Quick Question about HFO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I've been harrassed by HFO for my boyfriends debt (no legal connection to him)

So trying to help my boyfriend out-he has arranged to pay an amount over a period of 3months (which ends August 24th) which will clear his debt.

Even after payments were going ok-I got called up and told that if we didn't pay the full amount there and then (and i quote) "You will pay lots more, hundreds of pounds more in interest if you do not pay me this money today"

So we've cancelled our cards now so they cant take payment.

I've got a letter from 3saying it was sold, and one from HFO saying he owes them £££.

So we arrange to pay and they still hassle us?

Anyway my question: We are sending a letter that includes inspiration from the library about "harrassing third parties" "deal with written letters only" and have asked for the proof...and have listed the legal clauses in which they have to do this.

Have also included a £1 postal order.

I would like to ask...if anyone knows what is going to happen? I mean how can he make further payments to these people without the same happening again? How can he do this via letter? Safely? And with enough proof to get them off our backs if they try to blag more money once its paid?

Edited by loislanehere
font/bold

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

Just to clarify, is this for a mobile 'phone debt?

You are right to keep everything in writing.

You can use a standing order or internet / telephone banking to make payments. No-one else has any control over these.

If you just need to know the balance you can simply request a statement of account, this is free. If it is a mobile 'phone the credit agreement request you would normally pay a £1 for, is not relevant.

As for the DCA who's threatened you, i would write and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure. Go through this 1st. If you are not happy with the way they deal with it you can then make a complaint to Trading Standards.

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Yeah its for a 3 mobile account.

I've sent the letter now.

Do you think I should not pay anything until they reply?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

Yeah its for a 3 mobile account.

I've sent the letter now.

Do you think I should not pay anything until they reply?

That has to be your call.

All i can do is share my experience. I had an outstanding orange bill passed to a DCA last year. I made payments via internet banking directly to the orange account (details on back of bill). I then asked Orange for a statement of account. When i knew i had paid it all off, i wrote and asked them to confirm the account was settled, which they did. I don't think i heard anything from the DCA at all.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi, loiselanehere.

In your post it say's your waiting for a reply to your CCA request, if it's for the Mobile Phone debt, have a look at this.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

If it's not for the Mobile Phone debt, forget what I just said

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It is for the mobile phone debt so I'll read that..

Thank you :)

And thank you hopeful :)