"Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable" Oh dear looks like Reliable are upset....shame

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You would think after failing to supply an agreement AND admitting they never have had one, they would be a bit more polite in the hope of getting you to pay something wouldn’t you, well apparently not:rolleyes:

Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.OOOh that’s fighting talk from my neck of the woods mate

Our client has delivered goods to your address Have you? wonder if you can actually prove that:rolleyes: but is a seperate issue anyway as you cant prove on what terms they where supplied even if they could prove it and little effort has been made to pay for them. We are currently considering further steps to recover this debt. Really!!:p as you have admitted not having any legal recourse to do so i can only read that as they will send the boys round, wich is a threat isnt it?:rolleyes:

Take notice that a payment needs to be paid within the next 48 hours to prevent further action. as the letter is dated nearly a week ago that might be a bit dificult:confused:

Please note that in accordance with our clients trading terms an administration charge of £12.00 has been added to your balance.

Yours sincerely,Can you prove you have an agreemant that those terms where agreed to? oh i forgot no you cant::lol:

Well that really makes me volentarely want to pay up for any goods they can prove they supplied doesnt it:rolleyes:

And i was hopeing for a couple of days of after dealing with the last two.....oh well:rolleyes:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sir,

Your conduct in this matter is wholly unacceptable especailly given the chain of events that have led to this point in time

Any more frivolous threats by your organisation will be met by a claim against your company, the grounds for such an action will be set out in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules and CPR Pre Action Protocols

In addition, since you persistently fail to provide a copy of the contract which you allege gives a right of action, i may need to make a pre action disclosure application before the court to ensure that i have all the documents which are relevent to my potential claim

of course at the point where you fail to comply with the order of the court im sure you will be aware that my claim would succeed without question

therefore, please supply me a copy of the contract which you allege that i entered into with your organisation or the organisation which you claim to represent, doing so will avoid the necessity of making an application to the court for disclosure. please note that should it become necessary to make such an application i will produce before the court a copy of this letter when the issue of costs falls due.

if you do not wish to comply with my request , please withdraw your frivolous threats and confirm that this matter is now closed and no further correspondence will be forthcoming from your organisation

Regards

that is what i would send them

short sweet and to the point

Edited by pt2537

thanks PT, I did think of sending the long one quoting this and that i saw you post elswhere but dont think they would have understood it anyway so that one will be a lot better bet i think:p Cheers

Cant help feeling they will persist though, but i can save them for later if they do, i have more persistant ones to sort first;-)

And yes thats just what i thought IdaInFife:grin:

Guest forgottenone
Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Can't help find that funny in another way. Well, we all know DCA's have the power of Gods, we are all mere mortals .. but, really, they also now assume you are working for them as well? Think about it. ;):D

to be brutally honest, these mcmuffins are easily despatched so i would deal with them right away,

i will amend the letter so bear with me as there is something which i think needs including, but i think you should deal with these mcmuffins as soon as you can and get them out of your hair

and of course filleting their donkey is fun

Anyone can send you goods but unless they can prove that you ordered them, they aren't entitled to anything, otherwise I hope you're all going to pay for the Jaguars that I delivered to you.

Quite the most absurd letter I've ever seen from a DCA. Probably not even worth a response. However....

Dear Curs

Thank you for your amusingly pompous letter dated xxxx.

You state that my "conduct in this matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated". It is unclear to me why you find my assertion of my legal rights in this matter so disagreeable.

What is clear, however, is that your behaviour is not just unacceptable and intolerable, it is also contrary to ss.5, 6 & 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. You are also in default of a formal request made pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and s.77/78(6) applies, making any demand for payment unlawful.

Take notice that I will not hesitate to raise a formal complaint against you if you make any further vexatious, aggressive or unlawful demands.

I do not expect to hear from you again, and will not enter into further correspondence in this matter.

Yours etc.

Sorry to disapear on you guys, but tied up with a complicated bankruptcy problem elswhere trying to find out why an IP and OR are being complete gits to a poster:mad:

I will bow to your greater knowledge PT and await your responce though i do like yours ScarletPimpernel espeiacialy the opening line:p

Thanks Guys/Gals

Hi Batty

Can you scan the entire letter??

Z.

I will try to get it done this evening when i get some piece and quiet, cant hear myself think at the moment, and this is only the start of the holidays, its going to be a long six weeks:eek::p

Write back with

"In accordance with my intolerable behaviour I am enclosing an invoice for £100 for secretarial and administrative and legal work caused entirely by your firm."

Should give them a jolt in the rear end.

Seriously though I'd take that letter to the Trading Standards people - I am sure it is in breach of their regulations.

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of what they mean by "will not be tolerated"

By saying that, it is implying that there will be a consequence of the conduct & i want to know what that consequence would be exactly? :confused:

Well between this and the previous letter demanding payment and the one before that saying we havnt go an agreemant so cant chase you through the courts but will still hound you to pay and destroy your credit file................

Dear

Thank you for your letter dated xx xxx, which we received on xx xxxx, the contents of which we note.

In relation to your request for a copy of the executed agreement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Under regulation 3 (2)(b) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 there is no requirement to provide a photocopy of the agreement bearing your signature, it is sufficient that we supply you with a 'true copy' of the agreement setting out the terms and conditions to which you have agreed. A 'true copy' need not bear the debtor's signature or, in our case, the date of the agreement. We are therefore enclosing a 'true copy' of the Credit Agreement sent out to you when the account was opened in February 2003.

Your current balance is £xxxx.xx with arrears outstanding of £xxx.xx. Credit charges are currently being charged at 39.6% APR (2.6p in £).

42 payments have been made to the account to date totalling £xxxx.xx.

Based on the above balance and repayment rate, and if no further transactions take place against the account, a total of 28 instalments are expected to repay the balance in full, consisting of 1 payment of £xxx.xx, 26 subsequent payments every 28 days thereafter of £xx.xx and 1 final payment of £xx.xx.

Please also find enclosed a detailed breakdown of the account dating back to

xxxxxxxxxx, which includes all transactions against the account.

The absence of an executed agreement will affect our ability to pursue this matter through the courts, but not our right to seek payment through our normal collections methods, short of court proceedings.

If, however, it is your decision not to make any further payments to the account on the basis that the signed credit agreement has not been provided, collections activity will cease, though we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take the decision not to make any further payments to the account, your non¬payment will be reported to the relevant credit reference agencies, which will remain for a period of 6 years.

We await hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely Customer Help Team

is there a rule they havnt broke yet?:p

Edited by blind-as-a-bat

I've pondered this one a while today and really think you should get this straight to Trading Standards and insist they pass the details to the OFT as well. They are in clear breach of OFT guidlines and the CPUTR 2008.

Don't correspond with these numpties until you have done so, keep records of your time, costs etc. in order to make a claim against them for their outrageous cheek :mad:

I want to know what the "will not be tolerated" means & i wont give up asking till i find out :D

Im not sure myself but cant stop thinking "exterminate" may be to follow together with "comply comply comply" (in a crazed dalek voice):p

It reads like the next thing the writer did was stamp to his foot on the ground before launching into a sulk!

:p it does doesnt it:lol:

and i just noticed across those too letters, paying 42 payments equalling well over 2.5k is classed as making little or no effort to pay is it:rolleyes:

How about i respond "and you have made little or no effort to prove the aledged debt":D