• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I worked in the UK for 10 years, not I've been working in the UK for 10 years. There is a difference. Perhaps you can ask one of your super duper special secret agent guys to explain the slight difference to you. Drink a warm glass of milk and go to bed, you are becoming loopier and loopier by the hour.

So you admit that you are 10 years out of date?? Sorry folks had to say that.

I'm off for my warm glass of milk now.:D Big day tomorrow " UP THE IRISH" Come on the lads in green!!!

sparkie

Guest takeiteasy

Make that 2 glasses of milk Sparkie and maybe some new glasses. I'll try again (please read at a slow pace, I've placed additional spaces to help you out), I worked in the UK for 10 years not I worked in the UK 10 years ago. Use the special red phone next to your bed and call the Grand Poobah - he will help you, I'm sure of it

busterg - so you believe that nothing I have posted is true?

The truth can be twisted to anyone's advantage. I know my situation and my truth! Nice try .....just like many others on here.

Niite Nite Svengali - c u 2morrow, all the best the greens!!

so tie you say that swift will only be beat on their over charging etc

why do you seem to think they have never committed any crime

or even lied in court

mark white the wee runt with his goggle eyes, tattered suit and big swift case, have lied under oath,

its all down in black and White so to speak

its just a matter of time until a joint case will be brought against swift, and they know that

and better still you know that

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Make that 2 glasses of milk Sparkie and maybe some new glasses. I'll try again (please read at a slow pace, I've placed additional spaces to help you out), I worked in the UK for 10 years not I worked in the UK 10 years ago. Use the special red phone next to your bed and call the Grand Poobah - he will help you, I'm sure of it

oh yeah very funny - i could ****. how's about 999 or 0151 473 0303. They might be able to help you? coz we can't!

busterg - so you believe that nothing I have posted is true?

can you say without doubt that Swift have never lied in court or had to settle out of court or GAG anyone from spilling the beans:D:D:D

Apollo - when Swift raised your rate did they quote both BBR and LIBOR? Unfortunately you are most likely right in what you are saying and it is a disgrace that they have done this. When they are brought to justice, and they will, it will be for things like this just like Kensington and GMAC were nailed for similar injustices.

TIE - Only BBR.....No mention of LIBOR.

However, from what others have said on here, if you phone them up they always go on about their rates being dependent on LIBOR. :confused:???

come on tie no one would in their right mind waste their time sitting on this all night, having just come from Canada, unless they were involved or had something to lose

get a life man

come on tie no one would in their right mind waste their time sitting on this all night, having just come from Canada, unless they were involved or had something to lose

get a life man

Hopefully in Bellmarsh.:grin::grin:

this reminds me of the cb craze thats where I met my hubby, hes long gone now tie any chance of us meeting up. I would love you to show me your rockies;)

this reminds me of the cb craze thats where I met my hubby, hes long gone now tie any chance of us meeting up. I would love you to show me your rockies;)

That's one mountain road you don't want t go down.:D

Hi Take it easy

I'm rather disappointed that you haven't afforded, to some of us answers to the questions that Smarterchick had posed earlier today.

I was looking forward to your replies.

All I've read this evening is a "tit for tat" "cat calling" "mud slinging" tirade.

I had hoped for better things.

Alas it would appear that it is not to be.:?

Doc

Guest takeiteasy

pk = how do you know he lied/

?

ho do you know he lied? Is he in jail now . what he didnt say is what sparekie said he was going to say theu he's a liar. classic case on Sparkie. All problems are gone tomorrow right sparkie. I wonder what you tell thennn when tomorrow is not the day. A bad judge for sure

I listen to everyones advice and consider it sometimes I accept it and sometimes I don't...........I ask you ...I have been a member of CAG since November 2006 I can say I have differences with a few members ( there are over 250000 of them ) but I have not really upset any memeber in the way I seem to have got under your skin in how long 3 weeks is it.

You do not seem to have a sense of humor that is unfortunate, as sense of humor in life is a very important part of anyones life.

For example EVERYONE knows the reference to "super duper special secret agent guys" is and taken by all as a joke ....J.O.K.E. sadly you do not see the funny side.

I take all your remarks as a joke.....I do need new glasses this requirement befalls a vast majority of people of my age ( of which I am not ashamed of)...nothing anyone can do about that I hope it does not happen to others as it is expensive but unavoidable.......Milk I have allways drank it as I like it, no problem here also.....and strangely enough I support Liverpool and do have a red phone by the side of my bed. can't argue with that fact either.

sparkie

Guest takeiteasy

Sparkie I have a grreat sense of humour and it gets me through every day. I'm not as old as you but need glasses and I hate milk

Takeiteasy-here's the post from Smarterchick

Thanks TIE, that begins to explain a few things, but not being a party to it all this leaves us at a disadvantage and your insight from where ever it comes is much appreciated dispite what others say. You can understand how the speculation accrues though can't you? (Bit like Swifts inte rest rates :rolleyes: )

.. Can you explain for me how properties can be shown as being 'sold' by Swift Advances plc and Swift 1st Ltd in their accounts (for example, but it could relate to any company) to what you describe as an spv in the shape of Kestrel Loans No1 Ltd.

Kestrel Loans no.1 Ltd show in their accounts that they have acquired ALL Loans and mortgages from these 2 companies - so how have they 'acquired' them in your opinion?

Whether this is the same group of companies or not I don't think in my limited knowledge makes any diference - the Ltd liability makes them independant legally. If the properties were transfered in trust then no funds would have exchanged hands so why would a consideration have been applied? - all very confusing.

It can't be securitisation can it as their ceo states categorically they do not do this - spv's are for securitisation are they not? Is it an equitable Assignment or a straight sale? If they don't securitise what exactly would you suggest they are doing which opposes previous posters ideas of alleged fraudulent activity or a giant cock-up ?

A sale is either Equitable or Legal and on what basis would the banks to whom they apply for funding under the spv (or whatever) lend? - on the equitable rights when Kestrel do not hold the title or would it be on the security of the title which should then be in the name then of Kestrel rather than Swift Advances plc?

Of course, all this talk of conspiracy derives from the fact that you have all the same 3 directors over the whole operation from Kestrel Holdings all the way down through to Kestrel Loans No2 Ltd - now defunct as previously correctly stated by you. What are your thoughts on that if you don't mind?

It all gets a little confusing and I would appreciate your learned skills and knowledge at explaining this so I might understand this a little better...thanks (how did your match go?)

SC

You are not as clever as you may think you are TIE. Constructive criticism is fine but having personal digs at sparkie is a bit below the belt.

Anyway what business is of yours if anyone winds or loses, I mean its not like you have been helping any cagger in their problems, or maybe you have and I can't seem to find your posts :rolleyes:.

Good luck sparkie, there are many of us rooting for you. Remember a few rotten apples don't make the whole tree rotten. Just look at these negative comments from certain members as rotten apples and chuck them away.

You have been through a lot and at your age you are an inspiration to all of us. Now you go get them, we are all waiting for good news mate.

regards

frett:D

just got a link regarding take iteasyfolks and the rest of those buzzards :D

Hi PK

Can you post or send the link please?

By the way, If any of you do know who TIE is or represents, just post it - at least give him a chance to defend, and we here will know who we are dealing with.

Fingers and toes crossed for those in court today - catch us a buzzard!!

m

Guest takeiteasy

Thanks TIE, that begins to explain a few things, but not being a party to it all this leaves us at a disadvantage and your insight from where ever it comes is much appreciated dispite what others say. You can understand how the speculation accrues though can't you? (Bit like Swifts inte rest rates )

Sorry I didn’t get back to you yesterday. I can see how your plight and that of the others has been snowballing and how difficult a position you are in. And as I said before if I can shed any light on anything I will. I have no hidden agenda, do not work for Swift and never have.

.. Can you explain for me how properties can be shown as being 'sold' by Swift Advances plc and Swift 1st Ltd in their accounts (for example, but it could relate to any company) to what you describe as an spv in the shape of Kestrel Loans No1 Ltd.

Kestrel Loans no.1 Ltd show in their accounts that they have acquired ALL Loans and mortgages from these 2 companies - so how have they 'acquired' them in your opinion?

What is probably happening here is that when Swift fund a loan they do it on their balance sheet then either immediately transfer/sell the loan to one of the Kestrel vehicles. The Kestrel companies are probably the SPV’s (SPV’s are not unique to securitisers). If the loan is transferred immediately it’s referred to as “table funded” so Swift proper only holds the asset for a nano second. Alternatively, they can do a transfer to Kestrel at month end or quarterly or when the reach a certain trigger point such as £50 million. There are many reasons a company would use this structure. This is common and in some cases used to separate the various companies.

Whether this is the same group of companies or not I don't think in my limited knowledge makes any diference - the Ltd liability makes them independant legally. If the properties were transfered in trust then no funds would have exchanged hands so why would a consideration have been applied? - all very confusing.

You’re right; no money would have changed hands (apart from possibly a small admin fee). It’s simply transferring the debt (your mortgage) to another company. Another reason this may be done is the type of asset. For example Kestrel 1 may be first mortgages and Kestrel 2 second mortgages.

It can't be securitisation can it as their ceo states categorically they do not do this - spv's are for securitisation are they not? Is it an equitable Assignment or a straight sale? If they don't securitise what exactly would you suggest they are doing which opposes previous posters ideas of alleged fraudulent activity or a giant cock-up ?

I don’t think in this regard they are fraudulent because it is common to do this. I think one of the reasons many posters have been so vocal that something isn’t kosher is that it is hard to follow and doesn’t seem to make sense. You assume you borrow money from Swift and you pay it back to Swift. Technically that is what happens but your debt may be assigned many times without your knowledge. This is common and there may even be something in your loan documentation that says this. Another area that has led to much confusion is Kestrel. If I didn’t know I would also want to know who they were.

A sale is either Equitable or Legal and on what basis would the banks to whom they apply for funding under the spv (or whatever) lend? - on the equitable rights when Kestrel do not hold the title or would it be on the security of the title which should then be in the name then of Kestrel rather than Swift Advances plc?

There are a few ways they could do this. In most structures Kestrel would have the legal charge and the bank would have a sub legal charge over all loans within their funding line. What this means is that if Swift/Kestrel went bust the bank would take back ownership of the loans and instead of you paying Swift you would pay the bank directly or their servicing arm. The bank could also take the loans back if a certain percentage of the loans went into arrears. It’s hard to say which structure they employed. You mentioned the name of the title being Kestrel and not Swift – have you seen a copy of your charge? If it was done this way it would show both names.

Of course, all this talk of conspiracy derives from the fact that you have all the same 3 directors over the whole operation from Kestrel Holdings all the way down through to Kestrel Loans No2 Ltd - now defunct as previously correctly stated by you. What are your thoughts on that if you don't mind?

It seems strange but is also a common practice. Some directors of Swift will also be directors of the Kestrel companies. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with that as it’s common for people to be directors of multiple companies especially when they are under the same umbrella.

It all gets a little confusing and I would appreciate your learned skills and knowledge at explaining this so I might understand this a little better...thanks (how did your match go?)

SC

Brown calls for all unsecured lending to fall under FSA

12 April 2010 |

Prime Minister Gordon Brown outlined plans in his manifesto today to make all unsecured credit regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

He says over the lifetime of the next parliament, as more affordable lending becomes available, it will clamp down on the interest rates and other fees charged by instant loan companies and payday or doorstep lenders, tackling the very high cost lending that hits low-income communities hardest.

He says: “We will introduce a single regulator for consumer finance to restore confidence and trust with responsibility for the supervision of all unsecured lending being passed to the Financial Services Authority.

“And new rules governing how financial products are sold will be introduced with a crackdown on unfair terms in contracts.”

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks