• Tweets

• Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
    • We've already encouraged worry to use their own words... HB
    • Whoops 😅 Vanquis - September 2015 Jacamo - January 2016 Very - December 2013
    • Pretty good first draft   Only question I have is did you use a template from this forum to write it?   Parts of It just seems very familiar, and I'm concerned if TFL see people just copying and pasting stuff they've seen before it won't be as effective.   If not then I'd say its good but allow others to give their feedback.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Marky1701 ........Swift will NEVER tell you that Kestrel own your loan ........the answer you will get

My answers to him are in red ...I never got any more info off him again

Dear Sparkie

I am not prepared to open a fresh line of dialogue until we have closed previous ie your message concerning the basis of our funding. You have not addressed my response in the light of which I believe both Swift and my colleagues referred to in your message are entitled to a full retraction.

I'm happy to deal with as many issues as you wish to raise, but one by one.

Yours sincerely.

John Webster

Dear Mr Sparkie

I write further to your email of 4 August 2009.

I acknowledge you have also submitted a further Subject Access Request to Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd, and it is my understanding that you will receive a response from the Compliance Department about this shortly.

With regard to the points you have raised within the attachment I would comment as follows;

There was no legal transfer of the mortgage from Swift Advances to Kestrel Loans no 1 - this was an internal accounting procedure only. The mortgage has at all times remained in the name of Swift Advances plc.

It doesn't it is with Barclays Bank

How come Kestrel are also processing the account on their computer system along with Swift

The mortgage with Swift Advances was covered by title insurance from 4 April 2007.

My SAR says it was from 21st May 2007

I am also satisfied that Swift has at all time complied with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will be happy to discuss any questions that we may receive from the Information Commissioner's office.

The dispute you raised was not a genuine dispute since you clearly had to pay back what you borrowed (which the court later also decided) and so we were entitled to continue to process your data including sending any account information to credit reference agencies. You will appreciate that Swift, as with all lenders, are bound by reciprocal arrangements with the CREs where we are required to file account information so that other lenders can make informed and responsible lending decisions.

Neither ourselves or the Court was aware that our account had been transferred to Kestrel No 1 a company that does not hold a licence for processing data.

No lender is bound by any arrangement to supply data/information ….it is purely by choice. Why make such misleading statements.

Yours sincerely

John Webster

Chief Executive Officer

The internal accounting pocedure he talks about is the DOUBLE BORROWING

Swifts accounts state they sold these mortgages Kestrels account say they acquired them so by saying they remained with Swift JOhn Webster is conradicting what he said in his directors report and signed it as a statement of truth.

What he has tried to say for argument is for example that

You can sell something you own to some one for money and try to say it still belongs to you ........( that's what Webster is trying to say)............Can't be done ..........simple as that.....try getting a car back you have sold for £ 10.000 to someone by saying you still have the log book....especially if its still under H.P

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sparkie,

So what is the bottom line? Swift say this and you say that etc etc and it seems to go round and round with neither side backing own.

BUT WHAT, in all practicality, does it mean and what can we do?

All I know is this: taken from a recent 'This is Money' article:

Editor's commentary: The important three-month sterling Libor rate rose from 0.61% to 0.61375%, announced on Friday, 27 November. It fell to a record low of 0.54% on 28 September, bobbed around that mark for a while

Swift base their lending rates on 3 mth LIBOR, which according to the above is 'bobbing' around 0.6%. Swift charge me 17.3%

Edited by Marky1701

Hi Sparkie,

So what is the bottom line? Swift say this and you say that etc etc and it seems to go round and round with neither side backing own.

BUT WHAT, in all practicality, does it mean and what can we do?

I know this is easy to say and hard to take............Swift know that they have the power of money...........they know you have to lie down and take the whip.............or you can do what I am doing fight the in their own backyard.........take them on and fight..............easy to say mate .....and very hard to do do .......I am 72 years old and fought the Communist terrorists in the jungles of Malaya back in the early 60's ........they used some dirty tricks I can tell you...But they were pussy cats compared to these leeches.

That was a long hard fight but we beat them in the end .cost a lot of our lads lives.but we did it.

sparkie

How about this for a quote!

'The late payment interest is not down to late payments'

That's what it says on a recent letter from Swift.....I wonder what they'll come up with next?

:rolleyes:

What they are saying ...We are charging you late payment interest...not because you paid late ....we just decided to charge you it bcause we can, if you try to argue then ............we will just say its because you paid late:evil::evil:

sparkie

Just another quick e-mail to Mr Webster

Dear Mr Webster

I copy below a section taken from one of your e-mails, as your company has re-instated possession proceedings against us, the application hearing is to take place on 3rd December 2009, in order to make this e-mail clear to the Court would you be so kind as to explain what you mean by this paragraph, bearing in mind I will be presenting to the Court the 395 Security Document, I am sure you will be completely aware of what its terms, conditions and pledges are contained in that document.

Especially the Negative Pledge. Would you explain this below, I may ask the Court to subpoena you to explain it.

There was no legal transfer of the mortgage from Swift Advances to Kestrel Loans no 1 - this was an internal accounting procedure only. The mortgage has at all times remained in the name of Swift Advances plc.

With regard to the internal accounting procedure, are you referring to the “double accounting” procedure that is taking place;

One on Swifts computer system and…… one on Kestrel No 1’s accounting system, ( of which I have proof) I will be asking the Court to order these accounting procedures to be presented and explained to the Court

Yours sincerely

Edited by Sparkie1723

Just to explain to those who may not know, the term 'legal transfer' refers to securitisation where Swift might sell the rights to the loan..the rights being the interest payments you make. Under a 'legal transfer' (which is all they can do in America) the title is transferred on the 'sale' to another company) Under 'equitable transfer' this is securitisation which happens to most financial products, this interest they are entitled to for the term of the loan gets hocked out to investers via an SPV ( Special Purchase Vehicle) or Trust which if it happened in Swifts case would be Kestrel. BUT, and this is the big 'but'. Mr Webster Swift's Chief executive and Direcor of Kestrel also is on record as saying Swift keep all their loans on balance sheet and do not securitise..so what are they doing selling the loans to Kestrel then? What is the purpose? This is the question Swift will not answer and the one which Sparkie is pressing for. It would appear they are 'selling' the loans on face value to Kestrel and trotting along to a bank and saying " we have all these loans we are going to make loadsa money on please lend us against them" That, needs some explaining when they are already tied up in a Barclays Debenture (security over the loans Swift gave to Barclays) - at fixed capped rates of interest . Unlike the loan interest rates you have on your loans here which appear to rise at a whim based upon Bank of England rates, Libor, Shareholder pressure or whatever they can think of next which sounds plausable to a Judge on the day...dodgy!

Edited by Smarterchick
clarity on legal title
  • Haha 1

Just to explain to those who may not know, the term 'legal transfer' refers to securitisation where Swift might sell the rights to the loan..the rights being the interest payments you make. Under securitisation which happens to most financial products this interest they are entitled to for the term of the loan gets hocked out to investers via an SPV ( Special Purchase Vehicle) or Trust which if it happened in Swifts case would be Kestrel. BUT, and this is the big 'but'. Mr webster is on record as saying Swift keep all their loans on balance sheet and do not securitise..so what are they doing selling the loans to Kestrel then? This is the question Swift will not answer and the one which Sparkie is pressing for. It would appear they are 'selling' the loans on face value to Kestrel and trotting along to a bank and saying " we have all these loans we are going to make loadsa money on please lend us against them" That, needs some explaining when they are already tied up in a Barclays Debenture (security over the loans Swift gave) - at fixed rates of interest capped. Unlike the loans you have here which appear to rise at a whim based upon Bank of England rates, Libor, Shareholder pressure or whatever they can think of next...dodgy!

Absolutely smack on S/M/C and I intend to force them out into the open, one way or another.

sparkie

Ring in 1st thing on Monday to the switch board and ask for any Kestrel company after all there is almost 100 workers there

but with the DIRECTOR HAVING JUST LEFT lol they might be in a bit of a fluster.

TO LATE TO GET OF THE SINKING SHIP NOW :D :D

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Hi Matie I see youve been busy,,,

whats the chance of MARK WHITE coming up to see you on thursday

That would be the best xmas present I could have pkelly;) Do I have some questions to put to that man,

And one of them isn't ...taken off a Beatles album...... DO YOU LOVE ME???

sparkie

Ring in 1st thing on Monday to the switch board and ask for any Kestrel company after all there is almost 100 workers there

but with the DIRECTOR HAVING JUST LEFT lol they might be in a bit of a fluster.

TO LATE TO GET OF THE SINKING SHIP NOW :D :D

That's right everyone just ring and ask to speak to anyone from Kestrel so you can have it confirmed from one of their employees that they have bought your loan/mortgage and ask them to explain because you have only just found out about it....you need the explanation before you challenge this under section 140 of the New CCA 2006 Unfair Relationship ....doing things without your knowledge. Start giving them problems the way they have given you problems

sparkie

Just another quick e-mail to Mr Webster

Dear Mr Webster

I copy below a section taken from one of your e-mails, as your company has re-instated possession proceedings against us, the application hearing is to take place on 3rd December 2009, in order to make this e-mail clear to the Court would you be so kind as to explain what you mean by this paragraph, bearing in mind I will be presenting to the Court the 395 Security Document, I am sure you will be completely aware of what its terms, conditions and pledges are contained in that document.

Especially the Negative Pledge. Would you explain this below, I may ask the Court to subpoena you to explain it.

With regard to the internal accounting procedure, are you referring to the “double accounting” procedure that is taking place;

One on Swifts computer system and…… one on Kestrel No 1’s accounting system, ( of which I have proof) I will be asking the Court to order these accounting procedures to be presented and explained to the Court

Yours sincerely

So thats the reason he give up his FSA licence JUST THE DAY after he was told he would have to go to N Ireland.

between calling up with you and the lads he will NOT BE WANTING TO F UP any more than he already has

Anyone seen MUTTLEY today ...oooops sorry its MUTT1 isn't it? .......I've been watching cartoons today ..........my favaourite is .."Road Runner" .......reminds of a Finance company I know

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

I see on facebook your maties just made another new contact with one of those 14 your talking about, who as he himself said flew the nest lol

how on earth do those guys think up the ideas and ways to meet new friends matie

I cant even befriend Sparkle and I pm them every day :confused:

Mr Webster claimed in Swifts accounts last year that he saved over £1.600.000 by reducing Swifts staff by 14..............If I was a Swift employee I would be getting a bit worried about my job ......he might be thinking if I get rid of another 14 ...I could save another £1.500.000.........There's a very old song that 's called " Look over your shoulder, I'm walking behind". Swift workers should get a copy

Mr Webster claimed in Swifts accounts last year that he saved over £1.600.000 by reducing Swifts staff by 14..............If I was a Swift employee I would be getting a bit worried about my job ......he might be thinking if I get rid of another 14 ...I could save another £1.500.000.........There's a very old song that 's called " Look over your shoulder, I'm walking behind". Swift workers should get a copy

YEP THEY ARE CUTTING CORNERS I wonder was it a cost cut pulling out of the FSA

John Webster, chief executive of Swift Group said;

‘At a time of rising interest rates we realise that intermediaries may have to work a bit

harder on their marketing spend to win new business. We hope this additional fee along

with our decision to hold our new business rates for the time being will help all of our

introducers have a terrific start to the summer.”

Paul McGerrigan from Dream Mortgages welcomed the promotion saying: “This is a great

promotion that will really kick-start a good summer of business. One of the many things I

like about Swift is that they are proactive in offering initiatives such as this. With many other

lenders, brokers are forced to take the lead in developing promotions or simply made to feel

as though they should go cap in had to ask for extra support. I think that this promotion will

be a winner for Swift and brokers alike.”

The additional 1% commission is payable on all non CCA Second Charges signed up and

completed by 31 July. All intermediaries need to do is send their fully packaged cases to the

Swift underwriters in the usual way and the extra 1% will be paid on completion.

IS THIS THE COMMISSION YOU WERE SAYING THEY PAY THE BROKERS MATIE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks