• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or did your banking exams not require you to actually count to nine in greek?

G

Okay nine for greek and I will spell it phonetically is en-a-ah. You want 1 to 8 and ten as well? LOL:)) I could teach you 1 to 10 in Japenses as well if you want.

Okay nine for greek and I will spell it phonetically is en-a-ah. You want 1 to 8 and ten as well? LOL:)) I could teach you 1 to 10 in Japenses as well if you want.

Thank you kindly BG I do need educating in the event that one day I may learn enough to become a banker.

G

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

There I was starting to believe and be drawn in to TIE.................he seemed to have me taken in.....then what happens.......he starts "slagging" Sparkie off again!!!!!!! Why surely he's...a banker !!!!! why should I have believed him....after all we should remember.....TCF..... Treating Caggers Fairly!!!!!

Jaws seems to see what is going on though ...they seem to see the light!!!.....every ioda......or is that IOTA???? perhaps my greek isn't as good as it used to be???????

Doc (as in Doctor)

TIE...please PM me I'd love to know which "Bank" you work for ....I'm just very surprised at the way you come across as a banker.....I'm intrigued.....or perhaps I'm just "gullible"!!!!!

Stick to the facts, not the personalities, that way we get to the issues, not the differences of personalities. We all come from different backgrounds, professionally and otherwise, many of us had to learn from scratch, others may have the benefit of a job which has given a different and better insight. Collectively, we can come up with questions and answers. Acknowledge people's differences and beg to differ, just try not get personal, it achieves nothing and everyone is trying for the same result - the truth, the action we can take, the resolutions.

'Synergy' - the power of many added together to become a bigger force as one.

A1

Guest takeiteasy

That is the common sense way to approach this, focus on some misspelled words and nothing else. I agree, it did stand out amongst all of the grammatically correct sentences and the analytical and reflective writing spread out across this board.

TIE You keeping schooling me into getting my facts right when you say things as this

"Also, it did not take the FSA 3 years to get GMAC and that was for TCF issues not the things you're on about."

I did not say the FSA because it was not the FSA I actually said the aithorities...it was actually the OFT and it was about extortionate penalty fees and charges...it was a short time after this big fine and the forcing of the pay back of over £7million in charges and fees that Swift Advances plc reduced some of their charges.

On another subject could JAWS 2010 be J ohn A lfred W ebster S wift.......no can't be I'm delusional again:rolleyes:

It's just a coincidence more than likely anyway its a good laugh ...to me anyway but I've got a scouse sense of humour

John Alfred

Guest takeiteasy
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

There I was starting to believe and be drawn in to TIE.................he seemed to have me taken in.....then what happens.......he starts "slagging" Sparkie off again!!!!!!! Why surely he's...a banker !!!!! why should I have believed him....after all we should remember.....TCF..... Treating Caggers Fairly!!!!!

Jaws seems to see what is going on though ...they seem to see the light!!!.....every ioda......or is that IOTA???? perhaps my greek isn't as good as it used to be???????

Doc (as in Doctor)

TIE...please PM me I'd love to know which "Bank" you work for ....I'm just very surprised at the way you come across as a banker.....I'm intrigued.....or perhaps I'm just "gullible"!!!!!

I will check my "banker" hand book to see how I should come across in a CAGER forum. But I will tell you now that there are some big meetings taking place in the the super special society of bankers in Dublin this week, and trust me, these guys don't mess around. There will be some big news coming out of there any day now. I have it from a reliable source. Dont be surprised if my spelling improves and I start using obscure bird references and underlining words and adjusting fonts to get my point across. Just you wait and see...I can say no more.

I will check my "banker" hand book to see how I should come across in a CAGER forum. But I will tell you now that there are some big meetings taking place in the the super special society of bankers in Dublin this week, and trust me, these guys don't mess around. There will be some big news coming out of there any day now. I have it from a reliable source. Dont be surprised if my spelling improves and I start using obscure bird references and underlining words and adjusting fonts to get my point across. Just you wait and see...I can say no more.

Oh Blooming hell this is getting scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest takeiteasy
TIE You keeping schooling me into getting my facts right when you say things as this

"Also, it did not take the FSA 3 years to get GMAC and that was for TCF issues not the things you're on about."

I did not say the FSA because it was not the FSA I actually said the aithorities...it was actually the OFT and it was about extortionate penalty fees and charges...it was a short time after this big fine and the forcing of the pay back of over £7million in charges and fees that Swift Advances plc reduced some of their charges.

On another subject could JAWS 2010 be J ohn A lfred W ebster S wift.......no can't be I'm delusional again:rolleyes:

It's just a coincidence more than likely anyway its a good laugh ...to me anyway but I've got a scouse sense of humour

John Alfred

This looks a lot tlike the FSA to me Sparkie? And I stand by my belief that this is where you and the rest of the CAGERS have your best opportunity to be whole or partially whole. Whether through the FSA, OFT or another regulator.

FSA/PN/147/2009

29 October 2009

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has today announced it has fined GMAC‑RFC Limited (GMAC-RFC) £2.8million for failing to treat customers fairly and secured redress of up to £7.7million (plus interest) for over 46,000 mortgage customers.

Between 31 October 2004 and 30 November 2008, a number of serious failings by GMAC-RFC were identified in relation to its dealings with customers experiencing arrears and repossessions. These include:

1. excessive and unfair charges for customers that did not reflect administration costs;
  2. proposing repayment plans that did not always consider a customer’s individual circumstances;
  3. inadequate training of mortgage servicing staff in handling of arrears and repossessions; and
  4. issuing repossession proceedings before fully considering all the alternatives.

The case sets a precedent, with the FSA concluding this investigation in a matter of weeks, and the firm working with the FSA to agree a process to enable customers to receive redress as quickly as possible.

As a result of early settlement, the firm qualified for a 30% discount under the FSA’s settlement discount scheme. Without the discount the fine would have been £4million.

Margaret Cole, director of Enforcement and Financial Crime, said:

“This case shows credible deterrence in action. It is an excellent example of what the FSA’s more intrusive approach can achieve for consumers, and it reflects what we said in our Mortgage Market Review last week about unfair mortgage arrears charges. Mortgage lenders and third party administrators should read this final notice and the Mortgage Market Review and take action in the interests of their customers.”

Just a quick question does the

Pre contract information: Disclosure of information by the creditor or lender

apply to unregulated agreements too?

hi

Sorry to but in just stumbled across this , no one seem to have answered yet so.

No the Pre contractural oblligations that are required by a regulated agreement si1481 do not apply to unregulated ones

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

hi

Sorry to but in just stumbled across this , no one seem to have answered yet so.

No the Pre contractural oblligations that are required by a regulated agreement si1481 do not apply to unregulated ones

Peter

Thanks peter,

Well that is one mystery solved for me [where the smileys gone on this site?]

hi

Peter

I thank you too Peter:)

Just my delusional thoughts again... but a laugh and a joke anyway........JAWS ...John Alfred Webster.SWIFT....no can't be!!?? That' just a coincidence most probably.

sparkie

:D:D:D:idea:

:cool::cool::razz:

You worked it out, Smart guy!!!!:oops::oops:

Guest takeiteasy

Gallahad - Once again fantastic logic. I misspelled a word, you signed up for a mortgage with Swift presumably without getting legal advice before you signed? That seems a far worse infraction. If proper spelling is what you seek you should find another board beacuse this one is riddled with typos and misspelled words. Doctors, bankers and even CAGERS do it all the time. The truth of the matter is most people don't care one ioda.

I still await answer or a view as to how a company ...any company can state it lends money to the domestic market and state that .......it is regulated by certain Acts and Authorities hold these loans on their books....class them as asetts when it is clear and proven that these statements are completely and irrevocably false....no-one as yet has answered me. So I await.

By the way JAWS2010.....does the word "GROUP" hold any meaning to you ...if it doesn't it certainly will VERY shortly...it will come as a little bit of shock to you I think?

sparkie

Gallahad - Once again fantastic logic. I misspelled a word, you signed up for a mortgage with Swift presumably without getting legal advice before you signed? That seems a far worse infraction. If proper spelling is what you seek you should find another board beacuse this one is riddled with typos and misspelled words. Doctors, bankers and even CAGERS do it all the time. The truth of the matter is most people don't care one ioda.

How many people sought legal advice before signing their loan/mortgage agreements? The majority of people place their trust and believe that this ground work which covers the legal side to of agreements will/would/should be covered by the brokers appointed to carry out this work.

It has only been a short while since the skeletons in the closet have started to come out and the consumer/borrower has found that what their trust has been not only fiddled about with by the broker and lender but also that they are up against many challenges to prove what they believe is right.

If we can get back to the subject of this thread and forget about the occasional spelling mistakes made then that will be great!

TIE, a question for you please if you don't mind?

Q. What help is available for people who have an unregulated secured loan and they are not happy with the terms and conditions that they signed?

I believe that my agreement contains many flaws and would like to know what to do about this please. I look forward to your response.

Guest takeiteasy
I still await answer or a view as to how a company ...any company can state it lends money to the domestic market and state that .......it is regulated by certain Acts and Authorities hold these loans on their books....class them as asetts when it is clear and proven that these statements are completely and irrevocably false....no-one as yet has answered me. So I await.

By the way JAWS2010.....does the word "GROUP" hold any meaning to you ...if it doesn't it certainly will VERY shortly...it will come as a little bit of shock to you I think?

sparkie

How was it proven? If your claim has proven to be true, what's wrong with it? Who other than you, says it's wrong or illegal? What exactly are you saying is wrong or illegal? That may help to understand what you think they have dome wrong in this instance. Your question cannot be answered in the context you have written it. You need to provide more information because without it the question doesnt make sense. You state what they did - which is not illegal then say how can they do it when it's irrevocably false. Again, what are you claiming and what expert agrees with you?

I see that there are certain individuals on the thread who are questioning Sparkies integrity.....Sparkie was involved in exposing the RBS [problem] below.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5299156.ece

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks