Parking sharks in fast food car parks!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a parking ticket from Met parking £100 or £50 if i pay up with no fuss or else!:mad: But the thing is, that i just can't chew that down, not with a Mcdonalds too. Which is the place of the so called offence! :rolleyes:

It all started when i was due to meet friends for lunch at McD's Billingsgate by the way. 1 of my friends had broken down but was on route so it turned out that i had stayed longer than the alotted time of 1hour by 15mins.

I wrote as instructed to the MPS to give a satisfactory reason for the oversite.:-) But to my astonishment, alas i was tipped B******* & the anty was raises to £125.:eek: So i wrote again to see if my letter had been misunderstood?!?:confused: To this my reply was NO B******* now its £150 & i think the sharks are coming around again for another bite!!!:mad:

How is this possible to charge a parking fine for eating at the resturant the car park belongs to??? What can i do now? Do i say B******* & lets go to court?

you would need to show us the text of your letters to them and of their letter to you before you can get considered advice that addresses the details.

until then stop writing to them !

who instructed you to write to MET ?

they are not fines. read the stickies.

you would need to show us the text of your letters to them and of their letter to you before you can get considered advice that addresses the details.

sorry about the repeats but we need get factual if we are progress this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/

The first 8 posts in this link. They have the word Sticky in front of them.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

these are stickies Lee ;-)

Sticky: Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters(3 Viewing) (multipage.gif 123)

Bernie_the_Bolt

21st July 2008 12:20

by itfrank lastpost.gif

5915,377 Sticky: Private Parking Companies/Charges - Advice Paper (everything you need to know)(3 Viewing) (multipage.gif 12345 ... Last Page)

petej2811

20th July 2008 01:15

by wowiezowie lastpost.gif

11333,361 Sticky: Clamping Guide

pin1onu

3rd July 2008 21:13

by pin1onu lastpost.gif

81,723Sticky: Fight a Motoring Ticket Pack - Back in Stock - £9.99 plus £1 p&p.

alanfromderby

26th June 2008 22:22

by alanfromderby

0208Sticky: Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

Bernie_the_Bolt

19th June 2008 08:44

by zigi lastpost.gif

66,206 Sticky: what needs to be in PCNs for the new Act

tomterm8

19th April 2008 17:10

by tomterm8 lastpost.gif

21,258Sticky: Changes to DPE from April '08

green_and_mean

28th February 2008 20:53

by Recycler lastpost.gif

111,291 Sticky: Are you in the dark? Have you received an unfair parking penalty?

BankFodder

good luck :)

honey x

This place uses a number plate recognician system. Photographs every thing on entry then on exit and they work out who's offending the time limit, then they send them with pics of u leaving with time & date stamp. Didn't even now about it til 2 months later!!!

they are not fines. read the stickies.

sorry about the repeats but we need get factual if we are to progress this.

how does the cctv work out who the driver is ? It can't !!

may I suggest some time spent studying the stickies will put in a better position. once you get your head around this the easier it will be to help you.

Absolutely nothing.

It's a [problem].

• don't pay

• don't contact them again

ignore any letters you receive, no matter how threatening

• they will go away after 5/6 letters

• they will not take you to court

• they don't have a legal leg to stand on

The letters you receive will be full of lies to try and get you to cave in and pay up e.g. threat of CCJs, courts costs and statements of liability. It's all a load of rubbish.

Met Parking are well known here.

The law does not allow private companies to impose financial penalties for alleged breach of contract. They know that and do not want to go to court because they'll lose. So they try and frighten people into coughing up with scary letters.

Their whole [problem] rests on the basis of a sign saying "if you do x, or don't do x, you agree to pay £75". The law does not work like that.

Here is a link for the Dummies guide i told you about. It will show you how to get your papers on here, among other stuff. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .