Coverplan will not honour their agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have bought an extended warranty through Currys Coverplan for 9 years. Early this year the washer broke. It took over 6 weeks to fix so I instigated the 6 week rule in that they had to replace the machine with either vouchers or replacement machine. At that time I informed them that I had purchased a new machine myself and therefore required vouchers. I also informed them that the machine was a top of the range model (which they would not have supplied me with) and it was confirmed that I could have vouchers. Coverplan have since taken the stance that as the washing machine has been replaced (even though I paid for it) the company's position is that they will not give me any vouchers and they have not refunded the remainder of the policy. This matter has been ongoing since February. Consumer Direct asked me to write a final letter before they became involved but it has made no difference. I cannot get anyone in Consumer Direct to return my call and I feel as though Coverplan are not upholding their agreement - has anyone got any advice? Would it be worth threatening court action?

Ask for a TSO to contact you or contact your local trading standards department direct. some will take action on your behalf, but this is the exception rather than the norm.

When calling consumer direct it can take a day or so. Why do you need a return phone call rather talking to someone on the line?

Right. I would phone up again and state that you have been promised call backs before. If they refuse ask to speak to a supervisor. Their service agreement does state that they will escalate this, but call centres being call centres...

Your local authority generally relies on CD. however, if you contact your TS directly and state taht you have already had a response from management then they should do something.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...