• Tweets

• Spoke to my SIL a short while ago Andy and he had the following to say.....     No, he had left their employment by this time, in fact he left January of this year.     August 2013 up until January 2020     Yes, in fact he had a staff MORE card.     He laughed and said "Hell Yes" This even extended to the pubs deputy manageress whom he described as the worst offender and knew that my SIL was doing it as well as other staff members.   There is a story here....   He told me that after he had left, the company fraud guys came in to do an audit with her unofficially being the main target. He has an idea that she may well have been caught with her hand in the till and so she sang like a canary to save her own arse.
    • this is what shell have just sent me in email, confirming mistakes were made it the final response / deadlock letter, they are only telling me this now, 6 months after the deadlock letter was sent to me and long after court action started   please is the actual deadlock letter binding, or can they just noll and void it like this?   Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this evening regarding your account. As agreed, I am emailing you with the details of what was discussed during our phone call so you have a copy in writing. I advised that you previously had an account with Shell Energy (formerly First Utility) for property  and this has an outstanding debit balance of £187.24. However, due to the age of the account and when the invoice was produced on this account, this balance is being cleared. This balance will be cleared within 10 working days and the account will be closed at a zero balance. In regards to account  I advised that back billing credit of £630.45 that was applied in April 2020 was applied in error and was later withdrawn. I explained that the reason it was applied in error is because the back billing period this amount was calculated for, is the same period that the back billing was previously calculated for and a credit applied to the account in February 2017, with the amount of £1192.32 being applied to the energy account. I advised that at the time the deadlock letter was written, the information within this letter was accurate based on the account at that point. After receiving the deadlock letter, you then escalated your case to the Ombudsman. It was at this point, an agent investigated your case and realised that the back billing credit of £630.45 was applied in error. This was addressed within the Ombudsman's findings in writing and they confirmed that the £630.45 was an error and it is correct in being removed, leaving the account balance at £644.48 which is valid and liable to be paid. I appreciate that you have advised the Ombudsman case is null and void as you did not accept their decision and you are right in saying that the actual final decision that they issued was non-binding upon Shell Energy. However, this does not change the outcome of their findings or the fact that the back billing credit of £630.45 was not due to the account. You queried if our call was recorded as you would need it for a judge, to which I confirmed it was recorded. If you want me to raise a SAR for a copy of this call recording, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this email and let me know and I can arrange this for you. I advised that as your case has now been escalated to Shakespeare, legal fees have now been incurred. I advised of the breakdown of these fees: Legal representative cost £70 , Court fee £60 and interest £146.06. I also confirmed that these legal fees were on top of the account debit balance, resulting in an overall balance of £920.54. As discussed, due to the case now being with Shakespeare, I am unable to offer any settlement figure internally. However, I can arrange for Shakespeare to call you directly to discuss your account and options available. You queried if they would be able offer/discuss a settlement figure/payment plan, to which I confirmed that I could not comment on this as I do not know their process, however they will be able to discuss the options in more detail with you directly. As agreed, I will arrange for Shakespeare to call you tomorrow; Friday 27th November 2020. If they are unable to get hold of you, they should be able to leave a voicemail for you. During our call, you also queried who would appear in court to represent Shell, whether it would be a member of staff directly from Shell or whether it would be a representative from Shakespeare on our behalf. I have gone away and spoken to our legal team who have confirmed that it would be Shakespeare who would lead with a representative on behalf of Shell. I hope the information in this email clarifies our position. As advised within our phone call, I am genuinely sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced and I fully appreciate the frustration this has caused. As above, if you would like to request a copy of our call recoding from today, please not hesitate to let me know and I can raise a SAR for this. You can reply directly to this email or you can call on 0330 094 9158. Our lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Please note that my working days are Wednesday to Friday each week. Yours sincerely,  
    • Amigo has posted a statutory loss before tax of £62.6m, for the six-month period ending 30 September, after reporting a profit of £42.3m for the previous half-year View the full article
    • Could you please post up your Letter of Claim as they usually take several months at least before they start going down that route , if at all.   Could you please post the postcode for the Hallsville quarter as there are two in London. Most parking companies don't bother with planning permission since it takes too long and therefore interferes with their ability to rip off motorists. But not to have that permission is illegal and it follows that the signs are there illegally too. It also breaches their Code of Conduct.    Well done for getting their signage done and if you post it up we can see if it complies with their Code of Conduct.   What we need to see is the sign at the entrance and the signs around the carpark, especially any that are different.   Its another situation that can go wrong for them and thus fail to  create a contract between PE and motorists. You still have a week or so to respond to their Claim letter if that is what it is.   I expect if it is then we will suggest a snotty answer to show that you are confident about beating them.
  • Our picks

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mezzanine financing

A hybrid of debt and equity financing that is is typically used to finance the expansion of existing companies. Mezzanine financing is basically debt capital that gives the lender the rights to convert to an ownership or equity interest in the company if the loan is not paid back in time and in full. It is generally subordinated to debt provided by senior lenders such as banks and venture capital companies.

pkellys gone to sleep so am I now ...........he's tired me out all day.

good night all....I leave you to ponder my questions

sparkie

:p nite matie working on the net thing talk tomorrow

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Mezzanine financing

A hybrid of debt and equity financing that is is typically used to finance the expansion of existing companies. Mezzanine financing is basically debt capital that gives the lender the rights to convert to an ownership or equity interest in the company if the loan is not paid back in time and in full. It is generally subordinated to debt provided by senior lenders such as banks and venture capital companies.

is this helpfull

HeinOnline=

Depending on the costs, this will determine if I can afford to be counted in. As Im a Carer on Carers allowance and Income Support, obviously my funds are very limited, but if the costs that are shared are reasonable, then I may be able to chip in...just to see these Animals go down.

i would definately like to be included in this if i can afford to

A call to all Swift Account holders for information:

Can you please tell us which bank account you pay your Swift payments into?

To protect the site we ONLY want the last 4 digits of the sort code and the last 4 digits of the account number

Which Bank:

sort code: xx 1234

Account : xxxxx1234

Please find out from your direct debit payments or your bank statements and post them here....tick tock....:D

Thanks

Lets keep this alive:

Can anyone on ANY of the forums tell us if they have ever obtained a loan or mortgage from Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd or Kestrel Loans No 3 Ltd, Please tell us

Can any of the site team please ask this question on as many of the Forums as possible .....IT IS A MATTER OF EXTREME PUBLIC IMPORTANCE as well as Swift Customers.

Their accounts say they have "Loan Books" so there must be loans out there somewhere to back this up. I wonder if sparkle can tell us on monday...Maybe???

sparkie

Having had a trawl around the site I can find no reference to anyone with a Kestrel Loans No 1 (or No 3) Ltd loan - shouldn't we be asking this question on the other sub forums of this site and indeed of other similar sites?

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Having had a trawl around the site I can find no reference to anyone with a Kestrel Loans No 1 (or No 3) Ltd loan - shouldn't we be asking this question on the other sub forums of this site and indeed of other similar sites?

Regards,

Landy x

Hi Landy,

You are right on and in as many places as we can.....Will explain the reason later its most important,

sparkie

My friends in N.Ireland ( Colleagues) as Mr Webster calls them have told me that their Barrister is applying for High Cost Legal Aid for them both due to the serious irregularities surrounding their case, this would mean it would draw National attention to it .

I could ask the Court in my case in any event to stay my proceedings until the outcome of their case as my case Defence is practically identical, they are using some of the content of my Judgement summary.

sparkie

December 19, 2008

Swift Group, the private equity backed mortgage lender, has said that it expects to have new funding lines in place early in the New Year

In one of the first positive messages to the mortgage intermediary community for some time, the lender said that it has been in close contact with its bankers in recent weeks and can see no reason why its funding will not be renewed.

John Webster, chief executive officer of Swift Group, said that a relaunch in both first and second mortgages is planned in the second quarter of 2009 when the business will be taken out of mothballs.

He added, "We spent a lot of time with our banks and they were happy to maintain their relationship with Swift when there were certain other companies that had their facilities withdrawn."

There remains significant demand from intermediaries for products to cater for clients with impaired credit records, particularly in the medium to heavier adverse bracket of the market.

Swift's majority stakeholder is private equity firm Alchemy Partners, which has invested £126.5m since May 2004 when the business was purchased as a management buyout in return for 73% of the equity

I WOULD NOT BANK ON IT JOHNNY LOL;)

Sparkie here a wee song can you put it to Johnny be Goode music

and give the money to charity RSPCB

Deep down in Arcadia House close to New Orleans

Way back up in the Brooks among the evergreens

There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood

Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode

Who never ever learned to read or count so well

That’s the reason Swift is just a going to hell

Chorus:

Go, go, go Johnny go go

go Johnny go go

go Johnny go go

go Johnny go go

Johnny B. Good

He used to carry his money in a wornout sack

But what`s he gonna do,cus he`s to give it back

Oh a Judge could see him sitting in the shade

Summing up the accounts and mistakes he made

People passing by they would hear him say

Come on Mr White get on your knees and pray

Chorus

His mother told him "someday you will end up it jail"

Cause you wont give an answer to Sparkies Mail

Many people coming from miles around

And see you playing your fiddle till the sun go down

Maybe someday your name gonna be in lights

Sayin' 'Johnny B. Goode tonight'

So whats gonna happen hes no licence to trade

Whos gonna tell his shareholders and Mr Slade

So all the birdies will all have to take flight

So the last one out, please turn out the light

Guest blackie

**7289 account no ****5818 snap, both my payments go to Barclays. I actually pay my accounts via the Barclays on payment slips. So I have copies if they are needed.

KPMG are Swifts Auditors.................and KPMG paid Over $350 Million dollars in the States to prevent being sued for false accountng............just shows the power of money .......it can over ride all laws if the offer is good enough!!!

sparkie

On the 2nd Dec 2009 I will post every little bit of information I/we have obtained about Swift Avances and the Kestrel companies and their operations and I can tell folks its a lot...............I am now having to amend my defence to include more documents ready for our Court hearing, I can tell folks it will help EVERYONE who is fighting Swift when I post it all..........sorry I can't post it now even Swift don't know the full "HIT" yet

sparkie

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you