style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just started claiming against the Halifax. I have written for details of charges for one account and am claiming £685 for the other. Finally did it after they charged me £53 for being about 15mins over overdraft limit.

My husband thinks I've finally lost the plot!

We will soon find out.

Bit nervous about appearing in court! Hope it won't come to that.

Wish me luck. Cathy :)

Welcome aboard cs

You are a couple of months away from proving someone wrong!! :-)

I bet he won't mind helping you to spend it though.

Best of luck - we will watch for updates.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am claiming £685 of bank charges from the halifax. I have sent the preliminary letter and the letter before action. Tomorrow I am due to go to the next stage and begin a claim. The halifax have written to me offering £250 in full and final settlement which I intend to reject.

Should I write back stating I will accept this as part payment only or ignore it and just start the claim?

They have also said this payment is in full for all my halifax accounts. Yet I have another account that i intend to claim for when I have won this one.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Cathy

Hi Cathy, send your letter accepting the £250 as an interim payment and file your claim tomorrow. You must stick to your timetable, and now you can add the 8% interest ;)

Good luck

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Hi cathy, I got the same letter offering an insulting amount but wrote back saying that I would accept as partial payment but would continue to go after the rest.The next day I handed my court papers into the Sherrif Court and within a fortnight they paid up. Go girl!!!

Stephen Denoon

£374 IN CHARGES

REQUEST REPAYMENT OF CHARGES SENT 22/06/06

L.B.A. SENT 09/07/06

OFFERED £90 (WOW) 25/07/06

ACCEPT £90 AS PARTIAL PAYMENT 26/07/06

FORMS 1 & 1B TAKING TO COURT ON 31/07/06

WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NOW!!!

THEY HAVE PAID UP!!!!! I WIN

THANK FOR THE HELP ALL

Hi

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to be a bit hard work but do I write and accept the £250 as an interim payment and then claim for the balance or claim for the whole amount in case they decide not to pay £250 as I am only accepting as part payment.

Thanks cathy

When the court papers arrive, they will realise you've turned down their 'kind offer'. ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Claim for the FULL amount + 8% + costs

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

• 4 weeks later...

As far as i know Halifax haven't closed anyone's account yet but like it says in the guide hopefully you will have your 'parachute' account ready just in case.

not sure how long to get payed but from what i've read the bank seems to quote normaily up to 5 days. Just keep checking your account they seem to have a habbit of paying up and not telling you.

Legaly i think it's somthing like 14 days but the court should be able to tell you give them a ring if you don't have the cash on Monday, Or you could try this lady..

Ms. Rachel Hinchliffe

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

01422 391096

Fax: 01422 333453

Email: [email protected]

From what I've read she seems to be able to get things done :)

Oh and

WELL DONE !!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data PAct halifax 19/6

Conf letter 22/6

£10 Fee taken 30/6,

List of charges recived 29/7

Prelim sent 31/7

LBA sent 15/8

Court action start 30/8

Offered £160 & then £482 as full settlement 6/9 LOL

19/09 Full settlement of part 1 £710 charges, £200.88 interest & £39 costs. :lol:

2nd cout action started 27/09 paid in full 29/11:smile:

MEAF Reclamed X2 £75 Halifax & £175 from C&G here's how http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/mortgage-fees

Halifax may not even be aware of this yet as you have won by default. I would leave it 7 days before getting a warrant to send the bailiffs in.

However, be warned that Halifax may well apply to have the judgement set-aside.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Halifax did not defend my claim for £800 and the courts issued a judgement for them to pay up on the 8th September. However I have not received anything yet. Do I continue to wait or take a warrant out through the court or something else?

I don't know anything about warrants. Does it cost me anything?

Thanks for any advice received.

Cathy

Cathy,

Not too sure honey, but when my case did not receive any defence (return date 8th september) I called them and followed up with an email to rachel hincliffe and had the money in my account and the claim settled within 24 hours ... there had been an admin foul up (for a change!!Not!) and they had not had the summons through ....

Just a thought

T

I will not be held liable for any advice/comments given... if in any doubt please consult professional advice.

HBOS Acc1 - Small Claim Filed 31/07/06 - WON -21/8/06 - MCOL -06/09/06 - WON 13/09/06

HBOS acc2 -Small Claim Filed 02/08/06 - WON 13/09/06 - Round 2 Prelim Letter sent 14/09.06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

HBOS acc3 Prelim Letter sent 14/09/06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

I expect you will have the money soon but yes you can issue a warrant and i understand this will cost £35. If you look up small claims court on the internet you should find a link to the courts service and this will explain in detail what each outcome is and what it will entail.Good Luck. Shout if you need help. I am about a week behind you.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

They haven't paid because your claim probably got under the radar (well, they have so many of those these days, poor lambs!)

Phone them, and break the good news to them. Tell them they have until Friday to pay up, or you'll get the Warrant of Execution sorted out. (Cost £55, payable by them once issued, even if they bailiffs never actually go there). Make sure they pay up interest right until the day of settlement.

Talk of misscommunication I received letter from court saying they intend to defend in full,or really what three days after you put £8,500 into my account !Confused?!!!!They are.

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Threads merged.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Excellent news - well done! :) Have you filled in the survey yet?

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!