CDUK - Egg Card - what should I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have had a letter from CDUK stating that we must contact them within 3 days to pay a credit card debt to EGG via them for just over £7000.00. EGG cancelled the account earlier this year, direct debit was cancelled and we couldn't afford the massive payment of nearly £1000 that EGG wanted in arrears by a couple of weeks ago so they defaulted us.

Never heard of CDUK before, and would appreciate any advice on them or where we should go from here.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

You have been a member of CAG for some time so I'm sure you're aware of the 1st rule. NEVER contact them by phone but only in writing.

Someone with knowledge of CDUK will be along soon I'm sure to help, but it is not a name I know. Good luck.

Hi

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have had a letter from CDUK stating that we must contact them within 3 days to pay a credit card debt to EGG via them for just over £7000.00. EGG cancelled the account earlier this year, direct debit was cancelled and we couldn't afford the massive payment of nearly £1000 that EGG wanted in arrears by a couple of weeks ago so they defaulted us.

Never heard of CDUK before, and would appreciate any advice on them or where we should go from here.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi redgirl

Could you give more details of the circumstances in which Egg "cancelled" the account - do you mean Egg terminated the account?

If Egg terminated the account, what was the reason given by Egg?

Were you in default of the agreement? - that is to say were you in arrears?

If you were in arrears, what had Egg done about it before it terminated the account?

It is important to know these things if you are to get the best advice.

Post all the relevant info as soon as you can.

regards