Blair, Oliver & Scott on my case now!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mrs Z here,

I thought it best to start a new thread so that it doesn't get too confusing and in case we are in need of help or advice later on!! :)

I thought Mr Z would recieve "fresh" harrassment! He recieved a Default Notice (doesn't look compliant) dated 17th June re: Halifax Credit Card. So getting a letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott should be no surprise. Guess who will be getting a CCA then!

I shall go and have a read of some threads concerning this fresh bunch of cretins!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah good old BOS! I complained to them in April about chasing a debt where Sainsbury's had not complied with my CCA request. They ignored it, I sent another, they ignored it, have now reported to them to the FOS, did receive a reply from Sainsbury's about this saying the complaint is closed! I don't think so! I've had letters from BOS about intended court action and am now so sick of them have suggested they get off their backsides and take me to court if they are so confident that Sainsbury's have complied. They are bunch of cretins! Good luck :)

Ah good old BOS! I complained to them in April about chasing a debt where Sainsbury's had not complied with my CCA request. They ignored it, I sent another, they ignored it, have now reported to them to the FOS, did receive a reply from Sainsbury's about this saying the complaint is closed! I don't think so! I've had letters from BOS about intended court action and am now so sick of them have suggested they get off their backsides and take me to court if they are so confident that Sainsbury's have complied. They are bunch of cretins! Good luck :)

The usual barmy, 'orrible and stupid response then.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

reallymadwoman, thanks for your reply :)

No doubt they will become our new best friends too (not!). Yes, after doing a bit of reading concerning these muppets, I can see we will have our work cut out for us!!

A CCA is being posted by recorded delivery today, so we will wait for the "show" to begin :-D

Thanks for wishing us good luck marjie06 :)

Thanks for your message Duffers Mum :)

I can't begin to tell you how much we are looking forward to dealing with B, O & S cretins, let the battle commence :D

With two oustanding CCA requests already on the go, I say bring it on!! We have had a gut ful of being treated like 2nd class citizens, now, thanks to the CAG, us "little people" can fight back with confidence :)

Mrs Z

Hi Misterzeus,

my dealings with BOS maybe a little out of date, approx 18 mths ago, however following my CCA request, they ignored it and did use the £1 fee towards my balance, sent a few scare letters, threatened court action, I sent a letter via here, and then they disappeared. I read a long time ago on this site that BOS are an internal collections team of Halifax bank of Scotland.

I know that BOS gave up on the debt due to no CCA, as I was tcontacted about the same debt by another DCA some 6 months later who were just as ignorant.

Hope it goes well for you, and glad you have sent your CCA off!!

Just keep it all in writing :D

Red

Yep, going through the motions with them, CCAd them, got yet another copy of my application form, sent letter to them telling them to go away, had a number of threats which haven't been caried out, now at the stage of you must ring us within 7 days to prevent further action ...... what will that be exactly ...... send another "we may" letter ? Shaking in my boots here not

I don't believe Blair, Oliver and Scott Ltd have the facilities to do anything other than phone or send standard letters.

In over four years, I have never received anything else from them at all. When I have finally received a 'proper' response it has always come from either Bank of Scotland or Halifax - which I get seems to be entirely random and bears no relation to which one of them held the account in the first place.

I have doubts about whether any real people actually work at their Rosyth address, and I suspect that any post with the possible exception of cheques/postal orders, is just binned. They certainly deny receiving any of it, even when you have proof it was delivered. Printing 'payment enclosed' on the outside of the envelope, regardless of whether it is or not, might help but I doubt it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

no need to worry about BOS.

Send them a detailed income and expend. form with a reasonable payment (even under 0.5%), show them you're offering the same % as other debtors, and they are fine. (They said on the phone they would accept but that that system would generate automatic letters).

Compared with LINK FINANCIAL, BOS are not exactly the 'good boys' of the DCA system, but not as underhand.

Link Financial bought my two debts, hired a Slovak company EOS (which claimed 30% more than I owed Link Financial)!!

Sleep soundly with BOS

Thanks for your message babydoll0141917.

With us, I presume time will tell as to whether or not they can come up with an enforcable agreement! Fingers crossed they don't, good luck to you that they don't with you either!

Thanks for your message reallymadwoman.

I have started to read through your thread, you've really been through the mill haven't you. We were lucky really because we found the CAG before Creditors/DCA's could do too much damage to us. Forewarned is definitley forearmed when dealing with their underhand and devious (to say the least) methods of collection!

The CCA to "Bizarre, Ostentatious and Surreal" (my new name for the toe rags) went off recorded on Saturday. They can ignore all they like but the clock will be ticking for them!!

Thanks for your message daviddd.

We were making token payments, but will stop now until they come up with the goods! As far as we're concerned, when we get treated with a little respect and dignity, we will afford them the same privilege!

Thanks for your message babybear, from reading the forums, we discovered who B, O & S were!

Thanks for your message Duffers Mum.

Hope you get your "battle" with BOS/Sainsbury sorted soon, good luck!

Regards Mrs Z :)

Thanks for your message reallymadwoman.

I have started to read through your thread, you've really been through the mill haven't you. We were lucky really because we found the CAG before Creditors/DCA's could do too much damage to us. Forewarned is definitley forearmed when dealing with their underhand and devious (to say the least) methods of collection!

Regards Mrs Z :)

But I'm definitely getting my own back now! I have to say though, that compared with some Blair Oliver and Scott are not that bad. Mind you, when we're comparing them with the lowest of the low, that's not saying much.

RMW

Good for you reallymadwoman!

TBH, I can't really comment too much on B, O & S yet, as we have only had the one letter. The way some of the other DCA's have treated us makes us automatically suspicious of any of them!!

Mr Z commented this morning how it has all gone quiet on the letter front, I reminded him last time that was said, we recieved a CCJ the next day!!

Regards, Mrs Z :)

Hi Mrs Z,

I think that you are very discerning regarding suspicions of DCAs. While there may be exceptions to the rule, I would always, always now check their entitlement to chase any debt, alleged or otherwise.

Mirroring what RMW has posted above, BOS appear to completely disregard any correspondence you send (other than when they cashed my CCA payment for £1, and then offset it against the balance), but that does not mean that they don't send you threatening letters to intimidate you into paying. However from experience it is relatively short-lived.

I really really hope that you do not receive anything more sinister through the post now that Mr Z has mentioned how quiet it is! You may need to allow him to chose a reasonably long-lasting gobstopper sweetie in the meantime, however I would think it unlikely that a CCJ would appear from BOS though (now I have my fingers, legs, arms and eyes crossed for you! ;))

Regards

Red

Thank you Red for your really kind message :)

Yes, if B, O & S want to use the £1 postal order sent for the CCA request and offset it against the balance, that's their prerogative!! It clearly states in the letter what it is for!! The clock will still be ticking for them. I have no doubt whatsoever that they will still send many intimidating letters (all the more ammo for us then!!).

I love the comment concerning giving Mr Z a reasonably long lasting gobstopper sweetie - he he, can't wait to tell him that one when he gets home tonight!!!! Actually, thinking about it, I do believe that it was I which made the comment about it all having gone quiet the last time! Whoops! Perhaps I should be made to eat the gobstopper!!

Thanks for keeping everything crossed (hope it's not too uncomfortable for you!!).

Regards, Mrs Z :)

other than when they cashed my CCA payment for £1, and then offset it against the balance

Same happened to me, what a scatter brain lot they are to make this silly mistake twice eh ??? ........ nahhhhh deliberate to make you contact them and think you have done something incorrect ...... stand your ground if they do this, write and make it clear it is not a payment but a statutory fee, also if they don't have a copy of the CCA then they really should return the fee to you

Evening Mrs Z (and hi harry the hawk), hope that you are not on-line because you and Mr Z are busy eating sweeties, and not because the posite delivered a nasty letter this am/pm ;).

HtH, I think that BOS like cashing the £1.00 fees, as they can probably use that in their annual success figures to RBOS. Funny how they can manage to read that the cheque is for them, but not be able to read that the fee must not be offset against the balance (written in red pen, underlined etc).

I dug out my paperwork from BOS for a laugh this eve, and completely forgot that my tale ended in Eversheds solicitors jumping on the bandwagon. I wrote to the top bod at Eversheds, reminding him of his client's disregard for the law by chasing an unenforceable and disputed debt. Then BOS disappeared (only to be replaced by another DCA!). What fun.

All quite upsetting and scary at the time, and with out the CAG, I think that panic would have set in.

At least Mrs Z, you can see that we are here to help, and sometimes, maybe even to make you smile!!

Red x

Hi BB, yes HBOS, I was trying to suggest that BOS as the internal dept would go to their colleagues within HBOS and say "oh look how good we are, we have received money from the clients who did not realise that we are not really a big scary DCA connected to you..." oh no, I am confusing myself now! LOL

Think I was putting RBOS as Royal Bank of Scotland, not HBOS.

Oops, I did not mean to confuse everyone...sorry!