Who has got a GE Money Lloan,Secured Loan or Mortgage?

elizabeth1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I had a mortgage with GE money - but they were horrendous. I couldn't afford the repayments and the house got repossessed. I am just pursuing them now for various charges. Borrowed £155,000 and repaid £192,000! Over 4 years - they had a hell of a lot of charges out of me.

I was unlucky enough to have a mortgage with GE money, borrowed 145,000, repaid 33,000 over 3years!!! and because of all the late payment fees the wanted 157,000 in final settlement when we sold our house in desperation. Bear in mind I paid a 22,000 deposit as well, making me a whopping 55,000 out of pocket in 3yrs. I exchanged contracts and handed the keys to the buyer we found on the day of our repossession hearing. Talk about going to the wire. I now rent. Personally i'm going to be after some advice on claiming some of these charges back (this is my first post) any takers?

:(

We have a GE Mortgage..we just wrote to them telling them that : we give them 14 days to repay the late payment penalty charges, defaults and councilling fees. Sent them the :you don't have permission to visit us letter bla bla..and automated phone calls constitute harassment..why do you ask?

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Have had GE money secured loan, this is in queue to be looked at for charges and exit fees.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...
We current;ly have re mortage, have pmd you also

Sorry I haven't had a PM from you yet - could you copy it to me again please? (If you click on my name in my avatar you'll be able to send me a message through that screen on the left hand side)

We had a secured loan with GE/Igroup and the illegitimates tried to repossess two years ago. Have since paid the parentless people off by remortgaging with original mortgage lender AND got refund of £2k of unlawful late payment charges recently, although I am not allowed to talk about that:D. Still want to claim back 2.5k early repayment charge when the dust settles. Was the worst decision ever borrowing from this lot - in fact we are considering suing the broker who put us onto them as well.

As you can tell we Lurrrrrve GE money. In fact their mortgage counsellor (wannabee bailiff) told us to stop paying our credit cards - sadly four of them were GE storecards and we have trounced three of them so far in court :D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 2 weeks later...

My mother had a secured loan with them for £3000 for house improvements. Because of her age I acted as guarantor for it. This was in 1993. After she passed I was paying. I became ill, but had personally paid them over £4k, and stopped paying. Stupidly left it. They asked for £39,000 last year! or they were having my house.

I fought it, and they accepted £1500 as full and final payment. They knew that had it gone to court they couldn't justify the amount.

Rip x

Is the argos card part of GE MONEY ?

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.