Purchased house who pays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi not really the right section but hopefully someone might be able to help. Been in a house for a few months and doing some work which needs plug sockets to be moved. The guy who had the house before was an electrican, however it turns out he was a cowboy and the kitchen needs a fully rewire. Had this now from 2 companies.

Would it be possible for him to pay?

No. That should have been picked up in your surveys.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

how could it be picked out in the survey it was only when the sockets were removed it ws found to contain lighting wire.

The electrics of the house should have been surveyed. I dont know how they do it - hence why I am not a surveyor :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

The electrics of the house should have been surveyed. I don't know how they do it - hence why I am not a surveyor :)

Every house survey I've seen has mulititudinal get outs like:

"We were unable to gain access to the flat roof, and we recommend that the services of a reputable roofing contractor are engaged and a report obtained on this.

"The gas central heating system was not examined, and we recommend that the services of a reputable gas engineer are engaged and a report obtained on this.

"The electrical installation and appliances were not examined, and we recommend that the services of a reputable electrical engineer are engaged and a report obtained on this."

I have seen eight of the above on one report, which made me think there was not much else to be surveyed.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.