• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dextallulah v Co-op Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, this may sound a tad thick but, can we not be counter-sued for incurring these charges anyway? arent we in breach of contract for failing to honour payments? I'm confused! my bank hates me anyway i'm sure there gonna get me back somehow if i claim my millions back!!

Well if they did that, they may be forced to tell the court how much it actually cost them for your breach of contract, and considering what they have charged you, that could end up giving them a whole lot of trouble....which they don't want..

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

• 1 month later...

Just received my backdated statements (after 42 days i may add!) just wondering what is 'debit interest' and do i reclaim it? Also, despite my numerous attempts to understand the 8% interest business i'm still just not getting it! I thought i only added that on if it went to court, but after reading some forum material i now seem to think i add it on in my initial letter?!? Please somebody help this thickhead out before i jeopardise my whole claim!!

Interest

There are 2 interest to consider.

Type 1 interest

This is the interest that the bank deducted from your account as a result of the charge they took.

e.g. If you were £10 overdrawn and the bank took a £35 charge because you were overdrawn they would charge you interest on £45. This interest would be taken until the account went back into credit.

Or

If you have an interest paying account and they took a charge of £35 you would lose the interest that would otherwise be paid on the £35. This interest would continue to be lost thereafter.

The rate of type 1 interest is that which the bank applies either on your overdraft or positive balance. You can get this information from them.

This first type of interest is claimable from the Start and should be included in the Preliminary letter and updated for date changes with every subsequent communication.

Type 2 interest.

This is the interest that is claimed when you make the claim via the County Court. Its purpose is to compensate you for the loss of use of your money.

The rate of this interest is set in the legislation and is at present 8%pa calculated pro rata on the number of days you are owed the money.

Where £M is the value of the charge plus any bank interest taken and/or lost and D is the number of days.

So if a charge was taken on 1st Jan and the date of your claim is February 10 then D=31 + 10 = 41

The calculation therefore is Interest = £M x 8/100/365 x D

8/100/365 = 0.00022

So the interest = £M x 0.00022 x 41

You must do this calculation for each charge + interest that you are claiming back then add them all together to get the total type 2 interest.

This type 2 interest is only applied to what you are owed when you raise a claim in the county court.

Hope this helps

I preferred doing it all myself, it's not that difficult and the personal satisfaction at the end of it is great!!

- I'll do it for you if want, lol.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't touch any of these outfits with a barge pole.

The amount of time it actually takes to claim isn't all that much and the amount these outfits charge is extortionate.

Stick with us and do it yourself is my advice

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I wouldn't touch any of these outfits with a barge pole.

The amount of time it actually takes to claim isn't all that much and the amount these outfits charge is extortionate.

Stick with us and do it yourself is my advice

I quite agree - All the templates you could possibly need are in the library. Lots and lots of people willing to help...

May be something for the mods to look at though if someone is willing to take on cases - to court stage (if necessary) and the 10 or whatever agreed percentage be given back to the site (as well as a donation of course!!)

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

The other issue is that you aren't actually allowed to charge a percentage, you can only charge a fixed fee.

If a company is charging a percentage then I wouldn't go near them as they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Also if the payment is deferred until after you win your case then they are technically giving a loan, and I very much doubt they have the relevant licence to do so.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Team

I am doing all of this myself,with the help of this website.The knowledge you gain here will help you in the future.All the websites are doing is the same as you are here.Exactly the same thing.What you learn here you can help work mates and family.Do it yourself and get knowledge that will open your eyes,and then you can be more careful in the future when you buy things or borrow money.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I'll do it for you. Just got my lot through. Just about to start doing it for my sister. Helping some friends do it as well.

PM me if you want to discuss it further.

1. We strongly recommend that people keep their posts in the open, so that we can all take advantage of the advice on offer, to ensure that the advice can be corrected or modified if necessary, and to protect the advisor from potential court action if they encounter a problem.

2. I would suggest that unless you are professionally qualified you would be ill-advised to offer advice for a fee.

3. It is against forum rules to advertise your services.

4. All templates on this site are subject to copyright, so although you may use them for your own claims, you would be breaking copyright law if you used them for any other purpose without the express permission of the owners.

I am sorry if I have misinterpreted your intentions in offering advice, but I felt it important to make you aware of the implications of your invitation to provide help, and also point out the pitfalls to anyone else thinking of taking you up on your offer.

The help on this site is free of charge, but as you rightly say, there are plenty of others out there who will be more than happy to take a share of your money if you can't be bothered to copy and paste a few letters.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.