Cabot! My favourite new playmates!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the response babybear, I was beginning to feel unloved!!

I will, I just wish I had (as I imagine most posters do) done this years ago. I can't tell you how much I have endured from Cabot over the years and will try to push them as much as they have tried to push me!

Thanks again

Nothing to get excited about, just a standard letter explaing the original creditor is having trouble locating the information and they will put my account on hold (wow......thanks).

When am I going to have a real person contact me rather than having to exchange dialouge with what appears to be a template machine??!!

I have received two out five I have sent so far!!

Guest forgottenone
When am I going to have a real person contact me rather than having to exchange dialouge with what appears to be a template machine??!!

Yes, but the thing is ... they employ umpalumpas in their dungeons at DCA Horrortowers ... and the poor things stamp all day and stamp all night ... never see the light of day ... they fool us all into thinking they have at least a PC ... when the terrible truth is ... they have enslaved this little known species ... paying them nothing but bread and water.

I am, of course, kidding! But ... with some irony on the whole DCA industry in general. As it's all a mockery, a circus and ... well, if you told a friend or someone in a million years what it was like ... they'd think it wasn't true or ... never having experienced it ... find it far fetched.

And one day ... a really big, nasty dragon will slay these tomfoolers ... once and for all. Then, in a far off land, in another time, another place ... we will all be treated fairly. I hear someone, even now is penning this next Lord of the Rings epic ... and will be a masterpiece of modern times, a legacy of how things used to be, in times and lands once gone by.

The above is to be taken with a pinch of salt! But ... well, really ... DCA's do not appreciate how 'funny' they are ... and what entertainment one can both glean but mine from. ;)

Ha ha..... I have taken with a pinch of salt. But has a certain ring of truth.....

So phone diallers leaving pre-recorded messages on your answer machines and machines sending you pre-written letters....... makes you wonder how many 'real' people do actually work there!!

Ha ha..... I have taken with a pinch of salt. But has a certain ring of truth.....

So phone diallers leaving pre-recorded messages on your answer machines and machines sending you pre-written letters....... makes you wonder how many 'real' people do actually work there!!

'0'

• 2 months later...

Yep set about working out the charges and add contractual interest - there is a template on CAG somewhere you just enter each penalty, the date applied and the spreadsheet will automatically calculate how much it all comes to. Once you have this you can see if the penalties exceed the debt. however the tricky bit is how to ask for them back without admitting to the debt. There is also two schools of thought here that is either you a) apply to OC for refund or b)the DCA and I don't know which is correct.

Cabot did that to me, sent a load of statements, an alleged deed of assignment (obviously typed by themselves) and a letter of introduction and said they had complied, when I rang them they admitted, twice, that Goldfish have said they cannot provide a copy agreement, they have now registered information at the CRA's which I have responded to by sending them a letter telling them to remove it or I will take further action.

I've told them, not a penny they will get, until they provide the correct documentation.

They are another bunch of cretins who think they can do what they like!

Good luck :)

Edited by Duffers Mum

One week after sending statements (overdue charge on every one) and what they are calling a signed credit agreement (no bigger than a postcard!) they have sent me a letter saying they are applying for judgement/AOE etc......

What should I send back? Any advice would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you upload what you've been sent to photobucket?

I am assuming it just a threatagram from Crapbot, and not a court claim from Northampton Bulk Centre?

Can you post up what they call an "agreement"?

The most appropriate response is almost certainly the "Account In Dispute" letter.

SH

Hi thisholly

You could try this (pinched from bigandy's thread)

Re: Cabot Ref No. xxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 11 April 2008. I shall reply to the points you have raised in order, if I may.

I thank you for the copy of the application form that I signed and returned to Littlewoods. Unfortunately, it does is not appear to be a properly executed agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, as was my request that you supply. I am sure that I do not need to explain to you why it is not so, as your legal background will no doubt allow you to determine for yourself that the document supplied falls far short of that which would be relied upon in a court of law to enforce any purported debt. I am surprised that you have offered it as such.

You note that I am concerned that Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited has no legal right to share my data. This remains my belief, and nothing that you have said causes me to change my mind regarding this. I have AT NO TIME authorised Barclaycard or any company within the Cabot Financial Group of Companies to share or otherwise process my personal data. You mention that in particular paragraph 6 of Schedule 2, permits disclosure of such information to and by credit reference agencies without the customers’ consent. I am afraid that I make a totally different interpretation of that paragraph, which states

“6. - (1) The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where the processing is unwarranted in any particular case by reason of prejudice to the rights and freedoms or legitimate interests of the data subject.

(2) The Secretary of State may by order specify particular circumstances in which this condition is, or is not, to be taken to be satisfied. “

I invite you to explain to me why you feel you have a legitimate right to process, contrary to my rights and freedoms and legitimate interests. Failing that, please show me where the Secretary of State has specified any particular circumstances which allow you to process my data.

Accordingly, I am again unable to acknowledge that any debt exists. I would suggest that all that you have said and produced to date in support of your claim that I owe anything to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited would fail if used to support any attempt at enforcement through the courts.

Yours Faithfully

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.