RED now MACKENZIE HALL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

recieved 2 letters from red about 3 months ago regarding a crap one debt, now this debt is approx 6/7 years old. long story but marraige broke up i moved and basicly removed all traces of my married life from my memory now its come back to haunt me.

i ignored red but now this morning recieved a letter from mackenzie regarding this debt so obviously red gave up. i know the amount on the crap one card was £200 and these **** bags want £630 off me.

i would like to pay the original £200 but no way am i paying over £400 extra to them.

should i cca them or send the stat barred or just ignore them. i haveuntil the 29th of july to pay up or else!!

sara x

thanks for the reply . would cap one except £200 not the £630 on letter. i presume this is all charges.

i have not made any contact or payments in 6 years regarding this debt. red offeredme a reduction if i answered there letter but i thought it best not to because they sounded very desperate to get my money even at a reduced rate. maybe they knew the had little chance because the debt is over 6 years old

thanks for the reply . would cap one except £200 not the £630 on letter. i presume this is all charges.

i have not made any contact or payments in 6 years regarding this debt. It is then statute barred and you dont owe a thing red offeredme a reduction if i answered there letter but i thought it best not to because they sounded very desperate to get my money even at a reduced rate. maybe they knew the had little chance because the debt is over 6 years old

send the dca the statute barred letter and tell them to get lost

if i send the stat barred letter would that be the end if it, im on holiday at the moment and this is really stressing me out. do you think they could lie and say i had made a payment ,sorry if i sound daft but i know these people lie to you about things like that,

if i send the stat barred letter would that be the end if it, im on holiday at the moment and this is really stressing me out. do you think they could lie and say i had made a payment ,sorry if i sound daft but i know these people lie to you about things like that,

Alledgedly :)

If Mackenzie Hall have been given this account to chase its probably the last throw of the dice. If MH have actually bought this debt then they will have paid nowhere near £630 for it - more like £65 or less. Ignore them, they are like dogmuck on shoes.

hi again thanks for all your words of encouragement regarding dog sh*t hall.

it says on there effort of a letter that cap one are the original creditor .lowell are the pursuers and that lowell is mucks client, what the hell is all that about??

Obfuscating the truth as ever.

Well if Lowells/RED have passed it over to Muckie you can be guaranteed it is indeed statute barred.

Lowells normally don't sub-contract collection activities, after all they already have 3 heads of their own for confusion.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

not sure if this information is of any relivence but i have checked my credit files and i have no outstanding debt or have red, lowells or muck hall hav done any searches on me.

DEFFO statute barred then :-) Chalk another one up to the good guys

Just hate every DCA out there