Struggling to pay back cards.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hear that you can approach your credit card companies and say that you are having problems paying back the debts. Is it true that they can convert the balance to a loan or allow you to pay less interest back?

The reason is I am just affording to pay back the minimum a month and the balances never diminish - on the biggest card I pay back around £100 min payment and the interest is something like £85 of that angry-smiley-030.gif

I cannot apply for other 0% cards to balance transfer to as I have too much outstanding credit.

I have bitten the bullet and moved back to the parents and have even spreadsheeted a budget, but I will be damned if I am going to spend years paying this back when there must be some tricks around to shorten the horror... confused-smiley-013.gif Wish I'd never got credit cards...

Hi, Sk1ntBint.

Not sure if you've read this, some good pointers.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/120603-how-get-out-debt.html

There's a few letters in here you could try sending........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello PriorityOne, Why does it matter how old the credit account cards are. Will this make a difference when trying to arrange a payment plan. I find all these rules very confusing.

Thank you so much