Final Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am asking for some advice I have just recived a final demand from a private parking firm CPS they are asking for £176 I wrote to this company back in may asking for evidence that i was the driver on the day in question and that I had entered knowingly into this contract I heard nothing until now I was wondering of my next course of action please advise, should contact the debt company explaning the situation or what thanks again

Hi I am asking for some advice I have just recived a final demand from a private parking firm CPS they are asking for £176 I wrote to this company back in may asking for evidence that i was the driver on the day in question and that I had entered knowingly into this contract I heard nothing until now I was wondering of my next course of action please advise, should contact the debt company explaning the situation or what thanks again

Eddie,

I wouldn't bother doing anything. If they haven't provided you with the evidence that a debt exists at this stage then they are unlikely to. If you feel you need to do something then write again to again deny the debt, ask them to either substantiate their allegations or Foxtrot Oscar. Use the template letters in the stickies section at the top of this forum to give you a basic setting for your letter. If you haven't already done so, read the Private Parking Companies/Charges guide which is also in the stickies section.

You will in all likelihood be subjected to several more threatening letters asking for money and threatening you with CCJs, bailiffs and so on. These normally don't eventuate as they have a very weak case without proof of who the driver was. When you take into account the existing case law on penalty clauses and statute law on unfair terms in contracts their case gets even weaker. These cases very rarely make it to court. You can safely ignore these threats. Keep their threats on file in case they are foolish enough to take you to court.

If you need any advice or support post back here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely ignore any letters you receive. They will go away in 2 or 3 letters time.

The debt collectors are probably CPS under a different guise. Because you contacted them, they know you exist and were rattled enough to contact them, therefore could be rattled enough to pay up.

CPS are a nasty little company (in my humble opinion) and they have been known to take people to the small claims court, so it is possible they will not go away. Should they take this course of action come back here or go to pepipoo.com and post in their parking section. There are several people there who know them well and will be able to assist you.

CPS are one of the [very] few PPC companies who actually take people to court. They have won a few [badly] defended cases but spectacularly failed in Oldham recently when they came across a "proper" defence. They have been known to troll these forums attempting to obtain driver information by matching postings with their tickets.

However even CPS would not pursue a case where the identity of the driver was uncertain, hence the advice to not engage with them.

This goes especially for Daniel Silverman. They act simply as debt collectors, they have no powers, all they can do is ask you for money. Any decision to issue MCOL [small claims] proceedings would be down to CPS.

Best advice really is to do nothing but ignore all correspondance short of genuine court papers. In the [very, very] unlikely event of CPS taking things further, you will obtain help from here in submitting a "proper" defence that will blow any CPS case out of the water.

Thanks for the advice these people are the real **** of the earth they make you feel so angry they have no evidence that i was the driver and there date on the ticket is wrong just makes you think how many people have paid these sort of fines

thanks again i will keep posting on here of what happens (knowing my luck court)

(knowing my luck court)

I think £176 will guarantee that there will be 'no' court claim. This is a penalty charge and the courts will not tolerate them as has been shown in a previous attempt to get the court to do their dirty work for them.

Don't worry, thousands of people get these fake charges every year. They will go away if you ignore them.

They want you to be worried so you'll be scared into paying. It's all part of their game plan.

There are usually one or two court cases every year (out of thousands and thousands of these invoices). We've had two this year, in both of which the PPC were given a sound beating.

Not a single defended case has been successful for the parking companies. By defended I don't mean lawyers or solicitors getting involved, but merely writing a paragraph of defence on the court papers.

Usually they chicken out, as they're hoping you won't bother defending. But you've got to be pretty dim to ignore a letter from your local court. On other occasions the judge sees exactly what's going on and strikes it out before it proceeds.

Chances of court action are miniscule. Chances of you losing if you defend is 0.

Don't contact them again and do not mention any more details of the event on here or in any PMs..

CPS do like to publicise their court wins (i.e not defended of very badly defended) but they don't publish their losses ! their stats are out their on the web.

CPS even pay for sponsored links on google in an attempt to steer people away from getting to the truth about PPC invoices so direct victims to their own very questionable 'advice.

the reason they publish these cases is to instill fear. the legal advice on the site was laughable last time I looked at it.

I recall seeing details of once case and when they were asked "how do you know that Mr A was the driver" their response was "we just know" naturally this do not get them very far.

What a strong case that was then :) :) :)

If they do issue real court papers there are plenty of people (as mentioned above) who will assist - and you would prevail as they have no basis and are charging a penalty.

What are the odds a CPS troll will come along now I have posted this ?

Edited by lamma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Only
If they do issue real court papers
The OP has not mentioned any court papers. The OP has not posted for 10 months.

and
There are several people there who know them well and will be able to assist you.
This appears to be an offer of assistance on the forum.

I'm yet to see any requests for assistance on the basis of any court papers, however, which makes your question entirely redundant.

I was quoting (the quotation marks are a really big clue that it is a quotation) the great Perky in homage to that great bastion of PPC logic, self proclaimed as 'legally qualified' and 'consultant' to the PPC stars. I am heartened to see that you class him as "talking utter rubbish". Thanks for that.