• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest takeiteasy

Andrew - again I agree. I however know that Sparkies claims are false because I am a banker. If that energy was focused on TCF and nothng else I belive you would all be much happier. I will help you in whatever way I can. All you or anyone has to do is ask the question (see previous posts). Right now the best I can do is refute Sparkie. Just look at Pkelly responses to see what a negative Sparkie opinion generates. There is no way a guy like that adds a single positive thing to your collective cause. In fact, he does the opposite.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrew - because I dont post on other threads I'm not credible? Thanks for proving my point. Any anti Sparkie view draws the groups wrath and that person must be a Swift employee. It seems I have been promoted from compliance officer at Swift to the CEO.

now who would have ever suggested you were a compliance officer? and then morphed you into a ceo :grin:

2 and 2 make a lot more with swift ehhh

:cool:

2 seems to be a big thing at swift reminds me of a story in the good book about the ark

I suppose Noak had at least a couple of data books 2 at least I am sure.

In order to keep account of the birds :cool:

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

TIE, you have said anyone can ask a question ...I have two to ask ...they are sensible constructive questions

1...Can you tell us how we can obtain the Mortgage Sale Agreement from Swift Advances plc and;

2...How can we obtain the Mortgage Administration Agreement from SWift Advances plc.

Normal requests made are ignored dismissed and questions about them avoided by Swift Advances plc

Thank you

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723
spelling mistakes

OHHHHHHHH pkelly,

You have caused TIE to leave before he has answered my questions

Wonder if it was because I asked you about your Swift "Group" holiday??;)

I don't know about a swift birdie .but you wind people up like a cuckoo clock

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

TIE

Please look at my post 3562 and read through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then come back and post

Hopefully with something!!!!!!!

If you are an expert as you claim you are......

PROOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkie is wrong?

You have so much knowledge????

SO PROVE IT

You say you want to help?????????

YOU HAVE NOT POSTED ONE POSITIVE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LL

ps: BRING IT ON

yep he pm ed me said he had to pack his bags he was off on a touring holiday not sure if its a campervan or a caravan he said he was off in:eek:

Sorry for the banter folks but we have to unwind sometimes .....there is no-one who knows how serious the issues are than me and pkelly.......but you have have some light heartedness sometime or you are lost.

I would still like the answers to my two questions being TIE said he was a banker.

sparkie

OHHHHHHHH pkelly,

You have caused TIE to leave before he has answered my questions

Wonder if it was because I asked you about your Swift "Group" holiday??;)

I don't know about a swift birdie .but you wind people up like a cuckoo clock

sparkie

its a penguin sparkie I`ll narrow it down to one of 2 a king penguin or an emperor Penguins ~ Types

just home from a holiday sparkie in Brazil went on down a bit on a special trip and took some beautiful pics nothing but these wee birds and not a swift in site

its a penguin sparkie I`ll narrow it down to one of 2 a king penguin or an emperor Penguins ~ Types

just home from a holiday sparkie in Brazil went on down a bit on a special trip and took some beautiful pics nothing but these wee birds and not a swift in site

Just to let folks know that the King and Emperor pkelly refers to are the two computer accounting and data systems that Swift Advances plc use for each and every account they hold.................that is I can assure you is 1000% accurate information.....ie a "sign" of double accounting.

sparkie

Just one final post before I go off to bed

The two questions I asked TIE on post 3585 are VERY important to all of us..........but getting hold of them is Extremely difficult nearly impossible ...but if they could be obtained they would answer lots of questions ....but no go so far ...but we will get there.

Sparkie

Hi everyone,

After all the commotion on the thread last night, I would like to point out …..especially to Andrew 1 and fretfull…About the OFT and regulated and unregulated agreements

fretfull said that an approach was made to Mr Blocksidge and she received a letter from him that said the OFT cannot and do not intervene in any single specific case.

That is correct and I received the same reply when I made my complaint in 2007………what Mr Blocksidge did not say …is that the OFT can and do intervene in cases where a complaint is made by a group of consumers, and a “Group” is widely considered to be more than 2 persons.

For everyone to be clear……… the OFT does involve itself in unregulated credit agreements….but the only regulations that are available for them to use are ...the UTCCC regs, the CPR,s ( Consumer Protection Regulations) and the Enterprise Act 2002.

The only credit agreements the OFT cannot intervene in are First charge mortgages, exempt agreements and High Net worth agreements.

I hope this helps folks understand a bit more about this

sparkie.

Hi everyone,

After all the commotion on the thread last night, I would like to point out …..especially to Andrew 1 and fretfull…About the OFT and regulated and unregulated agreements

fretfull said that an approach was made to Mr Blocksidge and she received a letter from him that said the OFT cannot and do not intervene in any single specific case.

That is correct and I received the same reply when I made my complaint in 2007………what Mr Blocksidge did not say …is that the OFT can and do intervene in cases where a complaint is made by a group of consumers, and a “Group” is widely considered to be more than 2 persons.

For everyone to be clear……… the OFT does involve itself in unregulated credit agreements….but the only regulations that are available for them to use are ...the UTCCC regs, the CPR,s ( Consumer Protection Regulations) and the Enterprise Act 2002.

The only credit agreements the OFT cannot intervene in are First charge mortgages, exempt agreements and High Net worth agreements.

I hope this helps folks understand a bit more about this

sparkie.

Thank you for pointing this out Sparkie

Guest takeiteasy

The answer to your questions are easy Sparkie - you are not entitled to see them. They are contracts that are between the parties involved and are not public records. It's no different than asking to see the CEO's employment contract. It's confidential and privileged information. If you successfully sue to get them released in a court of law it's a different story. I can also tell you that having those agreements would not help you one ioda. Finally, there is nothing wrong with a company using two or more accounting programs. Most companies will have multiple programs in place. The accounts are signed off and lodged with Companies House. Again for your claims to be true it would require a conspiracy of epic proportions.

The answer to your questions are easy Sparkie - you are not entitled to see them. They are contracts that are between the parties involved and are not public records. It's no different than asking to see the CEO's employment contract. It's confidential and privileged information. If you successfully sue to get them released in a court of law it's a different story. I can also tell you that having those agreements would not help you one ioda. Finally, there is nothing wrong with a company using two or more accounting programs. Most companies will have multiple programs in place. The accounts are signed off and lodged with Companies House. Again for your claims to be true it would require a conspiracy of epic proportions.

Thank you for that information takeiteasy....my argument against this because I am a very transparent person ....if I had nothing to hide .......I would let anyone see what they asked for....if you thought I had drugs in my house you would be very welcome to search for them.............because I have nothing to hide..........if any one wanted to know how money I had ..ask me and I would tell them ...not that I have any Swift take it .......if someone asked me if I had been I prison and I had ......I would tell them.........it is only people who have things to hide ....hide them......but then I was brought up in a different era than you ...I lived on " Jam Butties" for most of the week.

Why are such documents not available as these would show exactly what Swift Advances plc actually do/did with the loans they sold/transferred/assigned......why keep it secret ....when and how they move these loans about......you may have heard that the FSA are taking action to stop securitisation ( which Swift DENY they do not do) so what do they do on these movements of deals and borrowings...these are the questions I ask........ if the answers were given I would more than likely be sitting with my feet up watching the Tele like most all other 73 year olds with my slippers on and my glass of milk.

But thank you for saying we are not entitled to see them ........that is the exact phrase Mr John Webster CEO of Swift Advances plc used when I requested a copy of the Title Indemnity Insurance....you must have learnt your banking skills in answering from the same LehmanBros he did.

sparkie

Again a question Takeiteasy you mention Company accounts lodged with companies house....can you explain why some of the accounts of the Kestrel Holdings Ltd (Group) lodged at companies house are unsigned? Is there also nothing wrong with that?

sparkie

As Blemain claim that they operate similar to swift.....this is the response I received when I requested a copy of the Title Insurance from them.

One would have thought that it is a reasonable request seeing as the borrower is not only paying for this insurance solely for the benefit of the LENDER and NOT the Borrower, and the Borrower has this title insurance lumped on to the total loan and is to pay interest on top of this for the next 20 or years.

If this is not an unfair term then I don't know what is.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/sophiak_bucket/BFResponse4.jpg

Guest takeiteasy

I dont know about that Sparkie it's just the simple answer that would be used, why would they give you something that they dont have to? The agreements with third parties just aren't offered up for public consumption. They may chose not to share them with you because it specifically says they cant in the agreement and they would be in breach. You know by now that common sense doesn't apply. Yes, you and I would divulge everything to prove our point, they wont because they dont have to. Also from what I gather they do not securitise. If they did it would be in the public domain. You can easily check that.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks