• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apparently they charge £50 per arrears notice as you can see from this thread-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/3462-kensington-mortgages.html

Takeiteasy would you be good enough to confirm what is said on post 14 of that thread.

Also, if you read the article on Kensington and the FSA, the customers only get repaid something like £8.25 for each returned direct debit. I don't know how much the initial charge was but that seems pretty typical of the FSA. In Court, if found guilty of overcharging, the whole amount would have been repaid.

Thanks for the info - very interesting. Really rings some bells doesn't it??!!I doubt we'll get an answer from TIE.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FSA fines Kensington Mortgages £1.2m

Sub-prime lender Kensington fined for levying 'unfair and/or excessive charges' when borrowers fell into arrears, and must repay an additional £1.1m to affected customers

FSA fines Kensington Mortgages £1.2m | Money | guardian.co.uk

Now what on earth will Swift get after this small crime Kensington committed ;)

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

FSA fines and bans North Wales mortgage broker

FSA fines and bans North Wales mortgage broker. - Mortgage Adviser | Encyclopedia.com

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has banned and heavily fined a North Wales mortgage broker after finding he had exposed about 1,500 customers to the risk of receiving unsuitable advice.

:shock:

FSA Fines Scotland-Based Mortgage Company

FSA Fines Scotland-Based Mortgage Company

A mortgage firm in Scotland has been fined £11,900 by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) because they failed to supervise one of their mortgage advisors adequately.

The mortgage company, Mortgage Master (Glasgow) Limited, is based in Kilmarnock. The FSA stated that their failure to supervise the mortgage advisor properly allowed him to submit false and misleading information on mortgage application forms.

:rolleyes:

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has banned a South London mortgage broker and fined him £100,000 for his knowing involvement in the submission of false mortgage applications

Abiola Agbalaya was an FSA approved person and sole controller of Herald Finance Ltd (Herald) which operated in South London. This six figure fine is aimed at deterring approved persons from becoming involved in mortgage fraud. The fine is as a result of Mr Agbalaya's supervision of, and knowing involvement in, the submission of false mortgage applications.

FSA bans and fines mortgage broker £100,000 for fraud

:-o:shock:

The city watchdog has fined mortgage broker Gary Lester £103,000 for knowingly submitting 42 mortgage applications to lenders containing false and misleading income information for his customers, and committing mortgage fraud to obtain a mortgage for himself.

FSA bans and fines mortgage broker - MoneyWeek

:D

Financial regulator fines mortgage company directors

Financial regulator fines mortgage company directors

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has fined two directors from Abbey bMortgages/b Limited, based in Bexleyheath and Stokesley, £30000 each for shortcomings in their bmortgage/b business which put financially vulnerable customers at risk b.../b

and this is only sweetie money :oops:

The city watchdog has fined mortgage broker Gary Lester £103,000 for knowingly submitting 42 mortgage applications to lenders containing false and misleading income information for his customers, and committing mortgage fraud to obtain a mortgage for himself.

FSA bans and fines mortgage broker - MoneyWeek

:D

Hullo there pkelly I see you are back how are your mates getting on ...thought you'd be out having a pint of guiness with them:D:D

Good to have you back!!;)

sparkie

THE LIST IS ENDLESS

so I wonder how on earth all our wee birdie friends will sleep in their nests at night, its only a matter of time before they are brought down to earth.

methinks " proof I am under Sparkies spell I am talking like him now"

its about time someone was made an example of to show the `rooks and crooks` that the FSA has bite after all.

they are supposed to protect us wee chicks and by hitting the big bad birdies where it hurts, other rooks will clean up their act

HAVE NO DOUBT SOMEONE WILL DO TIME FOR THIS

Keeping the national in mind

whos taking bets on the first one to go down.

odds Horse trainer jockey

evens on `The Risk Manager` Mr Hudson, Mr Blanc

2/1 `Good night Johnboy` the swift group Spiderman

7/4 `Punched Drunk` over the hill mob Drew Carrymore

3/1 Rent a Wand` A man called Da Dr Who

4/1 "Strictly come Quickly` Comp Team Jim`ll fix it

Hullo there pkelly I see you are back how are your mates getting on ...thought you'd be out having a pint of guiness with them:D:D

Good to have you back!!;)

sparkie

Hi Matie yep they are horse on the brain since the big win, just spoke to them what a laugh, :cool:

ON A SERIOUS NOTE FOR A MINUTE

would would you think will happen to the swift bunch surely they will have to be made an example of

with the fake docs etc etc surely any level headed judge will hang them out to dry :|

back in a minute matie have to go get my son a few more bricks before wicks closes,, he is building a barbie for me, the wee critter started it 2 years ago, his famous uncle told him it was to be the height of his waist, so the wee pet is doing his best

3 ton of bricks so far and its getting there

I somehow think his uncle did not realise we live in a 3rd floor flat???

Quote from TIE

This makes no sense at all. You have mixed leasing equipment with CCA activity. This is possibly your most wacky statement I've seen. What could the two possibly have to do with one another? the answer is simple, nothing. Is it possible they have leased equipment in their office? Are Swift 1st actuallt barred from CCA activity or do they simply not make CCA loans through Swift 1st? I bet you it's the later. This is false and misleading information.

I'll be posting this block discounting debenture for Mr TIE to view

1....CCA leasing agreements is a CCA activity. ( Fleet Hire agreements example)

2...Must have leased a lot of office equipment. In any event they can't obtain funds if they pay another leasing company for leasing the equipment...Its not their Equity in this case as TIE appears to think.

3....Swift 1st Ltd are barred from CCA activity and cannot make CCA loans of any description.

4....All office equipment is claimed as purchases on all their accounts no mention of lease except for Arcadia House itself.....they do not own it its leased.

So how can they present the agreements as equity for the block discounting? Just to get TIE's explanatory brain cells working.

sparkie

back in a minute matie have to go get my son a few more bricks before wicks closes,, he is building a barbie for me, the wee critter started it 2 years ago, his famous uncle told him it was to be the height of his waist, so the wee pet is doing his best

3 ton of bricks so far and its getting there

I somehow think his uncle did not realise we live in a 3rd floor flat???

Are we all invited to this barbie when its done:grin:

Guest takeiteasy

Sparkie - you just blather on about things that make no sense. The leasing information is so strange even by your standards. Also, check on one of your previous posts about lawyers who handle money having to be registered /authorised by the FSA - this is false and another fact you have gotten wrong. Just because you change the font to bold and use cartoon faces in your text doesn't mean the statement is true.

mr tie can you explain what on earth you are on this for considering you know it all perhaps you could inform us at to what you know swift have done wrong

TIE I have kept out of this all along but now I know who you are I will give my opinion.

I dont understand why you are getting so worked up about somethings that somone is saying. Surely its up to the people reading this wheather they want to listen to what Sparkie is saying or not?? True??

I really dont know why you care so much well i sorta do but thats besides the point.

These people have their own brains and are entitled to believe what they want, if Sparkie says a Crow is WHITE and I believe what he is saying then thats up to me isnt it?

I wouldnt get so annoyed, you will end up giving yourself a migraine plus you age far quicker when you get stressed and you wouldnt want that now, would you.

Thats a good boy!!! Calmly does it.

Guest takeiteasy

LFI - I looked at the post 14 on the Kensington board. Some of what the guy says is accurate but much of it isn't. I suspect the guy that posted it is that boards Sparkie. There is a lot of information that either isn't true or isn't illegal. HML are the largest Third Party Administrator (TPA) in the UK. It is very true that they have different numbers for the various lenders they service for. They are not the bond holders. If a loan is securitised generally you can't provide additional lending on it but that has nothing to do with HML. They have very sophisticated technology to manage arrears. HML follow the lenders instructions as far as when to repossess and everything else for a fee. Redstone never stole money from his account (a very Sparkiesh claim). There is extreme supervision of HML and other TPA's. In fact, the FSA has published detailed guidelines for TPA's and not only will they hold the TPA responsible for breaches but also the lender for employing them. The bulk of this post is factually incorrect. HML (I think) are owned by the Skipton Building Society. The bottom line is TPA's service loans for lenders for a fee of 25bps-50bps. in the overwhelming majority of cases they need the lenders approval to repossess.

If you have real peoples interest in mind, perhaps you could be more constructive,

And contribute to the forum instead of obviously aiming your remarks at Sparkie.

Without good decent men like him this world would be in an even more sorry state.

So tell me why the personal vendetta. Would it be that you are personally involved or connected to this nest of vipers

TIE I have kept out of this all along but now I know who you are I will give my opinion.

I dont understand why you are getting so worked up about somethings that somone is saying. Surely its up to the people reading this wheather they want to listen to what Sparkie is saying or not?? True??

I really dont know why you care so much well i sorta do but thats besides the point.

These people have their own brains and are entitled to believe what they want, if Sparkie says a Crow is WHITE and I believe what he is saying then thats up to me isnt it?

I wouldnt get so annoyed, you will end up giving yourself a migraine plus you age far quicker when you get stressed and you wouldnt want that now, would you.

Thats a good boy!!! Calmly does it.

sorry to be a killjoy but strickly speaking as we are all correcting each other now, sparkie would be right if he stated he saw a white crow,

I saw one myself once

Google Image Result for http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/crow.jpg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks