RMA Process

ipkiss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope Im not duplicating here... sorry if I am...

I have 3 cards with Amex that they have now passed to RMA.

On the 10th of July they bullied me into paying them £1500 of a possible £14K despite me telling them I was made redundant.

I thought this would hold them off for a month. But already RMA are calling me twice a day and leaving messages saying I need to call them urgently.

I was thinking of writing them a later saying that I would continue to pay them £1500 a month for as long as I could and issuing a CCA.

I dont know what process I should be following here? Please help as I dont want to keep getting calls from these guys. I tried telling them that I would pay token amounts but they werent listening. I cant send them the harrassment letter as its just twice a day.. but I need to know what my next step should be?

Send of the CCA request with the harrassment letter.

Send recorded and do not sign it

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

RMA and their other arm NCO, are one of the least professional companies I have ever dealt with.

They completely refuse to abide with OFT guidelines and statute !!

I advise to keep Everything and tell them this when they call.

You will no longer be discussing financial matters over the phone with ANYONE.

They wont like this and will rant and rave, please stay calm and say you are recording the call for use by Trading Standards.

To be honest, they only way I got them to respond to letters was by changing my number and NOT telling them.

I had upwards of 8 calls A DAY !!!

BT will do this for free in harassment cases.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Send of the CCA request with the harrassment letter.

Send recorded and do not sign it

Idax

Why do you say dont sign it? The reason I ask is cos Ive sent them a cheque for £1500 towards the debt already

Edited by ipkiss
Add line of text

Thoroughly nasty people to deal with untill the boot was on the other foot when they came back after me for another £400 that they decided that I owed! I had 2 of their monkeys shouting at me on the phone one day and I calmly talked them off the phone and got my own way!

They did accept a 70% full and final (they offered it!) settlement though so they do have a nice side :)