car   The axle itself might pass through the subframe but removing the cv joint usually just entails cracking the old one off with a split bar   I can't help but wonder if they've braced it against the subframe and that's why it's broken 
    • it wouldn't have gone to a (your?) local county court as you didn't reply to the claimform. northants bulk would have dealt with it as it was a default judgement.    
    • Thank you so much for the reply. I have tried to call the court (Torbay & Newton Abbot) but they are short staffed so cant answer ;-( Does the discharge mean it has been thrown out?   On the report is is just marked as the court date 10th December 2020 and under that Discharged. Thank you!
    • I need to repair the lead flashing on my side of a firewall on the roof of a Victorian terrace. It will involve hacking off the cement on my side, installing new lead and reapplying cement. Do I have to notify my neighbour under the party wall act before getting this work done? I was under the impression minor work was not notifiable. I would consider this minor work. From the party wall act:   "Some works on a party wall may be so minor that service of notice under the Act would be generally regarded as not necessary. Things like:  drilling into a party wall to fix plugs and screws for ordinary wall units or shelving  cutting into a party wall to add or replace recessed electric wiring and sockets  removing old plaster and replastering may all be too minor to require a notice under the Act."   The neighbour has got wind of what I am doing and has asked for written grantees that I will cover the cost of any impact on his side and is threatening to invoke the party wall act if I don't I don't want to write him a blank cheque as his side of the firewall is probably is as bad a condition as my side.
    • They will NOW debit   Sorry I need to relax before I type out responses. and reread them. Tried to edit the post but cannot
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3754 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I will be using against Mark White when he stated Swift do not pay commission and do not operate agencies........and furthermore in the signed statement of truth in the Disclosure CPR objected to me seeing the correspondence between THEIR AGENTS

case KJM Superbikes v Hinton [2008] EWHC 1280

KJM appealed to the Court of Appeal against the judge’s decision refusing permission to bring contempt of court proceedings against Mr Hinton. Lord Justice Moore-Bick allowed the appeal and Lady Justice Arden and Lord Justice Mummery agreed with his reasons for doing so. The primary question was whether it was in the public interest for the contempt of court proceedings to be pursued against Mr. Hinton. He stated that “a witness who knowingly makes a false statement in the course of giving evidence orally or in an affidavit does not expose himself to an action for damages at the suit of anyone injured as a result, but he does expose himself to the risk of prosecution for perjury and as such is publicly accountable for his attempt to interfere with the course of justice.” He said that giving a private person permission to pursue proceedings for contempt “allows that person to act in a public rather than a private role…….to pursue public interest”.

This case therefore serves as a timely reminder to signatories to statements of truth and those advising them to ensure that the facts stated in the document concerned are true. A failure to do so can expose the signatory to criminal proceedings for contempt of court and if convicted, the sentence can include imprisonment, a fine and/or a seizure of assets. Not only that, but the credibility of the signatory as a witness will be destroyed and the Court is unlikely to accept as true other parts of his or her evidence. Witness statements and statements of case should therefore be read thoroughly before signature and amendments made to ensure that the document is factually correct.

Edited by Sparkie1723

The public interest is ....................that Mark White has made similar untrue statements in other courts of law.......... and on his statements peoples property have been possessed......... and it must stop ........those people who have had them possessed on his statements containing falsehoods should have the full value of thei property paid back to them in compensation.

sparkie

Another Document I have got that I didn't have to use in my previous Court case Swift took against us is a screen shot taken off the Agents/Brokers computer system..........it has a box that asks on it have any other lenders been contacted.......ITS BLANK ..meaning this Agent went straight to Swift ..............and didn't shop around for a better deal for us..............another screen shot shows a box with the the word Commission Paid ....guess what ........its filled in showing Swift did pay them commission.....another document to show Mark White did not tell the truth under oath ...you can't dispute documentray evidence can you. These agents went bust in April 2008

Commission is only paid to AGENTS of the Lender.Borrowers don't pay commission direct the lender does, all this exra evidence is for the big hearing I'll request, I've got loads of it

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Excellent Sparks....!!

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi Appollo18,

I have only got to pove just one of the many false misleading statements by Mark White to the Court .......and I am convinced I will ..........he will then feel the full weight of the Court will fall on him, but what follows from that is that every case that he has given evidence in and stated the same in can be called into question...... because he goes into a pre-hearsed oral recitation in the witness box....and everyone can then use it to have their judgements overturned. ........the consequences of this I leave to everyones thoughts

I know Swift will put up a fight................ but they are up against TOO much damming evidence to show that he does not tell the truth under oath let alone in his statements of truth, I will be using one of his own CEO Mr John Webster statements to prove it.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723
This is what I will be using against Mark White when he stated Swift do not pay commission and do not operate agencies........and furthermore in the signed statement of truth in the Disclosure CPR objected to me seeing the correspondence between THEIR AGENTS

case KJM Superbikes v Hinton [2008] EWHC 1280

KJM appealed to the Court of Appeal against the judge’s decision refusing permission to bring contempt of court proceedings against Mr Hinton. Lord Justice Moore-Bick allowed the appeal and Lady Justice Arden and Lord Justice Mummery agreed with his reasons for doing so. The primary question was whether it was in the public interest for the contempt of court proceedings to be pursued against Mr. Hinton. He stated that “a witness who knowingly makes a false statement in the course of giving evidence orally or in an affidavit does not expose himself to an action for damages at the suit of anyone injured as a result, but he does expose himself to the risk of prosecution for perjury and as such is publicly accountable for his attempt to interfere with the course of justice.” He said that giving a private person permission to pursue proceedings for contempt “allows that person to act in a public rather than a private role…….to pursue public interest”.

This case therefore serves as a timely reminder to signatories to statements of truth and those advising them to ensure that the facts stated in the document concerned are true. A failure to do so can expose the signatory to criminal proceedings for contempt of court and if convicted, the sentence can include imprisonment, a fine and/or a seizure of assets. Not only that, but the credibility of the signatory as a witness will be destroyed and the Court is unlikely to accept as true other parts of his or her evidence. Witness statements and statements of case should therefore be read thoroughly before signature and amendments made to ensure that the document is factually correct.

now now sparkie no way on earth will those rats cope with you this time last time you had NOTHING not even a breakfast

yet ended up ALL DAY taking the **** out of those twits

BUT NO WAY COULD THEY LET YOU WIN AS I ALWAYS SAID HOW WOULD IT LOOK IN NEWS AT 10

MAN WALKS INTO COURT OF STREET AND WIPES OUT TOP LEGAL TEAM

AM 100% THIS TIME IT WILL BE ON MORE THAN NEWS AT 10

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Two little birds are standing in line at a bank when armed robbers burst in. While a few of the robbers take the money from the tellers, the others line the customers up against a wall and proceed to take their wallets, jewelry, and any other valuables they may have.

While this is all taking place, one wee birdy puts something into his colleague's hand. Without looking down, the second lawyers whispers, "What is that?"

"It's the £100 I owe you," replies the first wee birdy.

that not a joke matie it true just like this I

Just got from a wee birdy about one of their wee birdy friends

A co workers husband speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"

"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.

"No, you idiot!" the wee birdy shouts. "This is her husband!"

andrew1 sorry but I dont want to be your friend until Sparkie accepts my request first. no ill feelings hope you dnt feel as hurt as I do

andrew1 sorry but I dont want to be your friend until Sparkie accepts my request first. no ill feelings hope you dnt feel as hurt as I do

:oops: Shattered :oops:

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3754 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you