Cabot Say Debt Not Statute Barred: What Do I Do Next???**WON**

PossVox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks GM,

Let's hope we don't have to make them disclose everything...

and they back off before it goes to court.

Do you think the deafening silence from Crapot is because they're keeping their cards close to their chest or because they don't have anything?

Unanswerable question, sorry... just worried.

I really appreciate your help... you were the 1st person ever to reply to me on CAG... and you're still here :D

PV x

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will always be here you cant keep me away for long.

The deafing silence is certainly one that some would say is cause they have nothing.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Fingers crossed then!

Where would we be without CAG? Doesn't bear thinking about!

Thanks

PV :-) x

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

yep I agree.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thirded

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi Berry!

Keep up the great work!

:D

PV :-)

Hi,

Just an update.

No response to my CCA request, so I sent the account in dispute letter (even though I'm waiting to hear if they are going to proceed with CC action, I needed to send them something to make me feel better!).

They have ignored everything in the letter except the S.10 data processing part.

This is their response:

Crapot005.jpg

I guess I'd better send for my credit files?!!:eek:

Any other advice please anyone?

Thanks PV :-)

Edited by PossVox
left personal info showing!

Have they actually produced a Credit Agreement allowing them to process your DATA

Hi ODC,

They have not provided a CCA, they have not provided the proof of payment I asked for to prove it's not Stat Barred.

They have so far only supplied me with a County Court Claim and have failed to respond to my CPR requests.

Dear Emma

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx.

In it you say that under the original agreement you have the right to process my data. As you do not actually have this agreement how can you be sure one exists and that you have my permission to process my data. As it stands at present you don not have any proof of written permission to process my data. You and your company are therefore in breach of the Data Protection Act.

your etc

Brilliant (as usual!), will send that today.

I presume I'm within my rights to carry on writing to them about this despite awaiting their decision as to whether to continue with the county court claim?

Thanks

Edited by PossVox
typo

I'm going to send this letter tomorrow.

Does it look OK please?

Dear Ms Robertson,

Thank you for your letter dated 13/10/08, the contents of which have been noted.

You state that under the original agreement you have the right to process my data. As you do not actually have this agreement, how can you be sure one exists and that you have my permission to process my data?

As it stands at present you do not have any proof of written permission to process my data. For this reason, you and your company are therefore in breach of the Data Protection Act.

I look forward to your written response within the next 7 days.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks

Cheers Mate!

Well, if she can read, we'll have the answer in 7 days! LOL :D

Hi,

Just an update.

Received a letter this morning stating my account will remain on hold until further notice as they are experiencing a delay in obtaining my CCA from the archives. They say 24 days has passed since my request.

Question-how does this affect the Court claim please?

Thanks

PV smile.gif

Hi bmw,

I agree with you totally.

I need a good letter to send to them to get them to drop the case!

I'll be glad to help with a letter over the weekend, if I can be of any assistance? Tonight though things are a bit hairy round here. Sometimes you just have a stinker of a day and need to eat well and veg in front of the TV.:rolleyes:

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Emma,

Some help with a letter would be great thanks!

Sorry you had a sh1tty day, hope the food and tv help you chill out! (Ugly Betty I presume?!).

Thanks,

Speak soon,

Dear Cretins

You have no CCA therefore this alleged debt is unenforceable. Should you continue with your empty threats and blatant untruths I shall report you to TS, theOFT, The FOS and my MP with a view to Prosecution under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

For the benefit of any doubt please be advised that this is my final communication on this matter. No payments will be forthcoming and I will not be entering into any discussion with you regarding this matter. Please be advised that if I have to communicate further with you any communication will be invoiced at £20 per letter. If you communicate further then you will be deemed to have accepted this charge.

Yours etc

Oh ODC,

How i LOVE your letters, I LOVE them!!! :D

LOL

Surely they'll discontinue the court case...surely?

I think I'm winning here...

Cheers,

when they discontinue, be sure to hit them with a wasted costs order

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Hi IAMIT.

I certainly intend to hit them for costs.

And report them to all and sundry as well.

They've bought a stat barred debt with no supporting paperwork, added preposterous charges of around 5k, wasted the courts time and made me ill with worry.

I've already been in touch with my M.P. who is not happy at all with their behaviour.

Is the general consensus that they'll discontinue do you think?

Thanks PV :-)