• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:D:D

KPMG are Swifts Auditors.................and KPMG paid Over $350 Million dollars in the States to prevent being sued for false accountng............just shows the power of money .......it can over ride all laws if the offer is good enough!!!

sparkie

;) money its no use in jail matie prob is someone will have to take the fall looks like Johnny thought he was top dog but even he was someone elses puppy, more like a HUSH puppy

he had to run behind his legal team when he couldnt answer the white answers lol prob is he has given to many wrong ones :idea:

bad job when people cant get through to the office especially when the staff and legal team find time to read our jokes:-x:D

do they not realise you have been taking the **** out of them from the word go, no one can be that stupid

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scatt :-x gud dammed pests I am having trouble

the rats are coming in from the fields, had to stop feeding the wee birdies

Edited by pkelly

Hi everyone:)

Just had a letter back from the OFT in response to my complaint about Swift's business practices and in which I happened to mention that Kestrel don't appear to have a credit license.

The OFT state the following -

'Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, most businesses that offer goods or services on credit or lend money to consumers, have to be licensed by the OFT. The OFT can refuse or revoke the firm's credit license if it engages in 'unfair or improper business practices, whether unlawful or not'. This includes second-charge mortgages and I have passed the details of your complaint to our Licensing Enforcement section for their information.'

So whilst the OFT cannot investigate my particular complaint, hopefully this will go some way towards another nail in Swift/Kestrel's coffin:D

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi everyone:)

Just had a letter back from the OFT in response to my complaint about Swift's business practices and in which I happened to mention that Kestrel don't appear to have a credit license.

The OFT state the following -

'Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, most businesses that offer goods or services on credit or lend money to consumers, have to be licensed by the OFT. The OFT can refuse or revoke the firm's credit license if it engages in 'unfair or improper business practices, whether unlawful or not'. This includes second-charge mortgages and I have passed the details of your complaint to our Licensing Enforcement section for their information.'

So whilst the OFT cannot investigate my particular complaint, hopefully this will go some way towards another nail in Swift/Kestrel's coffin:D

Regards,

Landy x

lol a few of the big knobs havent either as well I saw a fake one not to mention fake forged signatures

could not believe my eyes

The Kestrel Companies MUST have an FSA/OFT licence because they boast in their accounts of loans Books ....to have loan books you must have lent money to the domestic consumer which is their priciple business activity ...( so they say):rolleyes: but they have not got any of these ........they also process peoples personal financial account information and details with no DPA licence, they may think things are quiet and going well .........JUST wait folks it heading South.......SXXXLOADS of it.

sparkie

bird has flown folks but the one in the bushes now

crikie now stupid this big company resorting to this lol

looks like you will all get a bill for it soon lol:p

The Kestrel Companies MUST have an FSA/OFT licence because they boast in their accounts of loans Books ....to have loan books you must have lent money to the domestic consumer which is their priciple business activity ...( so they say):rolleyes: but they have not got any of these ........they also process peoples personal financial account information and details with no DPA licence, they may think things are quiet and going well .........JUST wait folks it heading South.......SXXXLOADS of it.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie:)

Still awaiting a response from the FSA Director of Enforcement and Financial Crime regarding the same issues - will be interesting to see what she has to say about our friends at Kestrel;)

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Been looking at my statement from Swift my loan also sold to Kestrel Holdings a couple of weeks after I received it.

Blackie then you hav a big argument

Their term and condition states

That they may transfer their rights to a third party or another company

IT does not say we may transfer Part or All of their rights

This means that when they transferred/sold your loan to Kestrel..............they transferred the whole lot for reason this term does not say they can pick and choose what they transfer or have transferred/sold or retained....they sold the wole of their rights..... so have NO legal right to take you to Court..............unless they can prove that they bought your particular loan back....which they will find prcticaly impossible because they are selling and transferring loans 2 to 3 times a year. It is money/accounts/borrowing manipulation for gain

sparkie

Pkelly, Have to say I love your song,lol

When is it out for release:lol::lol::lol:

yep not finished yet

looking for dwap do waddy backing singers

no problem getting people to sing from swift but they are out of tune

last hit they had was chirpy chripy cheat cheat

ahh wee bird gone again lol:confused:

Not sure how we are going to do this in the original beat or a funeral march:D:D

Some I believe are having trouble getting through to Swift lately ...........they are spending too much time on the forum ....having so much fun! that's why!!!

sparkie

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you