Fredrickson International on behalf of T-Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wondered if you guys/girls could help me with this.

I have received a letter from Fredrickson International saying i owe T-Mobile 137.53 and that after repeated requests??? i have failed to pay the amount owed. This is the first time i have heard from FI

I used to have a contract with T-Mobile but after having the services of T-Mobile for nearly 10 years i decided to give the phone and contract up once my 12 months was over (this was renewed everytime i upgraded my phone). That was about 3 years ago never heard a peep from them since.

Now apparently i owe 137.53. What can i do here, i dont owe this money and surely they cant after 3 years just turn round and say i owe them 137 quid. They didnt say anything at the time and my account was settled and closed

I want them to prove it, how do i go about this because i was under the impression you cannot CCA a mobile company?

I'd sugest contacting T-Mobile and saying that they have not contacted you and you dispute owing them anything, then contact Fredrickson International (by writing is probably best) and saying that the amount is in dispute.

Also, I'd sugest geting a copy of your credit report. It is possible that a default may have been logged against you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This is what Exquifax have logged on my credit report:-

T-Mobile Communications

Current £137

Delinquent £102

Start 7/6/2002

Delinquent 06/2007

What does delinquent mean?

Is the start date the start of the account opening or the start of this 'alleged debt'?

I do know my contract with T-Mobile started way before 2002, but it ended only about 3 years ago with the account being cleared. I dont know what the 2002 date relates to. Well the whole 137 pounds to be precise!

The start date should be the date that you first took the contract out. The deliquent date is likely to be the default date. On a credit file you have different Status Codes i.e. Stauts Code 0 (account paid on time), Status Code 1 (account paid 1 month late) etc, once it gets to Status Code 4 its classed as being delinquent. Most lenders will default an account once its got to Status Code 3 (3 months in arrears) and it is at this point that they pass the acccount to an external debt collection agency to chase the money on their behalf. As you have a copy of your credit file from Equifax you can raise a Data Dispute through them to advise that you do not belive the data to be accurate. They will then contact the Data Controller (T-Mobile) who should then investigate the account and advise of their findings. Judging from your credit file it looks like T-Mobile still own the debt and have sold it to Fredricksons therefore correspond with T-Mobile, but advise Fredricksons in writing that you dispute the debt and are taking the matter up directly with T-Mobile.

Judging from your credit file it looks like T-Mobile still own the debt and have sold it to Fredricksons therefore correspond with T-Mobile, but advise Fredricksons in writing that you dispute the debt and are taking the matter up directly with T-Mobile.

What - TWO people own the debt?

Irrespective of this, the first point of contact is ALWAYS who placed the file marker, not who subsequently owns it, because they cannot re-flag it as a debt.