MBNA won't accept written correspondence only...

lexis200
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry double post

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch Pompeyfaith, that does not sound like a good run!

I can't say I'm looking forward to if/when it ends up in court, but I am doing my best already to make them look poor if it does:)

Crossing fingers for you though - it sounds like you're not only ready for it but have enough cr*p on them to make their eyes water;)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hey Hopeful

Yup, getting a bit braver each day (obviously until something I'm not expecting happens:rolleyes:)

I banged of 4 letters to them the other day, one to each of the 'Heads' I've had letters from, and one to a VP (I wonder how many of them there are????) All say pretty much the same, all ask the same questions, so I'm looking forward to seeng how different the responses - if I get any - are. Oh, also stuck in a formal complaint on the back of one particularly pompous template!

hiya lexis200

thanks for the photobucket and took your tips but it wont work for me,i think my pc has higher security as my bro in law done it and i cant even paste a pic of the paperwork i rec from cl , any other suggestions sorry on your thread just wanted to alert you

my mbna also not readable, so im sort of stuck

glad you seem to be okay with things,

ciao for now laters maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hey maz

erm...I can't really think why that wouldn't have worked! My hubbie works in IT and has my PC kept up to date with high security bits (don't ask me what, I just know it irritates me constantly when things keep popping up!), so I'd be surprised if it's that.

You could maybe try one of the other sites - I used rapidshare.com which seemed to be ok. The only thing is that if you use the free part of it (which I'm assuming we all would:)), you have to wait 30seconds before you can download the picture. The plus side is you can do it in super dooper high resolution, so anyone looking can see an excellent copy of your documents.

If you try it but get stuck, give me a nudge. I'm away over the weekend, but back Monday sometime.

Cheers

Lexis:)

hiya lexis

thank you, will try that out, i just want to show a clear copy for all to view

im away the weekend too so will be back monday afternoon onwards

have a good time and take care ciao maz:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Just how many people are there on this website with our gripes about these banking instituions. Can we all not just turn up at Houses of Parliament one day, the same day of course, and petition them there?

There's got to be an Act somewhere that we are allowed to do that 'en masse' ??

hahah u are not joking are you AA99

dont you know the latest MBNA are an American Bank, well why dont they get Mr Bush to run them properly then! Guess they will get some money out of the pot too,my american cousins are going mad at the extra it will cost the citizens!

sorry lexis taking over on a rant on your thread,,,,,,,,,,have a good weekend all

ciao for now laters maz:p lol to the Muppets not you lot my dear friends.

Can't seem to P M you but am sure Lexis will understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mbna boss gets a Bentley to be chauffer-driven from Chester to the Chester Business Park, and the other big boss paid himself £11m salary last year and resigned, alledgedly, so I hear !!!!!!!!!!!! Gossip, gossip, LOL !

Yes I am serious about the gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

HELLO LEXIS

you do know you have friends on here we do miss you when you are not arround so we hope our antics make you smile when you finally get back on:D

im just logging in, going to now try that other link you kindly gave me to scan my stuff so ta

have a good day ciao for now maz

Hey maz

I missed you too:D OH keeps telling me off as I'm on here so much - it's stopping me doing actual work. I just tell him I'm attempting to remove a huge amount of debt, so leave me alone to type:p

Hope the link works for you - if not I'll ask hubbie for another one to try!

I'll check your thread later and see if anything's up to have a look-see at...

lexis:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little BUMP :eek:

How is it going?

Our house is almost returning to a little bit of normality without all day nuisance calls, 3 times a day from machines only now, played along with it once today and got put through to a human by which time I sounded like a machine, sorry no calls, sorry letter only, sorry waiting for written reply, sorry you are in breach of the DPA, sorry, sorry, bye bye :twisted:

hiya lexis

just dropping by but got beat by u AA99 haha

wanted to say hiya and see for any updates

have a good day taraaaa for now maz

Hi you two:D

It's all a bit quiet at the moment. I sent of 4 letters last month (3 to the 'Heads' of customer service and one to a VP - how many of them do you reckon there are??). Received on in a nice purple envelope from one of the Heads, but it crossed in the post with mine so was only to threaten rather than help. That reminds me actually, I must reply to it...

On of the letters I did was a formal complaint, and I gave them two weeks to contact me regarding it - that limit ended on the 30th September and no reply from them. I'm not sure who I escalate this to now though?

They haven't fully complied with the CCA (they sent current t's and c's), but unless chalkitup finds that there is something dodgy going on with the agreement they sent, I'm taking it as being non-compliant but enforceable.

I need to complain about them not fully complying, the patronising and very misleading letters they've sent, and that they won't consider my payment offer even though I plainly can't give more. Any ideas on who I need to be getting on to:confused:

No phonecalls that I know of though. And after we bought a bleedin' recorder to catch them out if they didn't go through security again - don't they know we want to make them squirm???

Glad you've got a bit of breathing space AA99, it does make it a bit easier to cope, even though you know you can tell them to sod off, it's still nicer not to have them at all!

That's all for now

Take care:)

Lexis x

Hi Lexis

With regards to them ignoring you complaint you can take that to FOS.

With regards to an agreement without the relevant t & cs, i would make a formal complaint to them about that. When they still don't comply, complain to Trading Standards. How can you establish exactly what terms you agreed to when they can't provide you with them?

When all this is sorted you won't know what to do with the time you've saved reading and writing letters :p

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful

Thanks for that, I can never work out who you're meant to complain to about various issues -OFT/TS/Information Commissioners Office/FOS!

I'm going to get onto it after the 20th, which is when OH's S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) should arrive, hopefully complete with transcript of MBNA berk who didn't go through security but happily discussed account details. I'm betting it won't have anything of the sort, but it's worth the little wait just in case!

When all this is sorted you won't know what to do with the time you've saved reading and writing letters :p

Too right, but it's bringing my typing speeds up no end:D

After saying yesterday we hadn't heard from them, OH had a call yesterday. I answered and, feeling in a pretty confident mood (unlike me for the phone) had a lovely chat with Mr B. After getting his name, I asked what it was about. Usual 'personal banking business' line. I said I knew about the account this was in regards to, and I knew that they'd been told in writing on several occasions that contact was strictly letter only, to which he said he couldn't comment on anything in the account. It then went along the lines of this -

Me - fine, but he won't be calling you, and you can't call us as he's already said letter only.

Him - I can't comment on that, but I must tell you that we urgently need to talk to him about the account and will keep calling.

M - you can't, you've been told no phone contact - anything further will be harassment.

H - We have to (ignored harassment bit)

This continues in a circle for a minute or two, so I changed tack:rolleyes:

M - There is absolutely no point in him talking on the phone, and the letters sent have said this. You will have these details on the screen in front of you. The reason he will not talk on the phone is that he was flat out lied to when he originally tried to set up a payment plan on the account, and then your colleagues simply tried to bully him into paying more than he can.

H - Fine, but if he really wants to sort out any issues with the account the easiest way is on the phone.

Again, more circling, so I changed again.

M - Right, I understand you can't discuss the account, but I'll tell you what's happening and you can confirm it by looking at the notes you must have. Mr Lexis is offering £x. This is all he can afford. There is no money anywhere else as you will see from his I/E form, he can not offer you more.

H - OK, well can you tell him to call on ...

M - I will tell him you called but for the reasons above he will not phone back, however if you are willing to accept the proposal he has offered and that is all he is physically able to pay, he will be more than happy to sort this out by post.

H - If he really wants to arrange that, it would be so much easier by phone.

M - Right, so are you saying you would be willing now to properly consider this offer that he can pay?

H - If I can talk to him.

M - Right, on the strict proviso that you will talk to him only on the condition that you do not ask for more than has been offered, you can phone back in half an hour and speak to him. I should let you know though, if you try to get him to pay more than has been offered, he will terminate the call immediately. It will also have to be you who phones, as he won't be talking to anyone else.

H - Ok, that should be fine, I'll call back in half an hour.

Then me confirming the last couple of sentances a couple of times, pleasantries, hang up.

I actually felt quite good after that. I kept very polite and calm (although i came off the phone shaking; I'm really not a phone person:eek:) Despite how this reads, he was very patient (this call lasted a good 10/15 mins), he didn't get hacked off in any way that I simply wouldn't put OH on the phone (it was plain that he was in) and he seemed like he would be more helpful than any of the other Heads of Customer Assistance I've been writing to.

Unfortunately, after this call I found out that OH was charging the recorder so it wasn't on:mad: Then Mr B didn't actually phone back. Now I'm not sure if there's any significance to this - maybe he forgot/got caught up/couldn't be bothered - but I'm wondering if perhaps after the phone call he actually had a look at OH's file, saw the numerous letters stating letter only, and thought better of phoning? I can't believe that would be it, but seeing as I actually told him to phone back, I find it strange he didn't.

Btw, the point of telling him to call back in half an hour was so I had time to go through all correspondence and guidelines/regulations relevant, in order to give OH a run down of what he needed to say.

Needless to say, if we do get a follow up call, it has to be Mr B or OH won't be speaking to them. I'm quietly hopeful that we might actually be somewhere towards them accepting the payment plan. Seeing as the agreement, although not fully compliant at the moment, does seem to be more enforceable than not, this is really what we're gunning for.

Oh, and the recorder is now on and running and fully charged!

I hope I did the right thing. We really just need them off our backs for a bit as we're having a bit of a harsh time at the moment with both our dads having nasty diagnosis' recently, and need to focus on them not this.

Anyway, sorry for the monumental post! Anyone still awake?:p

Lexis:)

hiya lexis

thats fab,, but i had similar way past - and i really hope it turns out good for you, for me now - have had enough, just the way i feel about it,but really all this we do , we all have to find our own way in dealing with it, if it gets the result you want then that is whats important

will type more later got guests in a bit and off to get some snacks in

ciao keep happy and you did really well fantastic, no need to be rude, it should all be on the sars anyway ,,if they log it that is

ciaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo laters MAZ

Lexis, as Maz has said, everyone has to tackle things in a way that suits them. Fighting creditors and DCAs is a long hard slog. There are far more important things in life as you have said with regards to your family.

If making the payment is what you want to do then make it! Make the offer again in writing with a request to cease adding interest / charges and make the payment at the same time - preferably through online banking. If they allow the payment to stay in the account, then they are as good as saying it's ok. If they continue to be unreasonable, keep making the payments but complain to them formally. When they carry on being unreasonable complain to FOS.

I'm sorry to hear your dad's are unwell. They certainly deserve your time and energy. Make sure you look after yourselves too x

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful

Thanks for your reply:)

I am already paying them the amount we've offered - OH started this in July, and I finally got them to stop with the charges etc sometime in August/September (I forget exactly when). I'm just about to get a letter going to the FOS about that (once I've worked out what to put!). I'm also going to get a complaint going about the t's and c's today.

I issued a formal complaint on the 16th and gave them until the 30th to respond - I haven't even had an acknowledgement. I also wrote the the (one of many??) VP Gail Powell, again nothing back. I know I should have complained to the FOS straight away, but other things have taken over.

Oh, and Mr B never did phone back - I don't think they love us anymore:(

hiya lexis

found my way back onto your thread - hope your family and you are okay

the rest is just useless bits of stuff we have to give a bit of time to during this mad life we lead

oh i had that in the year, someone really wanted to help and then never bottered to call back when he said he would - i tried to keep records but it was a diff time, and need to go through the sars in detail soon as im checking the data protection info and want to see if they have recorded something they shouldnt have so going to see what im going to do about that,,

have a good day chat laters ciao for now MAZ

Also, yesterday OH had a letter headed

CREDITORS NOTICE.

TAKE NOTE - IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THIS LETTER BY MONDAY 20 OCTOBER THEN YOU WILL LEAVE US NO CHOICE BUT TO CONSIDER FURTHER PROCEEDINGS.

We do not want to take further action. We most certainly do not want to have to apply to the Court for a Judgement, etc etc, threat threat, we might possibly if we may blah.

However, you are leaving us with no choice if you are not willing to make a level of monthly payments acceptable to us.

I'm sure you can work out which bits I've tweaked myself...

First of all, they are due to respond to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on the 20th, so I'm wondering if that date is relevant. Secondly, would I be right in thinking that they certainly wouldn't want to be taking me to court, as no judge is going to make OH pay amounts acceptable to them, if he can only afford what is being offered (and paid!) now?

The account is already subject to a formal complaint which seems to have been completely ignored, so do I now trot out something to say the above, and also include the lack of original terms? I am going to write to the FOS about it, and will get a letter drafted today, but I don't know whether I should let them know that?

If I've already put in a complaint about other things, do I just add the terms bit in or do I start another complaint separately?

And one last thing, do I class the account as in dispute whilst they've ignored the last complaint?

Thanks anyone!

Edited by lexis200
wrong date for receipt of letter!