style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got the keys to my new flat recently, and on closer inspection of all the bits and bobs it turns out the (newly fitted) kitchen taps, bath taps, shower and toilet flush all have the same problem - dirty green/yellow water with what looks like tiny flakes of paint. I'm not sure what exactly is coming out of the taps (my initial thought was algae but it is definitely not that, I suspect now its residue from some kind of rusting metal - does anyone have any ideas?), suffice to say I'm extremly worried about the health and safety issues here.

After speaking to the landlord earlier today he said the property hasn't been in use for a while and that he would get someone to flush it (I assume he means flushing some kind of water tank). I'm worried now that this is not enough and at a loss really on what my options are and where I stand legally in ensuring the water is safe and clean. I'm keen to hear what steps more experienced people would take in this situation.

Thanks,

M

Guest Old_andrew2018

contact your council today (environmental depaartment), explain the situation, I am sure they will help, if not they will refer you to someone who can

You told the lanldord, hes agreed to sort it promptly. No further action is necessary at the moment. If its not sorted soon (and I mean today or tommorow at the latest) then you do need to contact the council as the property is basically unihabitable without a clean watersupply.

Agree with Planner on this one. Have you contacted the water board? On the (admittedly slim) off chance that it is anything to do with them?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!