solicitors fees Re? Bankrupcy petition

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again,

it does seem that once a posesion order has been granted --somehow everyone seems to come out from under a rock!! in addition to interim charging order problems( i posted question earlier in anoher thread)

i have today received a letter from solicitors who acted for the claimant approx 10 months ago in a bankruptcy petition( business debt of approx £2500)- which was paid at bankruptcy hearing...

anyway BRACHERS solicitors have written a letter stating that as i had not paid their legal bill of approx £1500-they will be taking further action--

i have no idea how they get this figure?? and i certainlycannot make any payments towards it

please can someone advice again

Thank You

Hello again,

it does seem that once a posesion order has been granted --somehow everyone seems to come out from under a rock!! in addition to interim charging order problems( i posted question earlier in anoher thread)

i have today received a letter from solicitors who acted for the claimant approx 10 months ago in a bankruptcy petition( business debt of approx £2500)- which was paid at bankruptcy hearing...

anyway BRACHERS solicitors have written a letter stating that as i had not paid their legal bill of approx £1500-they will be taking further action--

i have no idea how they get this figure?? and i certainlycannot make any payments towards it

please can someone advice again

Thank You

Can you contact the OR to clarify what was included and whether they are right to try to reclaim this?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Sorry i should have explained more clearly that the bankruptcy petition did not go any further as the debt was repaid in full prior to hearing...

these fees relate to the solicitors who acted on behalf of the claimant in bringing the petition in the first place

thanks-if anyone can advice that'll be really great as i cannot afford these huge legal costs and i also don't know how they are so high