style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've read quite a few of the posts here already and there is some good info in there. But just wanted to give my specific facts to see if there is anything I'm missing before I challenge.

We parked on a 'market street' on a Sunday, for about 20 mins. We've done this many times before and many other people do this too. We were therefore shocked when we saw the ticket on the windscreen. We had a look around to see what the signs would say - they were very confusing but we think they mean that parking is restricted all the time - with loading restricted to specific times.

We checked the Council's website to see if they had any information about that area, and it turns out that the street we parked on is a controlled parking zone. However, the restriction is stated to be 8 - 6:30 Mon to Sat. Confusing...but what we thought before we parked there.

In addition to this, the information given to us regarding challenging the PCN differs on the PCN itself from the website - the PCN states that the reduced penalty may still be paid if the challenge is rejected, but the website states that is you decide to make a challenge (formal representation) you must pay the full penalty.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this scenario?

It may just be that we made wrong assumptions...but there were many other people parked on the road that day, and we couldn't see any other tickets having been issued.

Thanks.

K-A

A photo of the location and any signs would help!

But based on the info so far...

If you make an informal representation the Council are saying they will hold the discount, however a formal appeal is against the Notice to Owner at which stage the discount period has passed.

A Controlled zone does NOT mean outside that time ALL parking is unrestricted, you could for example get a ticket on a double yellow line, disabled bay or even a single yellow line that had a different time indicated on its timeplate.

Thanks for that. I can't post the photos right now, but will post them later.

The street in question is pedestrianised, but cars can go down them. There are no yellow lines at all. So I'm not sure how the control zone hours square with the sign we think says parking is not allowed at all...

The sign has two parts - first with a small circle with a line across it, saying 'pedestrian zone, at anytime'. Second 'no loading - 8 - 6:30 Mon to Sat'. I'm just wondering why bother to have it as a controlled zone with specific hours and then a sign which implies that you can never park there at all!

Any thoughts?

K-A

The sign sounds like a 'pedestrian zone....no parking at any time' sign which means you can load but not park. The second sign prohibits loading 8-6.30 mon to sat ie when its busy with pedestrians so at that time you cannot park or load. So on a Sunday you can load or unload all day but not park. :(

The sign sounds like a 'pedestrian zone....no parking at any time' sign which means you can load but not park. The second sign prohibits loading 8-6.30 mon to sat ie when its busy with pedestrians so at that time you cannot park or load. So on a Sunday you can load or unload all day but not park. :(

I'd be very surprised if you can load or unload all day! ;)

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.