What next and closed accounts

williamb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all. have just finished putting all my charges on the spreadsheet (thanks to Vampiress et al). Where I have been charged for being overdrawn, is it ok to put "overdrawn" in the "respect of " column, or is there a better term of phrase to use? My charges are £2061 (£2391) with interest at %8 apr. I had another account which I closed last year. I know that incurred charges as well. As I cannot access this on internet banking anymore, I assume that it is now best to sen DPA letter for that account, and then send the letters for reimbursement on both accounts together? Thus saving time and getting it dealt with as one claim.

Having written out 6 years of charges and seen the total, NOW I'M REALLY P****D!! Anyway, one more job out the way

Cheers and thanks

Hi,

First step is to ensure that you have all the relevant information to calculate your bank charges. If you want to do this for two HSBC accounts then you will need to make the Data Protection Act full disclosure request on ALL information and transaction history held on you.

As one account has been closed, it is reasonable to expect HSBC to check that you are the authorised recipient of this information - so be prepared to provide a certified copy of something like your driving licence (they can do this in your local HSBC branch) Another reason to get the DPA information is that it will indicate if there has been manual intervention in your account.

As the information is about you, then by rights HSBC will only be able to charge a single £10 fee (others will correct me if I am wrong on this...)

At this point you need to forget all about the interest - the ONLY interest at this stage is any that HSBC has charged you on the unlawful penalty charges. This means your statements will show something like:

• Date - Total Charges - £xx.xx
  • Date - Total Interest - £x.xx

Try and be dilligent with the interest calculation - if it shows what it is for then only claim the pro-rata amount. If it just says "total interest" then claim what is on the statement. HSBC can argue the pro-rata amounts if they wish to contest the calculations.

As for the "in respect of" column - penalty charges is as good a phrase as any for the charges, and Penalty Interest is good enough for the interest element.

Good luck.

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.