Delfi101 vs Optima, Mercers and Barclays **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Case discontinued. We win!

Bargain! Very well done.

I have most of this to look forward to yet with this bunch. They've done the Harassment bit to death, next it'll be Court Threats no doubt.

Can't wait.

No, I really can't wait! I'm tired of their arrogance and silly games, it's high time they put up or shut up I think.

Cheers,

BRW

Thanks folks, you all make me feel quite tearful. I am chuffed to bits about this. 18 months of fight and in comes the towel from the blue corner.

It seems that with Paul's help we've managed to diss any heavy reliance on Rankine. Barclays placed huge prominence on this case both in private (without prejudice) communications and in their witness statement referring to it as 'new evidence'.

They backed down after a detailed 'sod off you're wrong' letter. I offered them the option to settle by dropping the case and they did.

So, as much as any 'creditor' may shout about Rankine and what it means, at least one big guy has backed down having attempted to rely on it.

D

• Haha 1

Thanks folks, you all make me feel quite tearful. I am chuffed to bits about this. 18 months of fight and in comes the towel from the blue corner.

It seems that with Paul's help we've managed to diss any heavy reliance on Rankine. Barclays placed huge prominence on this case both in private (without prejudice) communications and in their witness statement referring to it as 'new evidence'.

They backed down after a detailed 'sod off you're wrong' letter. I offered them the option to settle by dropping the case and they did.

So, as much as any 'creditor' may shout about Rankine and what it means, at least one big guy has backed down having attempted to rely on it.

D

Hi Delfi,

Well done!!!

This is what should always happen when you stand up to bullies.

Hopefully the same result for me very soon!!!:)

If you don't mind me asking, how close to the Court date did they eventually capitulate?

Best wishes, Jeff.

Oh we were about 3 months away in this case which I suspect is quite a long time. This was resolved before the pre-trial checklist was submitted.

My case was extremely strong & clear cut though and I think it was obvious to them that I wasn't going to back down.

A nail in the coffin for the Rankine offensive.

D

• Haha 1

D

Excellent news and very kind of you to offer to help others.

Looks like a lot of creditors are relying on the Rankines judgement now.

well done to you and Pt.:)

Well done Delfi101

Best wishes

Dogs

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

Superb result Delfi and well done you!! ;)

I have a couple of BC CCAs to deal with and may well come to you for help with letters when the time comes if that's OK with you.

What actually was the end result anyway ... did the write off the debt totally?

Jax

:cool:

Superb result Delfi and well done you!! ;)

I have a couple of BC CCAs to deal with and may well come to you for help with letters when the time comes if that's OK with you.

What actually was the end result anyway ... did the write off the debt totally?

Jax

:cool:

thats about the size of it, they have agreed a consent order as full and final settlement of the claim

Well done delfi101 glad to read that you have beat them. I have a case ongoing at the moment and the claimant has not followed the jugdes order to suply statement of account within 14 days (how do these people get away with it, am sure if I had speeding ticket and didnt pay within timescale then I would not be let off). would be grateful of any advice with my problem, its posted in the Legal issues section statute barred. If pt2537 wouldnt mind helping would be very appreciative

So they have done basically the same as the last case. Vaino got the same offer and he accepted.

Well paul i defo think this site would be lost without you, even if it is to answer my questions some of which are obvious.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well paul i defo think this site would be lost without you, even if it is to answer my questions some of which are obvious.

Thanks GM, what i do on the forum is often a thankless task , so its nice to have the work that we do recognised

i must point out that on this thread and many others people have shown their thanks, however i often get PMs from users almost demanding that i draft their defences for them and when i do i dont even get a thanks, so its nice to see that we are appreciated

In this case I made the offer ... not the other way around.

To all of you who have contacted me about details I've just got back from an 'outdoors weekend' and I'm shattered.

If I can I'll try to put up a summary (necessarily vague) tomorrow but for now I need a bath and to ache in private :)

D

Thanks GM, what i do on the forum is often a thankless task , so its nice to have the work that we do recognised

i must point out that on this thread and many others people have shown their thanks, however i often get PMs from users almost demanding that i draft their defences for them and when i do i dont even get a thanks, so its nice to see that we are appreciated

I certainly appreciate all you have done for me and the others on this forum, i try to do my own defences now (mainly based on yours mate, and try only to ask questions where im not sure.

As GM said the forum would would be lost without you, i definitely would be nowhere without your help.

Kind regards CCM

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Paul

i know i appreciate ur help even if i just ask what i feel are stupid questions now.

back when i was learning just under a year ago i had to many questions with not enough time in the day for them to be answered now i am giving the advise out.

D hope u enjoyed your outdoors w/e as i know i use to love them i know how u feel when u say u ache after one of those w/e.

well done for standing up to them and well done for making the offer. Sorry i assumed it was the other way round.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

HI PT2537, :)

I'll echo what CCM has said,

I appreciate every thing you do on here for all of us.

I have read threads where you are giving expert advise and the OP hasn't bothered to say thanks in hardly any of their replies.

It just goes to show what a kind sole you are.

As GM says, the more you teach us, the more we can pass on, and so save you the trouble. Problem is, we will never be as good as you,

Edited by questioning
added a bit,

Paul, you are without doubt one of the key strengths of CAG at the moment. So sorry to hear this.

Please do not be disheartened, I know the silent majority read all that you post and are very grateful indeed.

Please do keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

BRW

Paul, you are without doubt one of the key strengths of CAG at the moment. So sorry to hear this.

Please do not be disheartened, I know the silent majority read all that you post and are very grateful indeed.

Cheers,

BRW

Hi,

I can only echo these comments and others posted earlier.

I think without CAG and people like pt, I for one wouldn't have a clue, or the courage of how to deal with our problems with various financial companies etc!

It's people like pt who give people like me the strength to see things through to the end.

Without this help I think me and many others would of given hope right at the start!!!

So once again, many many thanks to pt and all others who have offered me valuable assistance or kind words of support!

Best wishes, Jeff.

Cheers,

BRW

I agree with all the comments made here, I am sure the majority of people are extremely grateful for your patience and assistance. {{{}}} :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D