Removing Searches from Credit File?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On checking my credit reference file with Experian I have found 20+ searches which have been made without my knowledge.

I have never heard of any of these companies.

Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable template letter which I can send to have this removed?

some searches are hard to remove due to the companys refusal to do anything about it or admit it might be wrong. I would contact the CRA about this and see what they say. They may be able to help u if not they will be able to advise you on where to contact regarding the info. I would then put what u want in writing.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have checked the FSA Register and some of them are not registered at all. I have not applied for credit with these companies or given them permission to search my files.

Looks like I'm going to be writing more letters again tonight!

Go on then, call me an idiot!

Yes I have many unwarranted and unauthorised searches on my credit report.

But, in addition to that, I found a lot of entries for 'Credit Reporting Agency'

I didn't know what this was, but on checking it out it turned out to be an account I had with 'Checkmyfile.com'

Silly me, I thought by having this account with Check my File that it was a wise and economical move because I could check all three reports on the same site instead of paying to get them seperately.

What I didn't know as that every time I looked at my Credit Reports on Check my File . com they were conducting searches of my files which are all now recorded for posterity.

I could kick myself, am I really that stupid? Or has anyone else fallen into this trap too?