• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It had to change lesterlass, they are no different to the debt collection agencies who were under the impression that the consumer knows nothing. If it had not been for the likes of some of you on here, just like we in the Fan Club did with Cabot, then things would never have changed. The Fan Club turned a 9.6million profit into a 7 million loss for cabot in one year alone just by energising people to rebel and ask the company to abide by the law. Same is happening here from what I can see. It's clumsey yes, it's more often than not incorrect I'd agree, but beneath all that is the truth and every time Swift deny something it gives people the incentive to go find that truth. And so they will.

It is a belief that many people have been repossessed unjustly, litigated against unfairly and in some cases unlawfully, but that will only be put to the test in the courts because Swift, as did Cabot believe they were above the law and are complacent because never before have they been put to challenge like this by their customers. Much of what is said may be well off the mark, but it's what is not said they need to be watching out for.

It was/is my belief that too much of what was found by various account holders was put up for public digestion but which only benefitted Swift as they trawled the forum to an audience of perhaps 20 account holders. hardly a prediction of a landslide against them. If and when anyone comes out from court and have won these arguments then Swift will know the meaning of the words 'public domain'. They have 25,000 +/- account holders and they will be informed. That's when the tide will really turn.

As you say, working together and using each others strengths is the key so long as everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and keeps what is found where it belongs - in front of a judge.

• Haha 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lesterlass, I know you edited your post but what you forgot was the email notifications we would all recieve.

Dont you think its time you started thinking for yourself.

Marky I am behind you on this one 100% as I know other Caggers are.

Hi Jaws

No I did not forget email notifications........you say you have read through the whole of this thread?? If so you will have seen that I have posted useful information MYSELF not only on this thread but on others also and started other threads and not just in the Swift Advances.

You on the other hand have only ever posted in this one thread and never started one of your own.

I think you should start thinking for yourself and have a good look around the CAG site. There is alot of useful information on alot of topics.

I have not seen you post anything on here that will help people, if you have any useful information I am sure everyone would not be so hostile to you and would be grateful of any help you could give, after all that is what the CAG is here for.

LL

Is it usual to be charged for a redemption figure? Swift charge £25. I expect it must be the time it takes to calculate this request because of their lowsy accounting system .These days you push a button and a figure appears so what do they have to do to justify £25?

Determindator

Would that be one for an unfair relationship, after all who else is going to tell us what we owe them?

I've never come across any other finance company ask to be paid to tell you what to pay them????

We pay them more money for them to tell us what we have to pay them to settle , seems insane to me!! Yet another money making scheme!!

Perhaps if they gave us all proper statements of what has been paid to them that might give us a better idea?? (Did I not read somewhere all financial organisations must give you annual statements of account???)

They wouldnt be breaking the law would they, if they dont comply, would they???

Doc:smile:

Hi All,

Very well put Doc.....An unfair relationship without a doubt!

Does anyone know when the OFT will be publishing the findings of their investigation into a number of second charge lenders?????

Only they've been stating it'll be in a few months time for quite a while now!

Apollo18

Thank you Doc and Pk for your info, it amazes me what keeps cropping up to their detriment. You are right PK it is the same as all unregulated agreements, because they can. I must brush up on the Magna Carta! It is entrapment and I believe this is the right word as you are lured into an agreement by their representatives with promises of how easy it will be to repay the loan not explaining to you the extortionate interest you will pay to escape. You are therefore trapped. This is clever using brokers as Swift can exonerate themselves from the responsibility of the sale of the loan. This is not conducive to the economy as you have the money in the wrong hands. Lots of people not able to escape from an agreement. Prisoners.

Is it usual to be charged for a redemption figure? Swift charge £25. I expect it must be the time it takes to calculate this request because of their lowsy accounting system .These days you push a button and a figure appears so what do they have to do to justify £25?

If you ask for a transaction history and staff intervention history you will see it takes approximately 2 mnutes to produce a redemtion figure. In court, the Judge asked for evidence...it was given to hima nd he then asked Swift to JUSTIFY the charge in for the next hearing...there wasnt another hearing because an agreement was secured btween the 2 parties.

Your right Letter lass sometimes it harder to say nothing, but xmas will come early over in Ireland thats all I can say. once the truth comes out in the courts it will be all over for swift, believe you me the only way Swift can win is try what they have been doing all along and STOP THE TRUTH getting in front of a judge.

the truth always comes out, thats one thing we know is fact, I would rather be in the lads boots than swifts :violin:

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Your right Letter lass sometimes it harder to say nothing, but xmas will come early over in Ireland thats all I can say. once the truth comes out in the courts it will be all over for swift, believe you me the only way Swift can win is try what they have been doing all along and STOP THE TRUTH getting in front of a judge.

the truth always comes out, thats one thing we know is fact, I would rather be in the lads boots than swifts :violin:

Hi PK

Tell the lads I will have a pint of Guiness and raise my glass when its over.....Cant think of a better xmas present than to see Swift fall. The truth will come out in court this time.......THEY WONT KEEP SPARKIE SHUT UP OR BOUGHT OFF.......If I was Swift I would fly away now.....Sparkie has been amazing, I have told him if he was paid for the man hours he has put in he would be a milionare!!

"pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one" Like it PK so true

Hi FF

Its Swift that will need luck this time but it has already ran out!!

LL:whoo:

Edited by lesterlass

Hi PK

Tell the lads I will have a pint of Guiness and raise my glass when its over.....Cant think of a better xmas present than to see Swift fall. The truth will come out in court this time.......THEY WONT KEEP SPARKIE SHUT UP OR BOUGHT OFF.......If I was Swift I would fly away now.....Sparkie has been amazing, I have told him if he was paid for the man hours he has put in he would be a milionare!!

"pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one" Like it PK so true

Hi FF

Its Swift that will need luck this time but it has already ran out!!

LL:whoo:

Sorry about the double post had a message saying wait 4 seconds did that then said double post??

Edited by lesterlass
DOUBLE POST

Guest blackie

Good luck PK and send my best wishes to Sparkie, who throughout all of this has been a rock to me, without him I don't think at times I could have gone on. I still have a mortgage and secured with Swift, but just about managing to keep on top their excessive interests rates and charges, just don't want to give in. So good luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Sophiesnow

I see you floating around the Swift threads alot, been a member a while but you never post??

LL

Asked sophiesnow a question no answer and now disappeared of the thread?????? I wonder why??

LL

Edited by lesterlass
SPELLING

Folks

I hear that Swift are overdue filing their yearly accounts ...and their credit rating has allegedly been reduced to zero!!

Anyone know if this is the case?

:jaw:

Edited by Doc2527
typo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks