Cabot Say Debt Not Statute Barred: What Do I Do Next???**WON**

PossVox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is the general consensus that they'll discontinue do you think?

What stage is the case at, have you received an AQ yet? what was the final date for your defence to be filed by?

Did you make your application on th N244?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CCM,

Crapbot have to respond to my defence by close of business on Monday, if not then the court told me that the case will be stayed.

I was told by the Court to phone them on Tuesday morning for an update.

So, no AQ yet.

I don't know what an N244 is but I have sent CPR 31.14 requests TWICE with absolutely no response from Crapbot.

Thanks,

PV :-)

Edited by PossVox
additional info

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

The n244 was mentioned by GM in post 132, but never mind that.

As they have taken so long to respond, i suspect they have nothing so will probably discontinue next week, it will cost them more money if they want to go on to the AQ stage, having said that i thought one of mine would do the same but i was wrong, anything is possible.

• Haha 1

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi again,

Ah yes, I remember GM mentioning that now... she said that we could make them "reveal all".

I don't think they have anything and they've bought a dud and We've called their bluff.

It's fingers crossed time now methinks.

I would like to get it struck out as soon as possible just so it's not hanging over me for some indeterminate length of time.

Thanks for your input.

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

yep they will have to revel all info they have.

if u need anything just shout and i will see what i can do to help.

Gm

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi GM,

Thanks for that, good to know you're there.

Don't want to sound ungrateful, but I hope I don't need you!!! ;)

I'll update after the weekend.

Thanks again,

i know what u mean.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Any news yet? I hope I don't have to get my quill and inkpot out yet?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Emma,

Hope you had a good w/e.

No news yet.

No post today.

I've been told by Northampton CC to phone them in the morning as Crapbot have until 4pm today to respond to my defence.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Good luck- I'll be watching for good news!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks Emma!

I'm hopeful but still keeping my guard up...I'm ready to fight these parasites if I have to.

I'll be updating tomorrow morning.

PV :-) x

Hi DB,

Thanks, I totally intend to!

If I manage to get rid of Crapbot then it'll not be a second too soon.

If, when, I get costs, the money is going straight to the cAG fighting fund.

Thanks for your support DB - - watch this space!

wow possvox.

i have read this thread start to finish. i have been glued to it just now....i really hope the sods fall flat on their face's.

good luck. i will be logging on tomorow as soon as i get back from work.

i have just had a run in, with lowell. nothing but hassle but they are not continuing with the debt they bought 3g....got a good mind to take them to court because they changed my credit file, from satsified in 2005 to defaulted in 2008. bullys nothing but bullys

Morning All!

Just got off the phone from the Court and they inform me that the case is STAYED.

Phew!

The court clerk said that I should phone the court on a weekly basis in order to ensure that Crapbot don't get the stay lifted by the DJ without my knowledge.

I asked about getting the case struck out but was told i "can't strike out something which hasn't been entered yet".

Any advice as to my next move please anyone?

Thanks to everyone who's advised and supported so far.

not a lot really i feel.

sitting and waiting is the next move.

Hi GM,

I thought it'd be more of the old waiting game... It's the worst bit... LOL!

Maybe they'll write to me sometime and tell me they are discontinuing... or maybe they'll 'find' a CCA... who knows with these "people"...

Thanks GM

PV x

I can just see hordes of them, flinging themselves through a warehouse full of archived paperwork! Frantic little things.

Sorry, but that has made me giggle. They really are a bunch of "people".

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

What i would advise you to do is contact the courts and ask how long is to long to wait for them to reply to a stayed case.

as in if the stay is on for 6 months do they then autoatically stop the case?

What i would advise you to do is contact the courts and ask how long is to long to wait for them to reply to a stayed case.

as in if the stay is on for 6 months do they then autoatically stop the case?

The court clerk stated that the case would remain stayed indefinitely or until Crapbot discontinue or ask the DJ to lift the stay.

Hardly seems fair that they can keep this hanging over me until they decide what they're doing? After all, it's ME that's followed all the correct procedures and Crapbot who've chosen to lodge a claim and then not provide a single scrap of evidence.

Where's the justice in THAT?

When does this go SB?

Hi GM,

It already IS SB!!!

Fell off my credit report in 2006.

I referred to the fact it was SB in my defence to the court.

Crapbot say I made a payment in 2004 but I know I didn't. I put them to strict proof of the alleged payment and they simply sent a duplicate threatogram saying I made a payment!

Edited by PossVox
typo

Re the MBNA notice of assignment. Another CAger received one of these AFTER Cabot agreed to discontinue their case at court. MBNA had actually served this notice three years previously. Upon making an official complaint the CAGer was told by MBNA that Cabot had requested it and they were obliged to send them a copy too.

If this doesn't get thrown out also ask for a copy of the Sales Agreement between MBNA and Cabot.

Yet another CAGer had the case against them by Cabot (OC MBNA) discontinued earlier this year. It too was where they were trying to collect on statute barred claim where they claimed the CAGer had made a payment one day before it was SB. Judge thought it was v dodgy and demanded evidence but they just dropped it.

Just keep on you're doing the right things. AND keep your MP informed. Good luck.

Thanks Rhia, that's very reassuring.

I wonder if a formal request for Crapbots official complaints procedure might be in order?

I think I'll sit back for a week or 2 and see what their next move is and keep phoning the court on a weekly basis in the meantime so that Crapbot don't try a sneak in a judgement by default.

I think you need to keep pushing them on the issue of the £20 payment supposedly made to your account. If they've done this themselves to keep it 'live', then they're sailing very close to the wind. The 'F' word comes to mind, given that they've sent you a letter saying you've made a payment and entering the fact into a court of law. If they don't come up with the goods, I'd suggest really pushing the boat out on the complaints procedures. Would a subject access request (SAR) help, do you think? Might be £10 well spent, and if they fail to comply it's another problem for them which, as Rhia says, means keeping the pressure on.

I think the case might otherwise remain stayed. This could go on for a long time, but they'd have to apply to the court to resurrect the claim, and you would (in theory) have to be informed. That's a bit of a pain, so anything you can do to get the claim withdrawn (even by issuing a counterclaim) should help clear these b*ggers out of your way.