• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

No Worries Loans and Yes Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having just read all these stories i wish i had before i gave my bank details over the phone most of what has been said happened to me but they asked for a coppy of my last bank statement and a photo copy of my bank card front and rear at this point i stopped them in thier tracks and told them i was not interested in thier loana nd under no cicumstances would i give them coppies of my bank card and that they were not aloowed to withdraw 69.95 from my account that i would not be using them but low and behold they have taken the funds leaving me overdrawn at the bank and now i will have bank charges toi deal with too and not get my money back from either source oh and good old brittish banking system they wont recall the funds either about time for a maj change in the law and banking system and still the loan emails come in hundreds of them every day what a mug never again all through one request for a loan with hbos who redirected me to another company why bother :-x

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i too have made the exact same mistake, i went to the bank and changed my card details and they refunded my money but i recieved a letter a few days ago sayin theyd spoke to no worries and that i did authorise the payment, when i never! so today 20-12-10 the bank have taken the 79.95 out of my bank and im certain im over drawn now which is so annoying!! all i want is my money back but i dont no how, ive read the rest of the stories but it seems pointless to write in if im not goin to get my money back,?? help someone

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

What fascinating reading! My story of course is similar! I have been living overseas for many years, so my credit rating is zilch here and I, (who must have had been devoid of any intelligence when I called these people) gave my debit card number over the telephone after being bamboozled by one of their "advisors" who assured me that I would not lose any money! I cancelled my agreement as per their terms and conditions and wrote to their Wales office, requesting a refund (well within the stated 14 days) and to date have heard nothing!

I have tried to call customer services, waste of time, as has been pointed out and I even tried the call back service, as advised here in the thread. Agent was "unable to discuss" and stated that he would put me through to cs and of course, on hold and nothing!

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman, who will write to them today for me and they have until the 8th February to respond, which will take it to the 8 week period. I shall sit back and wait and see if they contact me, but I shall not let it go! I shall let the FO deal with this now, who also told me to keep a record of all my calls to them and I could claim for those also!

It is worrying that people are psychologically bombarded into giving over precious card details so that this can happen. I talked it over with my bank who stated that as I had returned to the UK, I could have a loan after six months of having my account with them, that was three months ago and I shall wait for that to come through, in the meantime, the loan I wanted was for a car, however, my father has loaned me his!

I have gained lots of helpful advice from this thread and sympathise with all who have suffered as a result of this and the poster who has given all the helpful information and detailed how this company works, thank you! It certainly made me sit up and think.

I have a template of a letter that I wrote to No Worries if any one would like a copy. For me now, it is way past the money stage and getting a refund, it is the damage that's done and I have the tools to do what I can to gain my money back, some people do not!

I have learned a hard lesson, I hope many have and the reason why these companies work, is because people do exactly as I and many others have done and that is give over our card details and allow them to work! It is not the agents fault, they are as has been pointed out, simply doing their job, pointless taking it out on them, however, I know I would have a problem working for a company like this who uses such tactics.

I hope I get somewhere with the financial ombudsman!

Good luck everyone who is trying to deal with this!

can any one help me please,i dealt with no worries loans last october,they took my money and then they didnt come up with the services provided,i instructed my bank to refund the money,which they did,i recieved a letter late december saying no worries loans were disputing this,i faxed a letter back to the bank saying i was conned but lo and behold i recived a letter today from the bank telling me it is a dispute between myself and the lender so the bank have given the money back! to no worries loans!

what do i do!,i did send a letter to no worries asking for my money back,not recorded but nothing came back,what do i do!

any help or templates that i can use would be really helpful,sorry for such a long letter

Your chargeback was disputed because you applied to No Worries, and they are in (apparently) 98% of disputes able to produce recordings of you consenting to pay the fee and properly instructed that you must make a refund request in writing. Chargebacks do not exist to help you be lazy, they exist to help you reclaim your money when you cannot get it back by normal means. If you perform a chargeback before seeking a proper refund it can and will delay your refund by up to 8 weeks as they dispute the chargeback and refuse to provide your refund until the situation is resolved (they wont refund you while the bank is still mulling it over). Do the following, and keep a diary of who you talk to, when you talk to them and what they say to you.

---

1) Write in, recorded delivery, remember to keep your royal mail tracking number. Normal letters tend to get "lost" somehow.

2) Call in the day after your RD letter arrives, make sure they've received it. They will have no excuse if your RD tracker shows it being delivered and signed for.

3) Call in 31 days later - long enough that they should have refunded you when you call - because they automatically decline refund requests. Always with the same excuse that you had a "pending" application with one of their lenders, even when you have clearly declined all three pathetic offers. Mark it on your calendar, you will have to chase them. Yes loans will tell you to wait 4-5 days for a cheque in the post, No Worries will tell you to wait 4-5 days for the refund back on to your bank card.

4) Wait out this period. If your cheque/refund comes then good for you. If not, call in again and demand they do it again. Sometimes even if you chase, they just wont bother doing it.

5) If you still don't get it - chargeback.

---

The reality is that it is normal for it to take up to 2 months to get a refund out of them with all their stalling, telling you it'll take a few days, then the delay cashing a cheque / waiting for their card payment to clear. Its unfortunate that people have to go to these lengths to get their money back from a company promising so much and delivering so little, especially since they are allegedly regulated by the OFT and FOS. I still know plenty of guys who work there and while some think its sickening, others think its funny and most wish they were somewhere else - all of them know that you have to chase them relentlessly to get your money back.

• 1 month later...
Hi

First off - sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

I think the best way to describe this case is to copy the letter which I wrote to ''No Worries Loans''

That was the first one.... I still have not yet received contact from this company and they have my money... they told me that they're waiting on the ''tapes'' of the telephone conversation and the request has been sent to India but it'll take several weeks to come through...!!

The second company was ''Yes Loans''. They ''guaranteed' to offer me a loan and after several attempts with a number of different creditors, were unable to offer me one.

Yes Loans sent me to another agency which was going to declare me ''unable to pay my bills'' and write letters to my bank stating that I couldn't pay my overdraft, which was complete lies... they kept asking me ''are you struggling to pay your bills?'' to which I replied ''no I'm not''... ''are you sure?'' was the response I'd get. They explained that this company would only give me the money if they thought I was ''struggling''... I obviously decided not to take this course of action and called them asking for a refund of the £59.50 which I gave them for helping me to find a loan. They told me to write an email stating that I wanted a refund, which I did. Six weeks later, I still have not received the funds back....

I really don't know what to do next..... :-| I feel like such a complete mug for making the same mistake twice.

Grateful for advice

i had the same thing happen to me no worries loans took 69.50 and yes loans took same one day later,sent letters,email,phone calls,finallly got a refund in bank this morning of 64.50 minus 5 pound admin fee,sent letter to yes loans lost one sent another,say it will be refunded in 30 days,will let you know how i get on.catwomen 51

Got done with no worries loans took out 69.50,next day yes loans did the same,bank charges plus phone calls plus emails,then all of a sudden was told it would be going into bank,and guess what on saturday it was credited with 64.50,sent another letter to yes loans,got lost in post,sent another one,customer services said they had received it and would take 30 days,so will wait and see.catwomen51

just a message to say,i sent a recorded letter on the 26/1/2011 never heard anything,i sent another 1 on the 3/3/11 and a 1 just yesterday 15/3/11,what do i do now,what number do i ring to confirm they recieved the letter

Moxy Hi,

catwomen51,

no worries loans and yes loans,

i phoned x amount of times,

posted letters,

recorded delivery,

till last sat they said money would be put in bank minus 5 pound,

no worries,

paid out first,

but yes loans says to wait 31 days to get the money back,

but to be on the safe time,

am going to phone a couple of times.

phone number i used customer services 08448569111,address Yes Loans Ltd,Tintern House,William Brown Close,Liantarnam,Cwnbran,NP44 3AB:sad::mad2::mad2:

• 2 weeks later...

I asked for a loan from no worries back in december 2010, i was told to pay £69.00 which i did, weeks later i had still not been put in touch with a company. i called them back around 5 times within the next week and eventually gave up and asked for my money back, i have had to call them every day and each call has taken around 20 minutes to get through if i am lucky. I managed to get though and ask for my funds back and i was told they needed this in writing, i faxed the information immediately and was told that it would take anything up to 30 days for the funds to be deposited back into my account, one month went by and i called back 3 times, eventually i was told a cheque had been paid into my account which should clear within 3 working days. three days came and went and i called back again, this time i was told that the funds take time to clear, another 3 days, how much interest is being gained by doing this to every loan applicant? I only got back £65.00 from the £69.00 i originally paid them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR YES LOANS EITHER THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME COMPANY AND THEY ENDEAVOUR TO KEEP YOUR FUNDS if you dont have patience to see this through to the bitter end as it is a complete battle.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently applied to no worries and went through a detailed 20 minutes call with all of my debts and payments etc only to be told at the end of the call that there would be a £69.95 charge (they already had my bank details) I advised them that on no account were they to debit my account with that amount I could not afford it, that's why I was applying for a loan! I did not want the loan and ended the call.

On 29 March I checked my bank account and lo and behold the £69.95 had been taken.

I phoned up and they said I would have to write and ask for a refund which i did recorded delivery sent 31 March.

To date nothing....so I rang them again today and they told me that because my debt had been marked as 'fraudulent' they would have to go through my debts again and prove what I owed before a refund would be granted!

I have been off of work with stress through my debts and had been getting better but am now dangerously near to going back on my medication because of this persons attitude. I can't remember all of my debts as it's being managed by a debt management company who i am quite happy with, but all this girl kept saying was that they could offer me a better deal and that they had every right to ask me these questions to prove that i wasn't fraudulent!

DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY FOR A LOAN !!!!!!!

By law now these companies must say if they are only brokers and not finance companies

they are talking bovine excrament and you are believing it

send a recorded 14 day letter before action and cite

consumer protection from unfair trading regulations at them

oft and immediate county court action for repayment

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I too have been conned by no worries loans. I only made an enquiry and they asked for as they told me to check if i was credit worthy the next thing I know they have removed some money from my bank account. I told them it was only an enquiry then I get paperwork through from them which i have not signed and 8 texts telling me they had found a lender for me. when I got a letter from FLM loans and saw that they wanted a guarantor then i read the small print one said the person was not liable for my debt if i did not pay it the other one said they were.

I sent and told them I wanted to cancel and they told me i could not cancel but i had not even then signed any forms, luckily i had friends who knew the law and they have now stepped in and managed to cancel the loan., now i am fighting no worries loans because they have just taken 2 more lots of money from my bank account. i have written to them but still no reply what do i do now

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone else in this position. Listen up here's what to do. I have been waiting for over 6 months to get my money back - DONT ! If you paid for the admin fee via your credit card get in touch with the fraud dept. and they will refund you money and fight it out with the loan company direct. If you paid with your debit card you only have 4 MONTHS MAX so do it now get in touch with the banks fraud dept and again they will fight it on your behalf. Or you could just do what I did and sent a letter from a 'solicitor' with an estimated fee account of £2,000 for their charges and state that you will be sueing them for your admin fee plus any fees incurred. Guarantee you will get a refund. Got mine 2 days after letter was sent and just for safe measure I also reported them to Financial Omibusman (OFT), trading standards, watchdog and pretty much anyone else that would listen. They are crooks and I was told on at least 12 occasions that the cheque was in the post. And just as a sweeter I sent them 4-5 Recorded Delivery Letters without putting any postage on so they would have to pay at their end.........................

• 2 months later...

Im only writing on here because I cant stand cold calling and im recieving calls from numerous numbers who I beleive are all the same company no worries, money worries etc.

These guys have got such a vast amount of fraud stories online and I want to see them got.. as I havnt handed any money over given them the time of day I dont really have much of a story but you lot do... so please contact watchdog to tell your story and how its effected you... I dont know how it works or how likely it is your story will be put on TV but if alot of you do it, you may get somewhere.

Send your story to watchdog by going to the watchdog site and clicking on "Your Story" on the menu. (I'd put the link up but it wont let me send this message with links in it)

• 1 month later...

I have had various problems trying to get my so called "admin fee" refunded from yes loans. I have gone through all the correct procedures as stated in their terms and conditions but still no refund.

Call#1 = called to confirm they have recieved my letter and will be recieving my refund after 28 days of receipt of my cancellation letter. They told me no problems, theyve recieved the letter.

Call#2 = after 28 days still no refund. They apologised, the person i spoke to said he will personally take it up with the admin dept. and I will definately receive refund into my account within a week.

Call#3 = a week later still no refund. Called again and they said the refund was definately processed 2 days ago and should be in my account within days dependant on how long my bank takes to clear the funds.

Call#4 = surprise, surprise a week later and still no refund. This time they apologised and said they seem to have sent a cheque to the wrong address! When I asked which address it was where I had lived 10 years ago and 2 address previously! He said they`ll send another cheque out immediately!

Well 2 weeks later and still no refund! As you can see it appears I have been fed lie after lie! After first saying the refund will be back in my account they then changed there story to say they were sending a cheque! I really dont know where to go from here. I wont be wasting my money calling anymore.

I wont give up and will now start sending letters and going down the legal route. Will keep you informed of my progress. I have a feeling its going to be a long old process though!

Its just a shame these companies can`t be as genuine as they like to promote themselves! Please I warn you I have had no end of stress from this and i`m sure there are many others with my experience In my opinion I would steer clear of Yes loans!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I need some serious advice on yes loans, I was initially ok about paying my brokers fee untill I was given some really bad medical news and needed an,operation. Due to this I had to give up my job and live on 120 fortnightly benefits, I rang yes loans to tell them this and to get the 70 brokers fee postponed untill my benefits where sorted which they did for 10 days 28/10/11 it was now due out, what I didnt realise at the time was that yes loans should have cancelled my application there and then given that I dont fit their criteria anymore by being unemployed I was just too stressed at the time to realise this. my benefits went in and I realised I did not have enough to cover the brokers fee, I started trying to phone the cusomer services number from phone box as I have no landline and their 084 num is barred from my mobile, I spent a fortune and couldnt get through to cancel the payment or to arrange to pay it in installments. So when the 28/10/11(friday) came they would have tried to take the 70 out my empty account, I dont know what will happen now if i'll have a bank charge or when they'll try abd take it again, my next fortnightly benefit is due in on the tuesday coming2/11/11 and I dont know if they'll take it from this, I only get 120 for the fortnight and if they take their 70 i'll only have 50 left for the fortnight for myself and my 3 yr old daughter. Does anyone know a number for yes loans thats not 084. Has anyone got an email address for yes loans, any help will b appreciated. X

Hi im going through the same thing with yes loans, they where due to take out 69.pound on the 28/10/11 but my account was emty, I know i'll have a bank charge but im more worryed about what yes loans will do next im due money in on tuesday and dont know if they'll keep trying to take the money, meaning i'll keep getting bank charges untill they get the 70, help please any advice [email protected] if anyone has an email address for anyone at yes loans let me know thank you x

• 1 month later...

thread closed please start your own thread

see my sig

also with ref to chargeback

the rules have changed since first posted

if you get stung

phone oyur bank

demand a chargeback

keep going up the chain till you get it.

do not back ddown

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks