Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worried about Sparkie and what may be happening.

If any one knows some thing would they PM me ?

No need to worry about Sparkie, he doing just fine:)

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure he is, however it would be great if any news could be shared with the 'group' ?!!

Morning all,

Knowing Sparkie as I do, he will be quick to share with us any news!

I send him and everyone my warmest wishes

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still around folks .......had some big trouble ...as well as not being too good......But want to post this

This is what the ICO Says about sales of debt and assignments.

This would meant that the entries by both the Swift companies are in breach of the Fourth Principle of the DPA.........they should be changed to the Kestrel Company that has bought your loan or had it assigned to .

Think abpout how you can all use this

This for Credit Reference Agecy records...Experian and Equifax

sparkie

When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as zero. The customer should still be told who the debt has been sold or assigned to.

A very good morning to you Sparkie,

Very sorry to hear that you have been (a) unwell and (b) had some problems, but it is extremely gratifying to see you are still in the battle!

I am sure you know my very best thoughts are with you always.

Kind regards to you and everyone

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Warmest wishes for both a speedy recovery and an end to all your troubles with Swift Sparkie..........

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Duplicate post removed!

Edited by landy_alert

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Computer playing up..........post removed!

Edited by landy_alert
Computer playing up - triplicate post removed!!!

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi Sparkie

Good to see you on the thread and thanks for the info - very useful! As you know "Swift Advances" wrote to us saying "I have reviewed the contact noted on your account and can confirm there is no mention of Kestrel contained within it" - neat wording but hardly confirmation that the account wasn't sold, simply that a sale is not mentioned! I've pointed this out to the FSA and the FOS.

:D

SJx

Hi All,

Firstly good to see Sparky back and I hope he is on the mend.

GOOD NEWS!!! Remember my previous posts regarding settlement figures and the Rule of 78? Well Swift were forced to stop using this in May and I have just got a revised figure and its dropped by nearly £4K.

I still have hardly made an impact on repaying what I owe - after 7 years I now owe about £700 less than I originally borrowed but at least its step and should be good news for anyone in a similar situation.

Just the silly interest rates to go now - OFT come on!!

m

Hi Marky et al, do you think now is a good time to settle with so much going on in the regulation area? I have a feeling its worth waiting - that's if people are in the fortunate position of contemplating settlement. I don't mean you specifically Marky - I don't know whether you're thinking of settling or just curious about how much you owe in fantasy Swiftland. :)

Hi Marky et al, do you think now is a good time to settle with so much going on in the regulation area? I have a feeling its worth waiting - that's if people are in the fortunate position of contemplating settlement. I don't mean you specifically Marky - I don't know whether you're thinking of settling or just curious about how much you owe in fantasy Swiftland. :)

Hi SJ

I honestly dont know what to do - part of me is saying remortgage and get these robbing b*stards out of my hair for good, but another part of me is saying that I have taken the hit now - I have 8 years left to pay and as we all know you pay more off the capital in the later years so I should really start to see the balance come down. Another part of me is saying hold fire - the OFT are going to make these bandits crash and burn soon. I just dont know is the honest answer.

Having read everyone's notices about Swift I had a mortgage with them which I took out in April 2006. The amount of the mortgage was for £66,576.00 plus £4,460.00 for fees and £3,150.00 for insurance premiums that were added to the loan making the loan amount £74,186.00.

I fell into arrears with the mortgage and in or around April 2009 I brought the mortgage payments up to date and the amount which I paid included all charges.

I redeemed the mortage in August 2009 and they were looking £93,550.00 of me to settle the account.

I have recently took the opportunity having read through every one's complaints about them and I have written to them enclosing a schedule of payments. According to my calucations any monies which I paid towards the mortgage was never taken off.

I have written to them and have shown them how I have arrived at the figures and according to my calucations they have overcharged me by nearly £17,000.00. I have asked that I hear from them within the next seven days. I have also stated that if my calucations are wrong in any way to let me have a break down of how they arrived at the figure to redeem the mortgage. By the way it was a repayment mortgage and not an interest mortgage only. I will let you know how I get on. If in the meantime any one has any suggestions I would like to hear them.

Hi Cas:)

Welcome to Cag!

Sorry to hear of yet another victim of that unscrupulous bunch Swift.

Apart from any other advice you may receive it would definitely be worth you sending off a Subject Access Request to Swift asking for all the information they hold on you (the data subject). There should be a suitable example in the templates library. You should amend this to include a request for the Underwriting Sheet (detailing any secret commissions that changed hands between themselves and the broker) and details of the Title Insurance premium - not that they are likely to comply with these latter two requests, but you never know!

Once you are in receipt of a full list of all the charges Swift applied to your account you can start the process of reclaiming them.

Also it is worth knowing that the PPI is defintely reclaimable - it was most likely mis-sold - as some of us Swift victims are now having success on that front. This would be reclaimed from the broker who arranged your mortgage and if they have since gone out of business don't despair as one of our number (sweetjane) has recently received a PPI refund via the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme) which pays out in such cases where a broker is no longer trading.

It would be a good idea to pop over to the PPI forum here on Cag and have a read of the 'stickies' which give masses of helpful pointers about reclaiming mis-sold PPI (and identifying whether it was indeed mis-sold of course!).

There is certainly plenty that can be done and many others who are a few steps further on who will be able to offer advice and guidance, although there will be lots of reading to do as there is a lot to take on board!

Good Luck and just shout if you need a hand with anything,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks