Jump to content

Question needs answering please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

As you may have read in an earlier post I had a problem with a cheque vouncing which sent me overdrawn. I also have another account wwith The Co-op which my regular wages goes into.


What I'd like to know is, Can the bank take that money from another account to compensate the overdrawn account? Th ewages went in yesterday and they haven't as yet. I wish to propose paying back £50 per month.

Will they normally settle for this?

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites


I think they can, if the accounts are with the same bank that is. I think it is called Off setting, or some thing like that.

Yes, I've found out it is a process called 'Right to Set off', where they off set any debts with funds in savings or current account.

I would contact your bank asap to get this sorted out.

Edited by questioning

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...