• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just sent the OFT copies of 4 CCA regulated agreements that Customers have enterd into with Swift Advances PLC..................Not much to shout about folks may think............BUT here is the crunch ...To enter into CCA regulated agreement activity the Lender must hold a CCA licence issued by the OFT..........to trade without a licence is a CRIMINAL offence ....and guess what Swift Advances Plc have not been issued with one........another nail in the coffin;):D

spakie

Sorry to burst the bubble Sparkie but here you go:

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0391618

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberSwift Advances plc1800474

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Eastern Collecting Agency Eastern Counselling Agency Eastern Collection Agency

Issued Date: 09-Apr-1995

Expiry Date: 14-Apr-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Public Register

Do you know something else?

Swift 1st dont have one as it lapsed last year but, I believe it doesn't matter because it only relates to regulated agreements.

I raised this last year with them.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received this email this from OFT

We would like to clarify that Swift has not applied to add Kestrel Holdings Limited as a trading style to its licence nor applied for a licence to cover that company. Instead Swift has sent OFT a notification that Andrew Punch and Kestrel Holdings Limited are now officers of Swift Advances Plc.

The notification is in compliance with section 36 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which places a statutory requirement on licensees to notify OFT of such a change within 21 days of it happening. OFT is in turn required to update the Public Register accordingly.

Event Details

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name 0391618 Current Swift Advances plc

Event Details:

Event Number Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status 26 Notification 12-Feb-2010 Open

Licence Event Details:

RoleNameActionOfficerAndrew PunchPendingOfficerKestrel Holdings LimitedPending

Im missing something. Why bother to do this? Anything to do with what Saprkie unearthed? Makes me wonder.

This the same guy? - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-punch/5/952/932

Edited by busterg

The bubble isn't burst mateyt I can assure there is stuff that Iam not going to post but when it does come out you will see "old sparkie" will be right;):D

Remember .....you brought this up last year..... a lot has been discovered since then;)

sparkie

The bubble isn't burst mateyt I can assure there is stuff that Iam not going to post but when it does come out you will see "old sparkie" will be right;):D

Remember .....you brought this up last year..... a lot has been discovered since then;)

sparkie

Hmmmmmmmmmmm;):D My head working overtime now. I've never been one for patience. OMG I don't do cryptic :lol:

Something in my gut tells me there's something funny with this Kestrel officer business as well. we'll see eh;)

Event Details

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name 0391618 Current Swift Advances plc

Event Details:

Event Number Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status 26 Notification 12-Feb-2010 Open

Licence Event Details:

RoleNameActionOfficerAndrew PunchPendingOfficerKestrel Holdings LimitedPending

Im missing something. Why bother to do this? Anything to do with what Saprkie unearthed? Makes me wonder.

This the same guy? - Andrew Punch - LinkedIn

It is my understanding that all this means is that this Andrew Punch has applied to have his name on the Directors Board as a Director, listed at Companies House.

sparkie

Just because things have gne a little quiet Something for Swifties to cthink about and form their own opinion

In 2006 to 2007 Swift paid £14,701,063 in commission

In 2007 to 2008 Swift paid £19,157,617 in commission

In 2008 to 2009 Swift paid £ 4,142,543 in commission

Mr Mark White in his capacity of a Bsc in Economics and witness under oath in at least two case to our knowledge stated ..."That Swift do not pay commission as such only a Documetary fee of £100"..... to the broker/agent.

If you divide these sums by £100 Swift have a lot of broker agents would you not say???:D:D

sparkie

It is my understanding that all this means is that this Andrew Punch has applied to have his name on the Directors Board as a Director, listed at Companies House.

sparkie

Still makes no sense though. If Kestrel have undetaken in anything questionable, why involve yourself in that? why not look to putting yourself in a position that removes you from liabillites and or potential problems.:confused:

Im thinking:

1. He a sadist

2. There is nothing in the Kestrel issue that we think there is

3. There is something in it and they are arragonant and or sure it won't impact them in any shape or form.

Oh and if he is the same guy - wouldn't want to eat any mash he served up! :shock:

Still makes no sense though. If Kestrel have undetaken in anything questionable, why involve yourself in that? why not look to putting yourself in a position that removes you from liabillites and or potential problems.:confused:

Im thinking:

1. He a sadist

2. There is nothing in the Kestrel issue that we think there is

3. There is something in it and they are arragonant and or sure it won't impact them in any shape or form.

Oh and if he is the same guy - wouldn't want to eat any mash he served up! :shock:

What it really say is this guy does not know what is going on with the OFT at the moment.......remember people in positions as he is do not change jobs just like that.... they have contracts to run their time .....he probably decided and applied to be a director months ago ...before the S*** hit he fan ....he does not know what he is walking into.

But if he reads this tread he will:D:D

sparkie

In a Court case that is coming up in the near future Mark White has stated in a witness statement of truth

"That only some loans were transferred to the Kestrel Companies"

( We all know what they delete from these history notes, there are only 3 of Swifts customers who have on their history notes that their loans were transferred to the Kestrel companies, maybe Mark White is referring to these 3 when he say some loans were transferred)

The 3 are

Mine

Landyalerts

1 other CAG member

Below has been extracted from page 2 of Swift Advances Plc Yearly Accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31 March 2008 lodged with Companies House “Quote”;

“During the year, mortgage loans of £200 million (2007 266 million) were sold to fellow subsidiary companies for funding purposes.”

Does this mean that our 3 loans that were transferred amount to £200 million

Taken from Page 2 of Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd yearly accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31st March 2008 lodged with Companies House “ Quote”

The company acquired all loans and mortgages from its fellow subsidiary companies, Swift Advances Plc and Swift 1st Ltd…..and …. During the year, the company has acquired mortgage loans amounted to £129 million from its fellow subsidiary companies”.

Taken from Page 2 of Kestrel Loans No 3 Ltd yearly accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31st March 2008 lodged with Companies House “ Quote”

The company acquired all loans and mortgages from its fellow subsidiary companies, Swift Advances Plc and Swift 1st Ltd…..and …. During the year, the company has acquired mortgage loans amounted to £71 million from its fellow subsidiary companies”.

The man is in BIG BIG trouble!!!! ......So is Mr Webster who signed the Directors reports,

What they say together ...........the 2 companies acquired £400 ( £200 million each) and No 3 acquired a further £71 million.

Totally misleading statements

Edited by Sparkie1723

What it really say is this guy does not know what is going on with the OFT at the moment.......remember people in positions as he is do not change jobs just like that.... they have contracts to run their time .....he probably decided and applied to be a director months ago ...before the S*** hit he fan ....he does not know what he is walking into.

But if he reads this tread he will:D:D

sparkie

Might just send him an email and makes his day:grin:

In a Court case that is coming up in the near future Mark White has stated in a witness statement of truth

"That only some loans were transferred to the Kestrel Companies"

( We all know what they delete from these history notes, there are only 3 of Swifts customers who have on their history notes that their loans were transferred to the Kestrel companies, maybe Mark White is referring to these 3 when he say some loans were transferred)

The 3 are

Mine

Landyalerts

1 other CAG member

Below has been extracted from page 2 of Swift Advances Plc Yearly Accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31 March 2008 lodged with Companies House “Quote”;

“During the year, mortgage loans of £200 million (2007 266 million) were sold to fellow subsidiary companies for funding purposes.”

Does this mean that our 3 loans that were transferred amount to £200 million

Taken from Page 2 of Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd yearly accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31st March 2008 lodged with Companies House “ Quote”

The company acquired all loans and mortgages from its fellow subsidiary companies, Swift Advances Plc and Swift 1st Ltd…..and …. During the year, the company has acquired mortgage loans amounted to £129 million from its fellow subsidiary companies”.

Taken from Page 2 of Kestrel Loans No 3 Ltd yearly accounts for the year 31st March 2007 to 31st March 2008 lodged with Companies House “ Quote”

The company acquired all loans and mortgages from its fellow subsidiary companies, Swift Advances Plc and Swift 1st Ltd…..and …. During the year, the company has acquired mortgage loans amounted to £71 million from its fellow subsidiary companies”.

The man is in BIG BIG trouble!!!! ......So is Mr Webster who signed the Directors reports,

What they say together ...........the 2 companies acquired £400 ( £200 million each) and No 3 acquired a further £71 million.

Totally misleading statements

Cheers Sparkie :) Very interesting and helpfull.

Statement of truth - I think the concept has passed them by. I wonder if mushy peas taste the same on the inside as they do on the outside;)

Swift have a big website set up and this is what it says

This site is controlled and operated by Swift Group ('Swift') from the United Kingdom and complies with English law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.

I also have letters etc in my court bundle that have the Heading "Swift Advances" and adds ..."The Swift Group"

So it follows that there is no such entity as The Swift Group Legal Services that they call themselves don't think these "yankee friends of ours" will think very much about this either.

This is who the Swift Group really is

The Swift Group

Global Wealth Management

Scott K. Swift, CFM(615) 747-5748Financial AdvisorKathleen S. Schwartz, CSNA(610) 320-5484Financial AdvisorStephen R. Bealer, CFP®, ChFC, CLU(610) 320-5453Financial AdvisorJohn C. Minnich, CFP®, ChFC(610) 320-5479Financial AdvisorAprile D. Seitz(610) 320-5483Client AssociateLindsay L. Dillingham, CRPC®(615) 747-5637Registered Client Associate

PROFESSIONAL PROFILE

The Swift Group utilizes over 70 years of combined industry experience to achieve the complex financial goals of the affluent families and successful business owners they serve. We understand that, while life cannot always be predicted, it can certainly be prepared for. By implementing a time-tested method that considers every detail of one’s financial picture, the Swift Group continually adapts to meet the ever-changing goals and expectations of their valued, long-time client base.

150 FOURTH AVENUE NORTH

Suite 1700

NASHVILLE, TN 37219-2417

Phone: (610) 320-5455

Email: Scott Swift

Now When I conatct Mr Scott Swift tomorrow I do not think he will be very happy to find out that Swift Advances are using their Internationally known name and that he won't be happy even more .......when I tell him that they are being investigated by the OFT and could quite possibly draw their good name into disrepute, placing them in the same category as Swift Advances Plc.

There is no such entity as "the Swift Group" in this country.

THey are using someone else trade name

Mr Scott Swift may Turn GREEN???

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Andrew Punch - CEO Westcot Credit Services . . . another company in the Alchemy Partners Portfolio along with Swift Advances: Alchemy - Deals Listed

Is this significant???

SJ :confused:

well lets start digging and find out :)

Licence Number:0148091

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberWescot Credit Services LimitedSC84131

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Debt administration Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

2f WCS Legal

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

R.M.S Wesland Debt Enforcement Agency Debt Enforcement Agency Returned Mail Services Bebt Enforcement Agency Crown Litigation Services Debt Enforcement

Issued Date: 09-Oct-1984

Expiry Date: 15-Feb-2010

Isn't funny how these are all somehow interlinked: Business NameCompany Registration NumberGE Money Home Finance Limited592986

Edited by busterg

Andrew Punch - CEO Westcot Credit Services . . . another company in the Alchemy Partners Portfolio along with Swift Advances: Alchemy - Deals Listed

Is this significant???

SJ :confused:

Depends which way you look at it SJ...this reminds me of a client I had once, a big company with a large what they called their 'Corporate Accounting Department' - this department looked after the subsidiaries financial reporting and had over a hundred qualified staff. If there were people in the Corporate Accounting department who they wanted rid of that had been with the company a long while and would be too costly to get rid of they'd promote them into a dead loss subsidiary and make them feel important as a board member then make them redundant under a new contract - all I can say is - " Watch this space" it maybe a short lived appointment! :-D Remember, that the guy who set up Alchemy left and said Swift were in for a fall - well???

I am sending this to Mr Webster.

sparkie

2nd March 2010

To Mr John Webster

CEO Swift Advances Plc

Dear Mr Webster,

I have refrained from corresponding with you as it was quite clear that you had an unconscionable belief that you and your company (s) could do no wrong, however it is now quite clear now that is far from the truth.

Of course you will be aware that all of Swift Advances Plc operations are under close scrutiny of the OFT and the FSA, this has been brought about by the manner in which your companies have treated their customers over the years, and as a last resort have started a rebellion against you and the companies you control.

Before you reply with “All this is subject to Judicial Proceedings”, let me make you aware of the following for you to consider your own personal position, as CEO of Swift Advances ultimately responsible for all actions of all employees and other Directors.

I have previously informed you that Mr Mark White lied under oath in the proceedings of my Part 20 Claim against Swift Advances Plc, that was heard on 18th Dec 2009. I am still of that opinion, which will be decided on in my High Court Appeal, when the facts will be presented.

I now wish to make you aware of the following, it has been stated by Swift that there is a “Swift Group” no such legal entity exists, in this country

The Swift Advances Plc website also refer to “Swift Group” I have letters submitted in Swift Advances Plc Court Claim & Defence bundle headed “the Swift Group”.

I also have letters and documents in that bundle headed “Swift Advances” no such legal entity exists, in this country

I have letters headed “Swift Group Legal Services” no such legal entity exists, as there is no Swift Group in this country.

I have letters headed “Eastern Counselling Department” no such legal entity exists, in this country

It appears that Swift Advances Plc are using these names as trading styles, if this is so;

I copy here a section of advise in an e-mail from the OFT

If a sole trader, the license will be issued in the sole traders’ own name.

If a licencee conducts licensable business under any other trading name(s), they must apply for the name(s) to be added to their licence.

Please note it is a criminal offence to carry out any activity that requires a consumer credit licence under a name that is not on a licence.

I hope this information proves helpful,

Yours sincerely,

Ferdus Ahmed

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

I draw your attention to the heavy type section and ask you to check Swift Advances Plc Consumer Credit Licence issued by the OFT, you will note none of these names appear on it.

I also refer you to the Letter of welcome that Swift Advances send out to all borrowers, which accompanies their loan cheque, it is headed Swift Advances this name is not on your CC licence as I have stated, Swift Advances Plc state on their official letter headed paper that Swift Advances are indeed a trading style of Swift Advance Plc, this trading style is most certainly not on the licence issued to Swift Advances Plc

I refer you also to your documents “ Additional Information, Authorities & Information, and Income Affordability these are headed "Swift", again as I have stated this name is not on your CC licence.

As these have been submitted in all Court proceedings issued by Swift they are not acceptable as evidence as they are submitted whilst a criminal offence was/is being committed. I shall of course be advising as many borrowers as possible of this.

The Direct Debits are headed "Swift Advances" again unacceptable in court proceedings, this will be put forward to the High Court in Chester when our appeal is heard against the possession order of our home (and needless to say numerous other cases I am privy to).

Should you wish to reply by all means do so, I am unconcerned if you decide not to.

Finally do you recall stating in an e-mail that you were the CEO of “The Swift Group“, this again was a false misleading statement as you were or should have been well aware that no such legal entity exists in this country.

This Mr Webster is who The Swift Group really is, and have been for over 70 Years.

The Swift Group

Global Wealth Management

150 FOURTH AVENUE NORTH

Suite 1700

NASHVILLE, TN 37219-2417

Phone: (610) 320-5455

Email: Scott Swift

Scott K. Swift, CFM(615) 747-5748Financial AdvisorKathleen S. Schwartz, CSNA(610) 320-5484Financial AdvisorStephen R. Bealer, CFP®, ChFC, CLU(610) 320-5453Financial AdvisorJohn C. Minnich, CFP®, ChFC(610) 320-5479Financial AdvisorAprile D. Seitz(610) 320-5483Client AssociateLindsay L. Dillingham, CRPC®(615) 747-5637Registered Client Associate

A copy of this-mail letter is being sent to certain members of Alchemy LLP board of Directors, namely Mr Dominic Slade and Sue Woodman.

A copy is also being sent to Mr David Blocksidge at the OFT

Sparkie - This is all extraordinary stuff.

Is John Webster still at Swift? - his FSA register file says "Inactive" It seems that Messrs Slade, Barwick, Bridges & Punch (since Jan 2010) & Mrs Brooks are Swift 1st directors and Barwick & Brooks (Money Laundering Reporting since 3.2.10) are the only two FSA listed directors of Swift Advances. Swift 1st is "unable to hold client money" according to Notices. SJ

FSA Register

Sparkie - This is all extraordinary stuff.

Is John Webster still at Swift? - his FSA register file says "Inactive" It seems that Messrs Slade, Barwick, Bridges & Punch (since Jan 2010) & Mrs Brooks are Swift 1st directors and Barwick & Brooks (Money Laundering Reporting since 3.2.10) are the only two FSA listed directors of Swift Advances. Swift 1st is "unable to hold client money" according to Notices. SJ

FSA Register

I wonder if thats why my payments are going into Swift Advances bank account given that my loan is with Swift 1st..... and aother thing, how can they accept payments on Swift 1st behalf when on their website and all correspondence, Swift Advances Plc claims to be only an insurance intermidiary for Swift 1st. :confused:

Sparkie - everyday I grow more convinced that you're MI6 :) Do you know where the WMD is?

I wonder if thats why my payments are going into Swift Advances bank account given that my loan is with Swift 1st..... and aother thing, how can they accept payments on Swift 1st behalf when on their website and all correspondence, Swift Advances Plc claims to be only an insurance intermidiary for Swift 1st. :confused:

Sparkie - everyday I grow more convinced that you're MI6 :) Do you know where the WMD is?

On which note...someone previously asked for bank account details of payments going in to swift. Could you post here which Swift bank account you pay in to please using the last 4 digits of the account number. Bank name, sort code and who the payments are actually made to. Someone will pick this up and analyse it on here.

Thanks

On which note...someone previously asked for bank account details of payments going in to swift. Could you post here which Swift bank account you pay in to please using the last 4 digits of the account number. Bank name, sort code and who the payments are actually made to. Someone will pick this up and analyse it on here.

Thanks

Crikey, don't you ever go to bed? 03.48 :eek::p

• Haha 1

Thanks

Okay, I was asked to pay money into this account:

Barclays Swift First Ltd A/C 0098 Sort Code: 20-72-89

because of them not being able to process card payments over the phone last year. I stopped the direct debits because of the increases in interest (6 times in 1 year) and no notification. Didn't know where the hell I stood.

They have resumed card payments again and the account on my statements comes up as Swift Advances Plc.

Hope it helps.

Okay, I was asked to pay money into this account:

Barclays Swift First Ltd A/C 0098 Sort Code: 20-72-89

because of them not being able to process card payments over the phone last year. I stopped the direct debits because of the increases in interest (6 times in 1 year) and no notification. Didn't know where the hell I stood.

They have resumed card payments again and the account on my statements comes up as Swift Advances Plc.

Hope it helps.

Great, it was me who asked before, could you check and tell me is the account you currently pay into the same one that was being paid into before and is that number you quoted above for Swift 1st Ltd or Swift Advances plc ? I need to know the 2 accounts (if there were 2) PM me if you prefer buster.

Great, it was me who asked before, could you check and tell me is the account you currently pay into the same one that was being paid into before and is that number you quoted above for Swift 1st Ltd or Swift Advances plc ? I need to know the 2 accounts (if there were 2) PM me if you prefer buster.

Morning SC

will PM you later today with info. I need to go and check a few things out with my bank face to face today about a couple of other related issues. So I might have abit more to add.

The 0098 account is the cash amounts I had to pay into. Swift told me it was Swift 1st Ltd account. the Debit card payments where to Swift Advances Plc. will try get the Advances account no today for debit card payments and confirm what 0098 account above relates to.

Catch up later:-)

Edited by busterg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks