Help! - being taken to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - please can anyone help? I'll try to cut a long story short -

in 2003 I (tried) to start a business setting up a discount scheme in my home town - I arranged for a printer to do all the printing for me - I used this particular institution because they said they would be able to turn the job aorund in one week - however they messed up the job badly and took a very long to complete - by the time it was finished the cards became almost useless.

Anyway - they took well over 6 months to invoice me - a reflection of ow disorganised they were! At this time I was extremely ill with problems with my back and couldn't work - I wrote to them and complained about the job - they send it straight to control account a debt collection agency.

I wrote to both the printers and the DCA several times disputing the claimed amount however I was told that I had to pay or they would take me to court and charge court fees etc, they frightened me as I was not wised up at the time and I started paying £20 per month to them - until recently when I became ill and am now in receipt of income support - I wrote to them on advice of debt collection charities offering them £1 per month, the called me to say they declined, and then having seen this site wrote to them with a letter someone on this site helped with saying basically that I have always disputed the claim and that there was never any written agreement etc. The next thing I got was a court claim, I acknowledge the service and filed a defence - i ahve since spoken to a solicitor however since this is a business (so called) dispute I amnot eligible for legal aid, but she advised me that it is unlikley I will win because I ahve been paying and ~i don't have copies of the letters I sent them in the first place - so I called control account who said that they CAN provide me with all the letters I wrote them but I need to put it in writing and they migh take a whle to find the info - Is there anyway I can ask thecourt to let me file the rest of my defence later than the 28 days because it would all need to be in by the end of the month and I'm not sure I will receive all the info by then?

By the way - I have asked for the ifno the claimant intends to use and it is an invoice and a copy of th letter from asking to pay £1 per month.

Also as I will be representing myself - ifI do get all the letters disputing the claim would I be correct in beleiving that the dca should not have carried on claiming from me as the claim was in dispute?couldthis be enough to close the case?

Any help or advice as to how to go about presenting my defence would be of use - I also filed a counter claim because in my opinion they ruined my business from the start.

PLEASE HELP! thanks

Hi turnitaround,

Just looked in to bump this thread. I also note that you have other posts that you have asked for help with. CAG sometimes gets very busy and some threads can be missed, so if you do not get a reply...just ask again and someone will be along to help when they can.

Could you explain what 'bump' means - I've seen it on post before but can't work it out! also I tried to look up my old post regarding this matter butI wrote at beginning of july and threads previous to this seem to have been removed. Is there anyway of finding your old posts easily?

I know, it took me a while to work it out too!

Basically it is a way to keep the tread active. When you bump your thread, it comes up as a new post again and so is read again. You are not being ignored, its just that the people that are best able to help you are busy and don't get to your thread. Regarding your other thread, if you go to the top of the page and click on user CP and view all, all the threads you are subscribed to will be there. I hope this helps.

scampjet.