• Tweets

• Debt advice charities are backing a regulatory crackdown by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) on “misleading” advertising by lead generators View the full article
    • I have been polite in my contacts but this is what I’ve got back . Shows what she’s like I’m afraid . I’ll just sit and wait . I’m not desperate for money just wanted to make sure they weren’t trying to con me as they have in the past .   DWP are dealing with the query. Obviously under under unprecedented pressure due to pandemic. I do not any help thank you.   To be honest I’ve had enough she’s now sent me this Nobody else is hassling me. Your solicitor can contact mine you know who it is . Please do not contact me directly again. You have no idea what problems we have here
    • Shame I can't leave 1 insult in there.. remove Wally & added as suggested:   There could be pedestrian crossings and traffic lights further down the road which may force the motorist to stop. Stray animals in the road, vehicles u-turning, emergency vehicles passing and police directions to stop, punctures, other mechanical problems, accidents etc etc:     Thanks again..  
    • I would wholeheartedly agree with the fact that involving solicitors will cost more than 1,000 pounds.    If she cannot start proceedings on her own as a LIP, then she would need to take a more passive (but, alas, long) approach. 
    • is this harwoods sols?   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. ... get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]  ....use this one <<< school fees . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swifts customer service department sure must be busy! It seems to be getting more and more difficult to get any response from them:).

Any update from the lads in Northern Ireland and the Spotlight team Sparkie?

Hi Apollo,

I agree, I have noticed that it takes ages to get through. Not sure about their customer service team but I sure would not like to work in their complaints department!!

:D

i AM thinking about restarting my claim against them... they changed interest rates frequently which added just a few pounds to arrears balance we were never informed until we came to end of agreement after 60 months they said we owed still over £1300 which was made up of arrears, interest and charges for things like letters to bank etc....we paid agreement amount every month on time for 5 years and yet we still owed them, is this something i should be fighting in court....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hi Apollo,

I agree, I have noticed that it takes ages to get through. Not sure about their customer service team but I sure would not like to work in their complaints department!!

:D

What happened to Cabot when the shock of consumer backlash hit them was that their staff become inundated with complaints and requests for information. This puts strain on their usually scant basic admin team and they have to 'rearrange' the office and jobs. They got swamped and I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't happened already at Swift, it's a major shift in operations on a daily basis and they will not have been expecting this explosion in backlash...they take their eye's off the ball, lose their cockiness and then they start making even more mistakes than they do normally. That adds to the burden of even more letters to answer, puts a strain on staff and management and they start pulling their hair out and attacking one another, especially when the complaints are identifiable with all their staff as they know they are rip-off merchants it's just nobody had ever done anything about it before - keep up the pressure and you'll see many cracks appearing :D

• Haha 1

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

I can sympathise with the ordinary 'ground floor' working man/woman at Swift ( and no disrespect intended) At the end of the day they are just trying to make a living just like any of us, and perhaps when they joined the company they had no idea of what the company were like.

It is at the higher levels, where policy decisions are made, where the greedy men live, that we all want so badly to see them get the justice they deserve.

If the huge penalties which are on the horizon do result in this company going down, I for one will feel sorry for those innocents put out of work. I just hope they have mortgages where they are not paying 10% more than they should, watching interest rates go up and up, watching their charges add up to thousands, and having their homes repossessed at the drop of a hat.

All of us are only one here for one thing: to be treated fairly not to be completely ripped off.

Perhaps the workers there should be asking some serious questions of their bosses, and looking to get some answers: if they are not satisfied with those answers and are finding it difficult to sleep at night ( I would) then get onto the job market NOW before you are forced to when Swift goes down.

Edited by Marky1701
L

I quite agree Marky, this is not about the troopers, it wasn't with Cabot - no-one wants to see people losing their jobs at any level, all we asked Cabot to do was abide by the law - That's all! they didn't and they paid the price as will Swift - there is nothing sinister about what we are doing on here, just asking for what is legally and morally right - if they want to play by different rules that's up to them, but management, you are quite right, are to blame for this for being greedy, thinking they are above the law and can bend the rules to suit themselves. Well in this day and age that doesn't wash and it just cost Cabot £18million in one year alone to find out what happens and I look forward to the next years losses too. And still I read threads on here which show they never learn or try to continue with their stupid antics - they will continue to pay as will Swift until it is rammed down their throats they won't get away with it. These are hard nuts, swilling around throwing their weight about because they have done it for years, well the bigger they are the harder they fall ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

I agree somewhat with that........but according to Swifts accounts signed by Mr Webster Swift reduced their staff by 14..............he then states that this saved the Company £1.5 million pounds this means that each of these 14 personel were being paid an average of over £2600 per week.??????;):D:confused::confused: some salary that is!!!!

ITS IN THEIR ACCOUNTS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE

Another reason for their high charges maybe????:rolleyes:....Maybe now they.are gone ....is the reasonSWift have told us that they are reducing them a little bit:?::rolleyes:

sparkie

I agree somewhat with that........but according to Swifts accounts signed by Mr Webster Swift reduced their staff by 14..............he then states that this saved the Company £1.5 million pounds this means that each of these 14 personel were being paid an average of over £2600 per week.??????;):D:confused::confused: some salary that is!!!!

ITS IN THEIR ACCOUNTS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE

Another reason for their high charges maybe????:rolleyes:....Maybe now they.are gone ....is the reasonSWift have told us that they are reducing them a little bit:?::rolleyes:

sparkie

Nah Sparkie, not all salaries - you forgot they give Luncheon Vouchers :D

Payplan CCCS Advice:

How to use the Forum

JUst despatching this off to the Chambers Mr Falkowski works from.

sparkie

clerks@4-5.co.uk

Re;Mr Damien Falkowski

Dear Sirs,

Please would you pass the following short comments on to Mr Falkowski.

I note from Mr Falkowski's legal Bill of charges, that he spent some considerable time in the "perusing and amending" Mr Whites witness statement.

This would show that he was actively involved in making and assisting Mr White in making the false statements in the Disclosure document, and Mr Whites actual statement of truth.

This places your whole chambers in an embarrasing position to say the least

I will most certainly be bringing this to the attention of the Court at the forthcoming re instatement of Swifts proceedings.

Yours sincerely

You took the ****sss out of him last time, and you had Nothing and I mean NOTHING he had to have a break to as the judge told him he had not done his homework, lol

funny bit too was when the judge said "Perhaps Mr ""Sparkie"" can enlighten you as to what the regulations are in this matter and you jumped up and straight away not only quoted the law but the requlation numbers as well lol

:-x:-x:-x:-x

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Sent this to Mr Falkowski's Clerks at the Chambers he works from

sparkie

clerks@4-5grays

Dear Sirs,

Would you kindly ask Mr Damian Falkowski if Swift Advances Plc presented him with the documentary evidence that they had a legal right to issue proceedings against us for the possession of our property in view of what I copy below.

Yours sincerely

sparkie

I had to laugh when I heard that Mr White was even telling wee porkies on his mobile before your hearing, lol :confused: he said he would not be too long :Dlol

what a joke he was near last out of the building :razz: thon big woman hear locked the wee critter in,

lol:D

Edited by pkelly

wonder was he on overtime like the court transcriber, the judge thanked her but never mentioned the lads at the back, I heard they behaved very well considering :(

my grandfather used to put his fingers up like rabbits ears and say to nan `the rabbits are out` meaning the children are listening:)

That e-mail will be passed on to Swift Legal just like my previous three .........they'll try and play "pass the parcel" again ........they won't be able to pass the Bar Councils letters on. I will be getting confirmation of receipt of my complaint soon

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you