Ideas for a good letter to Moorcrap Morons please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there good peeps

I CCA'd Moorcroft on 10th June and today this letter arrived.

Dear Pennypitsop

I write in response to your recent dispute to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with Tesco Personal Finance who advised us that you must contact them directly. Tesco have advised us that you will need to enclose a covering letter quoting 'section 78 request' and that you will also need to enclose a cheque or postal order for £1.00. On receipt of your request Tesco will be able to provide you with this information. I can confirm I have placed your account on hold until 03/08/08. However if you are unhappy with the information provided please contact us by return.

As I mentioned, I have already CCA'd them (Moorcroft) along with my £1.00 postal order. This was on 10th June and signed for on 11th June. I checked on Royal Mail website.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a suitable reply please?

OOps, forgot to add that I did receive a 'Notice of Intended Litigation' letter from Moorcrap on 14th July 08 too.

Penny P

x

Guest forgottenone

Quick question, as I am about to CCA them myself ... which address did you use? Was it the PO Box or registered? Snap, on the letter score btw.

Guest forgottenone

Thanks.

Watch out they don't nick your quid too

Yeah, they can be crafty so and sos at times ... ;):D

*hastily retypes letter amending address*

I tend to include a statement along the lines of "The enclosed payment is solely for my CCA/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)* request and is not to be used as acknowledgement of the alleged debt or to be used for any other purpose".

* delete as appropriate

Edited by OnMyWayOut
crap typing

They are wrong.... they need to pass the CCA request to Tesco themselves. There's no need to re-CCA anyone, so do nothing for now and wait for someone to contact you from Tesco (or not, if Moorcroft have bought it ;))

Keep hold of all correspondence.

Moorcroft are just trying it on, that's all. They're well aware of CCA law....

Thank you for straightening that one out for me PriorityOne. I'll just wait for one or the other to get in touch. They must nearly be out of time to provide the CCA by now - it was sent on 10th June. :)

Thanks Onmywayout for the good advice :)

Penny P

x

Guest forgottenone

Yes, was gonna mention that but ... had literally seconds to get out the door or miss train etc, no posting done today ... re obligations. Fully expecting to get the same reply you received.