• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TIE,

I know what would be really helpfull to someone in my situation and many like me. As a result of the problems experienced with Swift, it's lead to my credit rating being shot. This is by trying to maintain the high interest rates hikes that I was not aware would happen for at least 12 months (have my contract to prove that now and my underwriting sheet). I had to make my repayments a priority.

I would dearly love to move onto a high street lender or any honest lender - (don't laugh caggers) how can I do that now. Could you help as a banker. Are there any banks you could recommend?

Sorry SP mistakes LOL. Don't want blasting over it:)

Edited by busterg

Taken from Swift web site........any SWIFT customers out there that SWIFT have treated this fair!!!!!!!!!!!

I WONT HOLD MY BREATH

During the lifetime of your mortgage or loan with Swift there may be changes in your circumstances with which you may need some help and guidance. At Swift we are here to help.

Making payments

There are different ways in which you can make your monthly payments. If you have a bank account the easiest way is by direct debit. Using this method you are protected under the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme. If you wish to take advantage of this method you can download a direct debit form. If you have a Swift 1st Mortgage then please Click here and if you have a Swift Advances Loan please Click here.

You can also make payments securely using this website simply by clicking the button 'Would you like to make a payment' on the right. These are just 2 options available but we know they may not meet your own personal circumstances so (Click here) for other methods of payment.

You may also wish to change your payment date to coincide with any dates you receive your salary, benefits, etc. To do so simply call us on 0845 0760878.

Mortgage and Loan statements

If you have a mortgage regulated by the Financial Services Authority or a secured loan regulated by the Consumer Credit Act you will receive an annual statement on your account upon the anniversary of when the mortgage or loan completed. You may on occasions receive such statements on a more regular frequency particularly if you have missed any payments. In order to help you understand these statements we have produced some common questions and answers (Click here). http://www.swift.co.uk/_campaigns/ctas/FAQsforStatsFinal.pdf THIS MAKES LAUGHABLE READING

Are you experiencing financial difficulties?

We understand that your personal financial circumstances may change, perhaps because of redundancy, the breakdown of a relationship or a long-term illness, and that these may affect your ability to repay your loan.

If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, we will try to help you. This explains how we will treat you fairly, and what steps you should take to help yourself.

We will:

•Contact you as soon as possible to discuss the situation.

•Talk to an agency which gives debt advice (for example, Citizens' Advice), if you want us to.

•Give you reasonable time to pay back the debt.

•Only start proceedings to repossess your home if we cannot solve the problem with you.

We might be able to:

•Arrange a new payment plan with you, taking your and our interests into account.

•Change the way you make your payments, or the date you make them.

If we cannot offer you either of these options, we will tell you why. If we can make one of these arrangements with you, we will explain how it would work and give you time to consider it. If we cannot offer any of these options, we might agree to you remaining in the property to sell the property yourself depending on your circumstances.

What you can do to help us:

•Tell us as soon as possible if you are having problems repaying your mortgage or think that you might experience problems shortly.

•Seek debt advice if you would like help with managing your finances.

•Contact us quickly, if we try to contact you.

•Make sure you keep any other people paying the mortgage, and anyone else responsible for paying the mortgage, up-to-date with what is happening.

•Keep to the payment plan we agree with you, or tell us if there is a change in your circumstances which may affect the arrangement. If you do not make the agreed payments, we might have to go to court to get back any money you owe us, or to repossess your property.

•Check whether you can get any state benefits or tax credits which could help to increase your income.

•If you have an insurance policy, check whether it would help with your payments.

•Tell us if you move to a new address.

•If you need to contact our Servicing Department the telephone number is 0845 076 0878.

If we cannot agree on a solution:

•We may send a debt counsellor to see you to discuss your financial circumstances, and the cost of the visit may be charged to your mortgage account.

•We may go to court to start proceedings to repossess your home. If proceedings take place, we strongly recommend that you attend the court and that you seek independent debt advice.

•Starting court proceedings does not necessarily mean that we will repossess your home. We will keep trying to solve the problem with you. Possession is the last resort.

•Before we repossess your home, we will give you advice about getting in touch with your local authority to see if they can find you somewhere else to live.

If we repossess your home:

•We will sell it for the best price we can reasonably obtain, within a reasonable period of time.

•We will give you reasonable time to take possessions from your home.

•We will use the money raised from selling your home to repay all monies due to ourselves. If there is a surplus this will be passed to any company that has a further loan secured against the property.

•If there is any money left over after repaying the monies due to ourselves and there are no further secured loans or charges we will pay this money to you.

If selling your home does not raise enough money to pay off the mortgage:

•If there is not enough money from the sale to pay the whole mortgage, you will still owe us the amount that is left (a shortfall debt). We will tell you what this is as soon as possible.

•If you bought your home with other borrowers, each of you is responsible for all the money borrowed. This is true even if you normally pay only part of the mortgage.

•We will contact you within six years of selling your property (five years in Scotland) to arrange for you to pay back what you still owe.

•We will take account of your income and outgoings when we arrange a payment plan for this shortfall debt with you. If we cannot arrange a suitable plan, we may go to court to get our money back. You might have to pay additional court costs.

•If a shortfall debt is not paid, it could affect whether you are able to get credit in the future.

Please go to our help and Guidance page for lists of organisations and information that we hope will help you during these difficult times.

Other Enquiries

We are here to help no matter what your enquiry so whether it be that you want to pay off a lump sum of your loan, borrow some more money or any other question please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 0748811.

Other Issues

Some companies may offer you new loans or even invite you to sell your property to them and then lease it back as a way of resolving your short term financial difficulty. Please be careful, as such actions may not be in your long term best interests. We would advise you to seek independent advice before entering into any arrangement of this type.

You may be thinking about handing in your keys to us. If you do this, you will still owe us any outstanding debt, and we would advise you to discuss this option with us before taking such action.

ANSWERS ON A POSTAGE STAMP NO MORE THAN ONE WORD (GUESS THATS A NO THEN)

LL:lol:

TIE,

I know what would be really helpfull to someone in my situation and many like me. As a result of the problems experienced with Swift, it's lead to my credit rating being shot. This is by trying to maintain the high interest rates hikes that I was not aware would happen for at least 12 months (have my contract to prove that now and my underwriting sheet). I had to make my repayments a priority.

I would dearly love to move onto a high street lender or any honest lender - (don't laugh caggers) how can I do that now. Could you help as a banker. Are there any banks you could recommend?

Sorry SP mistakes LOL. Don't want blasting over it:)

Thanks BQ for the most sensible post on this forum of late - be interesting if anyone can come back with some constructive advice as a result instead of the mostly useless babble coming out of this forum recently.

I think some on here, and its pretty obvious who who are, should hold back on posting unless they have something useful to contribute.

Some have lost sight of why we are here - to battle and beat these robbing bandits who are making life so hard for so many.

Those of you who want to get into personal battles - go find a chatroom - preferably an adult one so you can get the bad language out without it being edited - and play there.

m

• Confused 1

Well reading what Sparkie put on about the search just above they AINT ALLOWED TO DEBT COLLECT MONIES ?

Debt collecting Removed

LL

Patrickq has reinforecd my claim Neither Swift Group Legal Services nor Swift Advances plc can collect debts they MUST use outside solicitors to issue initial proceedings and instruct Counsel to act on their behalf.....FACT......and I have the proof to back that claim up.

sparkie

Sparkie,

Thats why I have been trying to get the information from the court, they used a solicitor but I dont know if he was from an outside company or in house?

The court have been worse than useless!!!!!

Still dont know when they will send me what I requested as they lost the first letter!!!!!

LL

Sparkie,

Thanks for the email........very helpful reading.

Now all I need is the info from the court!!!!!!

Keep me in the loop............

The little birds feathers must be flapping frantically now!!!!!

Brilliant work as always Sparkie

LL

Remember LL The OFT CCA licence is acceptable as evidence of absolute fact under The Criminal Justice Act I think it is section 140.

Swift Advances plc do not hold the relevant licence to Collect debt, possession proceedings are Consumer Related business

sparkie

Remember LL The OFT CCA licence is acceptable as evidence of absolute fact under The Criminal Justice Act I think it is section 140.

Swift Advances plc do not hold the relevant licence to Collect debt, possession proceedings are Consumer Related business

sparkie

Thanks Sparkie when I have all the info from the court I will let you know.

LL

Looks like my agreement is quite similar to yours sparkie. Mine reads:

"THE LENDER MAY ASSIGN ITS RIGHTS AND TRANSFER ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BUT THE BORROWER MAY NOT"

"IF THE LENDER DOES NOT ENFORCE ANY OR ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME THAT WILL NOT PREVENT THE LENDER FROM DOING SO AFTER THAT"

Looks the small print should have been read with a NASA's magnifying glass.

Looks like my agreement is quite similar to yours sparkie. Mine reads:

"THE LENDER MAY ASSIGN ITS RIGHTS AND TRANSFER ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BUT THE BORROWER MAY NOT"

"IF THE LENDER DOES NOT ENFORCE ANY OR ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME THAT WILL NOT PREVENT THE LENDER FROM DOING SO AFTER THAT"

Looks the small print should have been read with a NASA's magnifying glass.

What you have to find out Frettful if they have assigned or transferred your agreement, Swift Advances plc have confirmed they have.

sparkie

What you have to find out Frettful if they have assigned or transferred your agreement, Swift Advances plc have confirmed they have.

sparkie

I don't think that they will ever let me know that information sparkie, I could try asking. Do you think I should?

Won't be on the thread for a couple of days just had a phone call fom N.Ireland ...got to catch a night flight to Belfast for a meeting with the Authorities over there to morrow morning ....be back soon

sparkie

Thanks sparkie will do and good luck for tomorrow and hope you have a get the answers your looking for and see you when you get back,

Take care

Thanks sparkie will do and good luck for tomorrow and hope you have a get the answers your looking for and see you when you get back,

Take care

your a real high flier matie lol I heard you were in Dublin last time and saw a big match, perhaps you can make this weekends game as well, and better still kill two birds with the 1 stone and meet up with TIE

hope he realises its euros there now, they dont work with punts anymore

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

sparkie

Sparkie

Before you fly the coup, Just wanted to clear up the CCA point you've raised here. YesSwift Advances can't collect money but that is in relation to Swift 1st Ltd customers. They can of course collect their own. I think people should make sure they get that clarified with the OFT themselves. The possession proceedings issue is still to be clarified so I wouldn't like to say either way until such time as it is.

I don't want anymore jibes about missinformation and such coming your way. I can only think of making sure everyone gets this qualified for themselves. It's no hardship. If it's that important then its soemthing you make sure you do for yourself. I know alot of us on cag do that anyway.

• Confused 1

Abusive post removed plus a response quoting the abuse.

I'm temporarily closing this thread pending review and more posts are likely to be removed if against site rules.

No conspiracy theories please. No-one has got at me or at CAG.

It will be re-opened asap.

People needing individual help and support please use your own threads, and report any inappropriate posts for the site team to deal with.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thread re-opened.

A number of posts have been removed due to either abusive content or housekeeping purposes. Some may be potentially libellous so I need admin to check them to make sure that the site is not put at risk.

Please keep the thread on topic and within site rules.

Please note that the site rules apply to PMs.

If passing information by PM or email, for your own protection you should remove personal details that may identify you.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks